Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 - YouTube upload problem
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello all,

When I try to load a video up to YouTube I get two 'script errors' with a Yes or No to continue, by clicking either one I get the usual Deny or Blue Allow buttons but both now 'greyed' out.

Anyone suffering this? or found a solution

Cheers
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't seen this, but YouTube changes its upload API continually, so would not be surprising that the direct upload from an older version is not working correctly.

Suggest that you produce your project as a file and then upload it manually in your browser.

Ash
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I haven't seen this, but YouTube changes its upload API continually, so would not be surprising that the direct upload from an older version is not working correctly.

Suggest that you produce your project as a file and then upload it manually in your browser.

Ash

Hello Ash,

You're right I've tried from both ends to do something about and failed, your's is the only solution thanks

Cheers - J
JMar0407 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2019 08:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
That solution is no good. It works but is an exra step we should not have to do. Hopefully Cyberlink creates a patch that fixes issue. They havent updated sine 2017.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That solution is no good. It works but is an exra step we should not have to do. Hopefully Cyberlink creates a patch that fixes issue. They havent updated sine 2017.

PowerDirector versions are typically only supported with updates for about 2 years, so anything older than PD16 will not be receiving any more patches. You will need to buy a new version (PD18) or subscribe (PD365) to get product updates.
Gweilo60 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2019 01:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello all,

When I try to load a video up to YouTube I get two 'script errors' with a Yes or No to continue, by clicking either one I get the usual Deny or Blue Allow buttons but both now 'greyed' out.

Anyone suffering this? or found a solution
and just won't upload. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Cheers

I'm running PD15 and when I try to upload she sits at 0%
JMar0407 [Avatar]
[Post New]

PowerDirector versions are typically only supported with updates for about 2 years, so anything older than PD16 will not be receiving any more patches. You will need to buy a new version (PD18) or subscribe (PD365) to get product updates.

Sounds like what Apple got in trouble for this past year. I understand not uploading new content for download but not creating patches so it will function properly is ridiculous don't you think? I have to subscribe monthly or pay hundreds for a new program after 2 years? Looking for another video editing program with better service. Customer support should have said that to me instead of making me waste days of back and forth with downloading reports and sending screen shots....

Thanks for your response though.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As was mentioned earlier in this thread, PD14 hasn't stopped working and you can simply produce your videos and manually upload them to YT (or any other online service).

It's true that that's an extra step, but you actually have much greater control over the producing options, and you aren't limited to the small subset of six choices the Online tab provides. Plus, by manually uploading your content, you aren't at the mercy of either Cyberlink or YT, Facebook, Vimeo, etc. if and when they change their uploading requirements again.

In short, I don't see any reason to pay for a new version if you're otherwise happy with PD14- but obviously it's your choice if you'd like to switch to another editor.
JMar0407 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote As was mentioned earlier in this thread, PD14 hasn't stopped working and you can simply produce your videos and manually upload them to YT (or any other online service).

It's true that that's an extra step, but you actually have much greater control over the producing options, and you aren't limited to the small subset of six choices the Online tab provides. Plus, by manually uploading your content, you aren't at the mercy of either Cyberlink or YT, Facebook, Vimeo, etc. if and when they change their uploading requirements again.

In short, I don't see any reason to pay for a new version if you're otherwise happy with PD14- but obviously it's your choice if you'd like to switch to another editor.

Thank you for your response. I would hate needing to learn a new program as I'm self taught. I'll try doing the way you suggested to see how it comes out. Any suggestions on best option for uploading to my computer for best quality for upload to YouTube?
Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This tutorial may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cT-UCFWOQc .
dfault22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2017 19:03 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have had the same issues with PD15 over the past week. I got the same messages as the original poster, but tried to overcome the issue by logging out of my Google account. However, after getting the Script error messages, I then got the following after clicking ok:

'Couldn't sign you in

This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more

Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser,
you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in.'

,,,which gets me nowhere.

Is upgrading to PD16 or other the best option? I tried uploading one of the videos I saved on to PD15 but couldn't upload, but it's only showing my uploaded cases on to YouTube, not the one outstanding.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
AshWilliams solution here on the 2nd thread works. If you cannot upload a video from your hard drive to YouTube directly with a browser then it has nothing to do with PowerDirector. The wrong file format may have been produced. You may want to view a tutorial on uploading to YouTube. Upgrading to any software is unlikely to help.
dfault22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi. I've checked the formats of the videos that previously uploaded, and nothing appears to have changed.

I've opted to get PD17 to see if this will do the trick, r.e the script error. Hoping it will arrive tomorrow.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Every version of PD will eventually fail to upload to YouTube because YT changes the upload api to keep up with security and unless Cyberlink continues to issue patches it will fail. Why is this so difficult to understand?
You have much more control over the process if you avoid the in-house uploader and WMV. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The answer is here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81022.page#333255 . You won't be able to upload to YouTube from PD17 or any version of PD automatically. Do it manually as suggested by AshWilliams.
dfault22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I am doing this as suggested in the tutorial. However it will not allow me in PD to convert files, so they stay as .pds as default, which YouTube will not permit me uploading.

I'm clearly doing something basic wrong, or am I?
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Thank you. I am doing this as suggested in the tutorial. However it will not allow me in PD to convert files, so they stay as .pds as default, which YouTube will not permit me uploading.

I'm clearly doing something basic wrong, or am I?

You have to produce the project in PD, you can't upload the PDS file.

The only difference between what the tutorial and everyone who's posted here is and what you previously did is that you'll now just need to produce to H.264 MP4 (or a similar format), rather than using the Online list. Once the video is produced, click on the YT upload link and fill out the details:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
dfault22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It was last night (in the UK), so can't remember the exact details. However I wasn't attempting to upload the video through the Online portal (namely because I can't, due to the Script error). I created the video under the H.264 M4 format which was what the tutorial instructed. However when I try and go to YouTube and manually upload, I get the error message saying it doesn't support the format (.pds).
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It was last night (in the UK), so can't remember the exact details. However I wasn't attempting to upload the video through the Online portal (namely because I can't, due to the Script error). I created the video under the H.264 M4 format which was what the tutorial instructed. However when I try and go to YouTube and manually upload, I get the error message saying it doesn't support the format (.pds).

As Optodata said, you can't upload .pds files, because it is not a video file format. It is a video project file format that is exclusive to Powerdirector. You need to produce the video in the Produce window in an H.264 MP4 (or other, but this is most common) and then find where the produced file is on your computer, and then upload that file to YouTube. The MP4 video file!

Ash

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2019 02:20

dfault22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Right, the main obstacle appears to have been overcome, and I have now been able to upload on to YouTube (the rendered items from PD were going in to a Cyberlink subfolder). The trouble now is getting the videos to upload in the correct format, notably the frame rate. I have tried both the recommended settings on the guide above and YouTube's own, plus the settings on my camera. However the frame rate still seems marginally out (i.e. a touch too slow). Is it just a case of trial and error?