Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Overlay PiP Objects - Paint Animations
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I have just installed Power Director 18 on a new PC, the old PC has not been decomissioned yet. I was comparing the installations and trying to replicate the old installation on the new machine. I have kept copies of many of the original program downloads going back to PD16 and misc earlier PD downloads, and have copied across and installed a couple of special packs that have appeared in earlier individual releases.

I have two Questions:

1. Where on the old machine can I find the custom titles I have created over time and can I move them to the new machine ?

2. The Paint Animations are not present in the new installation of PD18 but are in PD18 on the old machine. Can I locate them in the old machine and move to the new machine. Or are they available online somewhere ?
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have just installed Power Director 18 on a new PC, the old PC has not been decomissioned yet. I was comparing the installations and trying to replicate the old installation on the new machine. I have kept copies of many of the original program downloads going back to PD16 and misc earlier PD downloads, and have copied across and installed a couple of special packs that have appeared in earlier individual releases.

I have two Questions:

1. Where on the old machine can I find the custom titles I have created over time and can I move them to the new machine ?

2. The Paint Animations are not present in the new installation of PD18 but are in PD18 on the old machine. Can I locate them in the old machine and move to the new machine. Or are they available online somewhere ?

Personal material you have created may be copied to the folder of the same name, note that you may overwrite a file of the same name.
C: \ Users \ "pc name" \ Documents \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector \ 18.0
"\ 18.0" software version
But specifically your drawings are here
in the \ MyStrokes folder XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for this response, I have found my titles.

The other question is harder in my new installation in the "Video Overlay (PiP Objects) Room (F5) - I am missing "Paint Animations". they were there in version 17 and 18 on my old PC, but I am not sure if they were an add on or part of the program. Is it possible to locate them on the old PC and move them accross and reinstall ? or is there another way to locate them ?
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Paint animations, custom is shown in the menu (F5) Custom
I have nothing created, only the one installed by PD18 / 365 see video

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for this but if you look at the attached jpg you will see that I do not have the menu item "Paint Animations" which is what I am looking for.

Cheers
[Thumb - Cap2.jpg]
 Filename
Cap2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
What's your project aspect ratio set to? If it's 1:1 for example, no 16:9 or 4:3 content will appear in the PiP Objects room.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2020 21:58

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for this but if you look at the attached jpg you will see that I do not have the menu item "Paint Animations" which is what I am looking for.

It does look like that one of the content premium pack was not installed. Unable to locate the one with the PiP objects grouped as Paint Animations. No other user has been able to determine which of the pack has that grouping it seems.

It is best that you contact Cyberlink support and reference this post. They should be able to help and provide the correct information and which pack that is missing in your installation. After you get the info then you can post the answer here as there may be another user missing them too.
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
The magical content packs yes but which one. I have sought an answer from the customer support. The aspect ratio is 16x9 and if it exists it should be there. All the other menu items seem to be complete but it is obviously hard to tell given the large number of options.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The magical content packs yes but which one. I have sought an answer from the customer support. The aspect ratio is 16x9 and if it exists it should be there. All the other menu items seem to be complete but it is obviously hard to tell given the large number of options.

Was your PD18 install by chance a perpetual version? If so, I think that may explain the missing "Paint Animation".

Jeff

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 26. 2020 22:11

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Paint Animations Bubbles Frame, Christmas Light, Cloud Frame, Coffee Frame, Diamonds are missing from your All Content screenshot. They are not available in the DZ. Can't locate them on the hard drive with those names in a search.

It is possible that you have a later version of 365 that Cyberlink decide to do away with them. Older templates have been removed from older versions of PD. I have templates in my older version of PD that don't exist in the newer versions. I have seen reviews of software where the author calls the template dated, meaning that they appear too old and should be removed in favor of newly created fresh ones. This may have happened and could be the reason that the particular support person did not know the right answer.

Jeff answered first. It may not be in the perpetual version.
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The Paint Animations Bubbles Frame, Christmas Light, Cloud Frame, Coffee Frame, Diamonds are missing from your All Content screenshot. They are not available in the DZ. Can't locate them on the hard drive with those names in a search.

It is possible that you have a later version of 365 that Cyberlink decide to do away with them. Older templates have been removed from older versions of PD. I have templates in my older version of PD that don't exist in the newer versions. I have seen reviews of software where the author calls the template dated, meaning that they appear too old and should be removed in favor of newly created fresh ones. This may have happened and could be the reason that the particular support person did not know the right answer.

Jeff answered first. It may not be in the perpetual version.

I've always used the perpetual version. On the old PC I initially purchased PD16, then upgraded to PD17 and then upgraded to PD18. When I purchased a new PC I struggled to install the version of PD18 I had the files for and went to Cyberlink support who supplied a set of download links and new license keys that allowed me to install the software. But it's missing the "Video Overlay PiP Objects - Paint Animations". Hence one of my first questions about where I could find them. I have had a call in with support but they have been very slow in responding with any information.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PD18 perpetual does not have any paint animations as part of the install. You may have had some as shown in the attached PD_PaintAnimation.png picture in previous versions. Those are available from DirectorZone. Being the perpetual version of PD18, you are not privileged to the ones tomasc has shown, those appear to be subscription exclusive again.

The PD18 perpetual "Paint Animations" tag will populate when you download a CL paint animation from DirectorZone, in this case I downloaded the old "Birds on a Wire" animation as shown in PD18_PaintAnimation2.png. When downloading, pay attention to aspect ratio.

Prior to any CL paint animation downloads, the tag will be absent as shown in PD18_PaintAnimation.png.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD18_PaintAnimation.png]
 Filename
PD18_PaintAnimation.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
414 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - PD_PaintAnimation.PNG]
 Filename
PD_PaintAnimation.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
124 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - PD18_PaintAnimation2.png]
 Filename
PD18_PaintAnimation2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
253 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2020 08:44

prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you JL_JL however it does seem a little sucky that earlier versions of the program have content not available in later versions, possibly it's because it was an upgrade version and the program/company assume that the previous content will be available on the machine. Which doesn't seem correct being as you have to install a whole sequence of content packs every time you do an upgrade/install. Still it is what it is and it obviously doesn't exist in a simple installable format.