Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
nvlddmkm.sys "page fault in nonpaged area" Repeated Random Crashes
CaptainKokomo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2020 22:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am currently editing videos for a youtube channel and am having trouble with repeated crashes.

I get the BSOD and the nvlddmkm.sys "page fault in nonpaged area" error.

I have recently updated all drivers and updated windows with the latest patches and everything.

This issue only occurs when PD 17 is open.
It does not happen at specific times or when I do certain things. It is completely random. Even happened half way through saving a project.

I have attached a DXDIAG.

This is a month old computer with a 2060 gfx card and I have not got anything overclocked.
I don't do anything with regards to changing settings or anything without asking my IT friends if what I want to do is safe.

If anyone needs any more information please let me know and I will provide it soon as I am able.

Thank you in advance
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
190 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry you're having such serious trouble, and thanks very much for the background and the DxDiag results.

Your nVidia driver is fairly recent, but there is a newer version and since the BSOD crashes are clearly caused by the nVidia driver, please follow these steps:

1. Download the latest Studio Driver from here

2. Run the installer, and choose to install only the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (not the driver and GeForce Experience)

3. Choose Custom (Advanced)

4. Uncheck all driver component boxes except for Graphics Driver, then check the Perform a clean installation option to have the installer remove all currently installed drivers before installing the new version

5. Reboot when prompted

6. Launch PD and click Yes when asked if you'd like to optimize the GPU's hardware acceleration

7. Click on PowerDirector at the top right of the window and update if you're not at version 3005. You can get the latest patch here

Let us know how things go after you've gotten everything updated.
CaptainKokomo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2020 22:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry you're having such serious trouble, and thanks very much for the background and the DxDiag results.

Your nVidia driver is fairly recent, but there is a newer version and since the BSOD crashes are clearly caused by the nVidia driver, please follow these steps:

1. Download the latest Studio Driver from here

2. Run the installer, and choose to install only the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (not the driver and GeForce Experience)

3. Choose Custom (Advanced)

4. Uncheck all driver component boxes except for Graphics Driver, then check the Perform a clean installation option to have the installer remove all currently installed drivers before installing the new version

5. Reboot when prompted

6. Launch PD and click Yes when asked if you'd like to optimize the GPU's hardware acceleration

7. Click on PowerDirector at the top right of the window and update if you're not at version 3005. You can get the latest patch here

Let us know how things go after you've gotten everything updated.

I have updated to PD 365 and updated the video drivers like you suggested.

Seems to be good for now. PD still freezes and crashes when I'm streaming in discord while editing. Which is still much better than a full system crash. I understand editing and streaming would stretch the PC's limits. So this is probably best result I can get for now.

Thanks for the help, if you have any suggestions about the crashes it would be great but I'm happy for now.

Jon
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad to haar that my suggestions helped! There are a couple things you can do to reduce the resources PD needs while you're also trying to do other tasks.

The first is to make sure you've got the preview quality set a notch or 2 down from the top. I always use HD Preview Resolution.

The other thing you can try is to turn on shadow files and let PD create lower resolution copies for you to work with while editing. That frees up lots of CPU resources, although it will take minutes to hours to generate the shadow files depending on the duration, resolutions and quantity of the source clips in that project. When you produce, PD will use the original clips so you'll always get full quality outputs.