Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can't remove empty tracks - seems to be no reason why.
danmcb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 24, 2019 11:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
screen shot attached of my timeline. I fifnished a bunch of editing, I have only two tracks I need - one audio and one video. But there are two empty tracks that simply do not get removed when I do "delete empty trakcs"). But they ARE empty?

(WHY oh why is there not a simple "delete track" option which just asks me to confirm if there is content on the track? CyberLink - why do you have to make the easy stuff difficult?)

And as you can see I am stuck with a Voice Track, title Track and Effects Track which I have no use for, but I can't remove them - god only knows why ... see my feature request in a separate thread. I have more useless tracks I don't even want than ones I do want!

ANYWAY - why can't I delete empty tracks?
[Thumb - pd.jpg]
 Filename
pd.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
131 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote screen shot attached of my timeline. I fifnished a bunch of editing, I have only two tracks I need - one audio and one video. But there are two empty tracks that simply do not get removed when I do "delete empty trakcs"). But they ARE empty?

(WHY oh why is there not a simple "delete track" option which just asks me to confirm if there is content on the track? CyberLink - why do you have to make the easy stuff difficult?)

And as you can see I am stuck with a Voice Track, title Track and Effects Track which I have no use for, but I can't remove them - god only knows why ... see my feature request in a separate thread. I have more useless tracks I don't even want than ones I do want!

ANYWAY - why can't I delete empty tracks?

I think that this is a weak area of the PD software. The user should be able to select which tracks he or she needs at the start of each project, and add to them if necessary. I don't know why Cyberlink has not addressed this issue.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can easily move the track 3 content up to track 1 by right-clicking in the left-most track area and choosing Move Track Content to.. At that point you can remove track 3 but PD always requires tracks 1&2 along with FX, Mic, Title and Music.

If you'd like to have the option to remove all tracks that you aren't using, let CL know via Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu. They would then also have to allow you to add those tracks again the same way you currently can add more audio, video and FX tracks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21. 2020 13:11

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
danmcb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 24, 2019 11:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
OK! the reason was quite simple. Thank you for the explanation. Indeed i will provide my feature requests via the progream. Thanks again.