Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink with CLToast.exe in the windows start list
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Since the installation of PD 19 (365) I appear to have a Link to Cyberlink in Start list. I clicked on it (I know that is dangerous) and it does not seem to do anything.
I have checked and the link points to a program CLToast.exe in the folder:
Program files (x86) \ Cyberlink \ Shared files - folder. The .ini file points to PowerDirector 19 and PhotoDirector 12, so this something that came with the recent installation.
But WHAT does this program do, and why does it sit in the Windows start list? Anyone?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Do you mean the Start Menu? I hadn't noticed it until now, and "toast" generally means a way of popping up notifications to alert the user about something related to the main PD program.

I also see a couple CLtoast entries in the Windows tasks folder, but not in the Startup (automatically run when Windows starts) list.

My guess is that it's harmless and it can definitely be blocked by turning off notifications from Windows Settings | Notiifications & actions tool:

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reaction Optodata.

(I like to state here that -looking at your valuable contribution to this forum- you definitly win the eternal gratitude price!)

Yes, in the Start Menu is where I have found Cyberlink that links to CLToast. Didn't you?
and I have found one (thank you) in the task list; apparently an -updateschedulerun.
I did turn off all notifications, so it was not there.

Last time I checked I was the owner of and the boss on my PC. I'd like to know what is going on and why.

Maybe Cyberlink can tell us what it does and put our minds to rest? I will ask them.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes I saw it on my Start Menu too, and the reason it showed up on my Notifications tool was that one had recently popped up.

If you've turned off all notifications then you shouldn't ever be bothered by CLToast,. If you choose to enable them at some point, you may need to wait for the first CL notification to appear before being able to turn off future ones as I've done.

And thank you very much for the gratitude "award"

I know how challenging it is to deal with technical issues when simply trying to get something done, and I'm fortunate to have enough time and hard-won experience to be able to help others. This is a wonderful community and I'm grateful to have the opportunity to interact with fellow editing enthusiasts from all over the world - like you my friend!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Last time I checked I was the owner of and the boss on my PC. I'd like to know what is going on and why.

Maybe Cyberlink can tell us what it does and put our minds to rest? I will ask them.

Hello,

My guess would be that it is for the new "Receive Windows notifications about product info and useful tips" option in preferences. Try turning it off to see if the CLToast is turned off:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83344.page#post_box_344145

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
optodata
[Post New]
Quote My guess would be that it is for the new "Receive Windows notifications about product info and useful tips" option in preferences. Try turning it off to see if the CLToast is turned off:

I've just done that and re-enabled Windows notifications from CLToast. I'll post back if the notifications return with the PD box unchecked.
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok. thanks! Good information Moderator.

I re-enabled the notifications too.

Still a bit puzzled WHY the link to the CLToast.exe program is included in the Windows Start Menu list.