Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't delete motion tracking objects?
MacNausMusic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2019 16:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've been working with Powerdirector for some time and used motion tracking a lot. Recently I've been tracking a few text objects on a video and clicked on 'OK'. Later I decided that I wanted to change the objects. So I tried to go back into motion tracking of that same clip and I couldn't see the motion trackers anymore. Furthermore, an extra track (with the motion tracking objects) hasn't been made. Even when I mute all the existing tracks on the timeline, the objects from the motion tracker still appear! One of these objects is even linked to the music track. When I moved the entire video, the objects were still visible, even though there is not a single clip present.

I really have no idea how to change this, as I can't find this anywhere. Am I missing something here or do I need to start over?

I'm using Powerdirector Ultimate 16.0.3424.0 on a MSI GP60 2QE laptop

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2020 05:58

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are several detailed discussions on this topic already on the forum. This one (and the one linked to by PDM early on) should address most of the issues you're facing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
A user with a related problem with precuts has solved the mystery! See here for the full details on deleting the motion tracking database.