Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fast Video Rendering - harware acceleration not available
Elguapo9916 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, So I own PowerDirector14 and this is the 2nd or third version of Cyberlink PowerDirector that I have own that has given me this issue. I feel like for the first year or so everything works great with powerdirector letting me use my graphics card to speed up the rendering. But after that period it no longer lets me use that Fast Video Rendering option. At first I thought it was because I had an old graphics card but I now have a gtx1070 and it still isn't letting me do it. I am not frustrated that I don't have the latest and greatest features, more-so that I don't have the features that I originally paid for. I am not a hardcore video editor, I mostly just use it to edit family videos and I like being able to do them quickly. Is the only solution really to keep buying the latest product every few years? I don't use it enough to justify the subscription service.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ok, So I own PowerDirector14 and this is the 2nd or third version of Cyberlink PowerDirector that I have own that has given me this issue. I feel like for the first year or so everything works great with powerdirector letting me use my graphics card to speed up the rendering. But after that period it no longer lets me use that Fast Video Rendering option. At first I thought it was because I had an old graphics card but I now have a gtx1070 and it still isn't letting me do it. I am not frustrated that I don't have the latest and greatest features, more-so that I don't have the features that I originally paid for. I am not a hardcore video editor, I mostly just use it to edit family videos and I like being able to do them quickly. Is the only solution really to keep buying the latest product every few years? I don't use it enough to justify the subscription service.

There was no need to upgrade your old video card assuming that it was a nvidia to the gtx 1070 if you did not want it for gaming. If you did not update the nvidia graphics card driver then all would have been fine. You could re-install the previous driver that worked. See this post for some details: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80541.page .
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It actually sounds to me more like PD crashed once when producing and disabled that output profile. This post has more info, including how and where to edit the registry.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Elguapo9916 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It actually sounds to me more like PD crashed once when producing and disabled that output profile. This post has more info, including how and where to edit the registry.

No, lol, I have dealt with the PD crash error in the past and I have been able to resolve it.
Elguapo9916 [Avatar]
[Post New]

There was no need to upgrade your old video card assuming that it was a nvidia to the gtx 1070 if you did not want it for gaming. If you did not update the nvidia graphics card driver then all would have been fine. You could re-install the previous driver that worked. See this post for some details: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80541.page .

I didn't buy the new card to resolve the issue, that was for gaming. =) Although, in the past I had a gtx450 and I was told in the forums that was my issue and I upgraded to the 950. Still though, seems frustrating that one feature won't work with newer drivers. Especially when I feel they advertise that ability to use hardwarre acceleration as being a big selling point to their product. From what I read is that you have to go back to version 411.7 and they are up to 436.48. The oldest driver on their website is 425.31.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
here's a link to GeForce 411.70 WHQL driver download at the Guru of 3D.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1