Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Audio for .mts files imported into PowerDirector 18
CLo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2020 22:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I've used PowerDirector 9 for many years with no issues in regards to importing and editing .mts files. I upgraded to PowerDirector 18 earlier this year and, in this version, if I attempt to import .mts files I get an error msg in regards to the audio, and can only edit the video of the .mts file. If I immediatly import those same .mts files into my old PowerDirector 9, there are no issues. I've used PowerDirector 18 quite extensively in the months that I've had it and haven't run into any other problems. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

I'm going to attach dxdiag info and a screenshot of the error msg.

The error msg reads: "An error occured while opening this media file. It may have unsupported or protected audio, or it could be for another reason. You may continue editing the video part of the file only."
[Thumb - PowerDirector error msg.jpg]
 Filename
PowerDirector error msg.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDirector error msg
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
40 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag.txt
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
182 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
I've used PowerDirector 9 for many years with no issues in regards to importing and editing .mts files. I upgraded to PowerDirector 18 earlier this year and, in this version, if I attempt to import .mts files I get an error msg in regards to the audio, and can only edit the video of the .mts file. If I immediatly import those same .mts files into my old PowerDirector 9, there are no issues. I've used PowerDirector 18 quite extensively in the months that I've had it and haven't run into any other problems. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

I'm going to attach dxdiag info and a screenshot of the error msg.

The error msg reads: "An error occured while opening this media file. It may have unsupported or protected audio, or it could be for another reason. You may continue editing the video part of the file only."

This link will be of interest to you: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=24372&prodId=4&prodVerId=1417&CategoryId=-1 Basically a new "feature" of PD18.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have to say that you have taken good care of this computer. Still have the original SSD and ATI graphics card with the original driver. You can still use the PD9 with hardware encoding of mpeg-2, wmv, and h.264 productions.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
SInce the issue is likely what Jeff suggested and your clips are encoded using Dolby Digital, you can do what tomasc suggested and stick with PD9; use a free 3rd party app like Handbrake, VirtualDub2 or VLC to convert the clips' audio to another format; or upgrade your PC to Win10 to add the necessary Dolby Digital functionality to PD18.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Hulk Prime [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2019 23:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey,

Not sure if you guys are still having issues, but I finally fixed mine using the help on this page (unfortunately the new Hotfix didn't help so had to find another way and found this)

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84986.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2021 02:59

Roopull [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 16, 2020 14:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey,

Not sure if you guys are still having issues, but I finally fixed mine using the help on this page (unfortunately the new Hotfix didn't help so had to find another way and found this)

You saved me!

I need to buy you a coffee or something!
Jimmywalter [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Vienna, Austria Joined: Sep 26, 2011 01:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
When I click on the link it tells me: "Oooops. You don't have sufficient privileges to access this message"

I searched about that message and someone said it means that the post has been deleted:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43437.page

What can I do?

Quote Hey,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2021 04:36

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I click on the link it tells me: "Oooops. You don't have sufficient privileges to access this message"

I searched about that message and someone said it means that the post has been deleted:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43437.page

What can I do?

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84991.page

Jeff
Jimmywalter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Jeff,
Thank you for trying, but that hotfix did not cure my problem
I am using windows 7 ultimate and pd20

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Dear Jeff,
Thank you for trying, but that hotfix did not cure my problem
I am using windows 7 ultimate and pd20

Yep, you posted in a PowerDirector (previous version) so I had no idea you are using PD20.

For you, this note by CL spec page for PD20 applies:
** Importing/Exporting video with Dolby Digital audio is only supported on Windows 8/10 with Windows inbox codec.

Jeff
Jimmywalter [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have pd19 as well, where it also does not work.
I'll go back to an earlier version

Yep, you posted in a PowerDirector (previous version) so I had no idea you are using PD20.

For you, this note by CL spec page for PD20 applies:
** Importing/Exporting video with Dolby Digital audio is only supported on Windows 8/10 with Windows inbox codec.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have pd19 as well, where it also does not work.
I'll go back to an earlier version

Yep, current versions of 18, 19, and 20 all use OS technology to support Dolby audio, so all these products need Windows 8/10 for this to work.

With your WIN7, one would need to convert source mts files with like Handbrake or similar to change audio codec away from DD for PD to import.

Jeff