Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You tube
DocJass [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2015 22:15 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
All of a sudden, can't upload to U tube. Help!
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Nothing we can do to help, i.e. fix this. This means that YouTube changed its API mechanism again, so the direct upload won't work until a patch update or beta patch.

As in this thread, just upload video manually. That will never change and you have more options and controls.

Ash
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I just uploaded to YouTube using a browser. There has been a change at YouTube and the api has changed. I had to fill out a form with questions on whether the video was meant for kids and the appropriate age, etc. for each video so I doubt that one could upload to YT from PD without filling out the required form created from the settlement with the FTC which also cost them 170 million over child privacy.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote All of a sudden, can't upload to U tube. Help!

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
[Post New]
I heard this from other YouTubers.

It's due to the "MFK" (made for kids) issue, part of the U.S. Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA)
You MUS go to YouTube (PC version) web page or YouTube Studio mobile app to answer is your uploaded video made for kids or not.
Guess what, so far even YouTube mobile app cannot set it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2019 01:41

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365