Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Buffering on playing Youtube through PowerDVD 20
bill62 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2020 16:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just added PowerDVD 20 to my rebuilt PC. I notice that if you use Youtube through it the song oftern stops a quarter of a way in and a buffering message appears. Sometimes if you shut down PowerDVD or minimise its screen it freezes and you end up closing it through Windows when it asks if you want to wait or close program. Youtube is fine via its own web site and never buffers. Once you get the buffering message it never resumes playing. Not that big an issue but just wondered if its a known issue.
I am on a Windows 10 i7 system with 8GB ram and GT1050ti GPU.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
powerdvd 20 works fine on my playform.

No buffering even though I directly skipped big interval at the beginning when just started playing a video.
I also tried skip forward or backward multiple times by clicking any timecodes on the timeline.
(I'm not using a Google-fiber level connection, just home use bandwidth (60 Mbps plan)

I guess your buffering condition might be related to the network connection stability at the moment when using powerdvd to access the videos, or something like that at your location
Or, the loading of some videos on YouTube might not be as fast as other short clips.

However, to have the best loading performance, just play the video in the web browser.
It's the official way to play YouTube's videos and I'm afraid that no other client players can run at the same download and rendering speed versus the direct playback in a web browser, or YouTube official app.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2020 05:08

Elmer_Fudd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2017 19:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just added PowerDVD 20 to my rebuilt PC. I notice that if you use Youtube through it the song oftern stops a quarter of a way in and a buffering message appears. Sometimes if you shut down PowerDVD or minimise its screen it freezes and you end up closing it through Windows when it asks if you want to wait or close program. Youtube is fine via its own web site and never buffers. Once you get the buffering message it never resumes playing. Not that big an issue but just wondered if its a known issue.
I am on a Windows 10 i7 system with 8GB ram and GT1050ti GPU.

I have a similar issue. I have an extremely robust and stable home system and internet connection, but recently have acquired a powerdvd20/youtube buffering issue that makes playing youtube videos through powerdvd20 impossible. I like the powerdvd20 interface and would prefer to use it over any of my browsers. Please fix this. I don't believe the problem exists within my system but rather within youtube, windows, or powerdvd20. Long time powerdvd user. Please fix this. Thanks.
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]

I have a similar issue. I have an extremely robust and stable home system and internet connection, but recently have acquired a powerdvd20/youtube buffering issue that makes playing youtube videos through powerdvd20 impossible. I like the powerdvd20 interface and would prefer to use it over any of my browsers. Please fix this. I don't believe the problem exists within my system but rather within youtube, windows, or powerdvd20. Long time powerdvd user. Please fix this. Thanks.

Exactly the same problems on latest PDVD21 , reported several times already , NOTHING happens !
Seems the Company is totally ignoring this problem , for several weeks now ........

We are are very dissapointed in PDVD , its not cheap , so may we expect some more action , when things dont work as promised ??

PLEASE , FIX IT CyberLink...........!!
Elmer_Fudd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2017 19:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Exactly the same problems on latest PDVD21 , reported several times already , NOTHING happens !
Seems the Company is totally ignoring this problem , for several weeks now ........

We are are very dissapointed in PDVD , its not cheap , so may we expect some more action , when things dont work as promised ??

PLEASE , FIX IT CyberLink...........!!

I realize now I have PDVD21 and not 20.

Anyway, checked out Vimeo to see if I had any buffering issues there, and I did not. Just in Youtube.

I don't know why I prefer to watch Youtube videos in PDVD over my browsers, but I do.

Please fix it.

Does Cyberlink not check these forums? Should I register this issue somewhere else?
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]

I realize now I have PDVD21 and not 20.

Anyway, checked out Vimeo to see if I had any buffering issues there, and I did not. Just in Youtube.

I don't know why I prefer to watch Youtube videos in PDVD over my browsers, but I do.

Please fix it.

Does Cyberlink not check these forums? Should I register this issue somewhere else?

Well , you can , at least, report to CyberLink-support , they will investigate and will search for a solution !
I did , for previous versions already..........

The more people report the YouTube-problem to CyberLink-support , the sooner we will get a solution ( or an update for the program ) !