Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstock Downloads Include Watermark
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Multiple viewers of my latest YouTube video on the PowerDirector 365 Updates are complaining about a Shutterstock watermark being on all of the videos and images that they download using PDR 365.

I have been unabe to duplicate the error. Every video and image that I download has no watermark. Does anyone on the forum know if CyberLink is aware of this? Has anyone else experienced this and been able to solve the issue? Thank you for your assistance.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 06. 2020 07:28

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Ask them which specific clips they've downloaded. Maybe there are some clips that didn't get cleaned up before they were made available.

If you can download the same clip without a watermark, then it's clearly something about the licensing of the other users' computers and only CL can fix that.

I had one other thought; are they downloading the clips from the PD tool, or are they dowloading directly from the preview webpage that opens if you click on the blue Play symbol on the thumbnail? Make sure they know to click the checkbox at the upper right and use the tool's Download button:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ask them which specific clips they've downloaded. Maybe there are some clips that didn't get cleaned up before they were made available.

If you can download the same clip without a watermark, then it's clearly something about the licensing of the other users' computers and only CL can fix that.

I had one other thought; are they downloading the clips from the PD tool, or are they dowloading directly from the preview webpage that opens if you click on the blue Play symbol on the thumbnail? Make sure they know to click the checkbox at the upper right and use the tool's Download button:

Great points as always sir. laughing I'll follow up with them and report the findings back here.

On a side note. How were you able to get the image included in your post? I'd like to do that as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2020 12:11

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I learned how from some longtime veterans here when I first started posting

All you need to do is save the image to Imgur, then copy the BBCode and paste it in the forum text box:

You can then click on the image in the text box and drag to resize it to match the rest of the post.

You can also copy the Direct Link from Imgur and paste it in the forum's Insert/Edit Image tool, where you can type in one dimension and let the forum rescale the image for you:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2020 13:13

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote On a side note. How were you able to get the image included in your post? I'd like to do that as well.

Kind of comes with a significant downside for the forums longevity, I've read too many posts that the user removed the source and so the pic is no longer viewable in the post, totally defeats the purpose. Some users attach and embed which is thoughtful. Bottom line, it's really too bad CL does not provide a much better forum with stable interface and up/downloads.

Jeff
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I learned how from some longtime veterans here when I first started posting

All you need to do is save the image to Imgur, then copy the BBCode and paste it in the forum text box:

You can also copy the Direct Link from Imgur and paste it in the forum's Insert/Edit Image tool, where you can type in one dimension and let the forum rescale the image for you:

Awesome. Both options worked flawlessly. Thanks.

Still waiting for the YouTube viewers reply.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2020 07:32

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]

Kind of comes with a significant downside for the forums longevity, I've read too many posts that the user removed the source and so the pic is no longer viewable in the post, totally defeats the purpose. Some users attach and embed which is thoughtful. Bottom line, it's really too bad CL does not provide a much better forum with stable interface and up/downloads.

Jeff

Couldn't agree more Jeff. Several of the forum's functions are in desperate need of an update. While the antiquated forum tarnishes CyberLink's brand a bit, I doubt that CyberLink will spend money on improving it since the forum generates zero revenue.

frown Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote While the antiquated forum tarnishes CyberLink's brand a bit, I doubt that CyberLink will spend money on improving it since the forum generates zero revenue.

Kind of a naive view, there have been many posts on here thanking forum members for solving a user issue that CL support did not resolve and others claiming the only reason they bought the software was forum help. Also, those that shied away because of forum threads they have read. Additionally, there are a host of questions from trial users. Any rational individual prior to a purchase would check out any forum for the software as well as the trial.

But yes, no hard revenue stream from the forum itself for CL, except perhaps for those that like to grab attention for their revenue outlets, but I'd guess the forum does affect sales of CL products to some degree although hard to quantify.

Jeff
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]

Any rational individual prior to a purchase would check out any forum for the software as well as the trial.

Jeff

I think there are people on both sides of the spectrum. There are those who do an abundance of research and those who simply click buy. I have communicated with many users (I'm sure you have as well) who did little to no research before buying the program. Ranging from those who did not check their system specs vs the system requirements of the program to those who have no idea what the different versions of the program offer (ultimate vs ultra vs 365).

But yes, no hard revenue stream from the forum itself for CL, except perhaps for those that like to grab attention for their revenue outlets, but I'd guess the forum does affect sales of CL products to some degree although hard to quantify.

Jeff

Unfortunately it wouldn't be the first time a company took a naive stance based on revenue generation. laughing

IMHO the forum is the best resource for support. It's the people that make the forum so great. As long as we are here helping people for free CyberLink doesn't have much motivation to improve the forum. It would be nice to see how many sales are generated based on the support that the forum provides. That data could possibly motivate CyberLink to provide a more intutive and modernized forum.

Great conversation Jeff. laughing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2020 10:34