Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blue screen error message when using PD 365
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sure this has happened after my Win 10 pc downloaded updates as everything worked wellish before the updates!

The first Blue screen of death was a "Kernel_Mode_Heap_corruption" checking this one out, the suggestions were to update the GFX drivers but they're the latest Nvidia drivers already installed and all up to date!

The latest blue screen " nvlddmkm.sys" + "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", I suppose this si still relating to my Nvidia GFX card.

Could anyone please tell me if my best way forward would be to delete the Nvidia GFX drivers and reinstall a new set?

Cheers
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Dx file
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
189 time(s)
I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Your nVidia driver is about 9 months out of date, and you should download the latest driver for the UK from here.

Your latest Blue Screen crash was definitely caused by the nVidia driver, and you should follow steps 2 - 6 in this post to do a clean install and hopefully clear up the problem.

The other thing that concerns me is that thee are 2 failures of "MemDiagV1" listed at the end of the DxDiag results, which implies that a memory (RAM) diagnostic was being run and it failed. If there are actually serious problems with your RAM, that would be grounds to get your system repaired or replaced ASAP.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote Your nVidia driver is about 9 months out of date, and you should download the latest driver for the UK from here.

Your latest Blue Screen crash was definitely caused by the nVidia driver, and you should follow steps 2 - 6 in this post to do a clean install and hopefully clear up the problem.

The other thing that concerns me is that thee are 2 failures of "MemDiagV1" listed at the end of the DxDiag results, which implies that a memory (RAM) diagnostic was being run and it failed. If there are actually serious problems with your RAM, that would be grounds to get your system repaired or replaced ASAP.

Hi optodata, how are you doing?

Many thanks for your reply. I've updated the old nVidia driver following your suggestions. It's strange that Win10 insisted that the old driver was uptodate and OK!
No crashes so far
I'm concerned about your comments over RAM. The thing is I was in the process of buying a new PC, but the model I was after sold out seconds before I pressed the "BUY" button. Then this daft virus put paid to me earning any cash for a few months! But in away I'm pleased I didn't spend nearly £1k as it's going to be many more months before I can start to earn again. At least the weather has been nice over here.

P.S. sooorry for the late reply as I never received any notification of your reply

Take care . I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Kyle 40 I'm glad that your system seems more stable. No need to worry about the RAM diagnostics crashes at this point, I only mentioned them in case that rang a bell for you.

I guess just sit back, stick with your current system and enjoy the May weather. I'm doing fine over here, as are my friends and extended family so far. Best wishes to stay healhy to you and yours

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote Kyle 40 I'm glad that your system seems more stable. No need to worry about the RAM diagnostics crashes at this point, I only mentioned them in case that rang a bell for you.

I guess just sit back, stick with your current system and enjoy the May weather. I'm doing fine over here, as are my friends and extended family so far. Best wishes to stay healhy to you and yours

That's good to hear, thanks again cool I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.