Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Calendar view greyed out since PD11 upgrade
NoudvR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2019 13:17 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
After the upgrade to PD11 and a Windows 10 update more or less at the same date all my Calendar view dates are missing.
All project folders and all photo's (> 80.000) are present.
After new imports the latest date sometimes appears in the Calendar view and quickly afterwards disappears, leaving the Calendar view greyed out (see attachement).

Is there a possibility to rebuild the Calender view or is there an alternative solution?
Many thanks for your help.

I have a Director suite 365 subsciption plan.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Gigabyte MB X299UD4PRO
BIOS F7a, date 3 Oct 2019
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9820X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs)
NVIDIA Quadro P4000
(for more information: see attached DXDIAG.TXT)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
102 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
325 time(s)
[Thumb - Greyed out Calendar view in PD11.PNG]
 Filename
Greyed out Calendar view in PD11.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The Calendar View list is populated on my system. I think you might want to see if you have a backup copy of the main .PHD database file. See this post and the file location details here for more info.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
NoudvR [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The Calendar View list is populated on my system. I think you might want to see if you have a backup copy of the main .PHD database file. See this post and the file location details here for more info.

Thanks, optodata.
I followed your instructions (glad to have several backup versions : ).
Unfortunately it did not work; not with a recent backup and not with a backup from May (which was converted to PD11 automatically).

I made a new project with some photo's and it worked fine, so I expect no software issue.
It must be a 'corrupt' phd-file, so how do I trigger PD11 to rebuild the date structure for the calendar view?
I have removed all cache folders, hoping it would rebuild and it did, but not the calendar view.
In what file/folder is the calendar view stored?

You help is much appreciated.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
When I launch PhD and look for all the changed files, there are only a couple of .ini and subscription-related files that are updated, along with the .PHD file. However, I don't see any "history log" type of file. To my knowledge, all of that data is stored inside the main .PHD file, which is XML-based.

Since the calendar view is built up from when the specific interactions occurred, there may be no way to "rebuild" the missing history if you're not seeing it at all in the backup PHD files.

You may want to contact customer service for help to see if there might be a way to recover that information. It does sound like all new work is being logged, but that doesn't help you get back the missing records.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

NoudvR [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote When I launch PhD and look for all the changed files, there are only a couple of .ini and subscription-related files that are updated, along with the .PHD file. However, I don't see any "history log" type of file. To my knowledge, all of that data is stored inside the main .PHD file, which is XML-based.

Since the calendar view is built up from when the specific interactions occurred, there may be no way to "rebuild" the missing history if you're not seeing it at all in the backup PHD files.

You may want to contact customer service for help to see if there might be a way to recover that information. It does sound like all new work is being logged, but that doesn't help you get back the missing records.

Am I afraid that you are right. Yesterdays experiments made me come to the same conclusion.
If I hear something from CL, I will get back to the forum.
For now, great to have had immediate feedback from you!

Addition:
I did some more testing and now I can reproduce what has happened / (maybe) understand what the problem is.
In de past I cleaned up my SSD in order to get rid of double files, including photo's which were imported twice.
I did a test with PD10 if I could remove files outside PD10 without any problems.
PD10 detected the deleted files, asked me to remove them from the library and everything kept working, including the calendar view.
I just did the same test with PD11 and even if I only remove 1 photo outside PD11, the calendar view is gone.
Synchronising the folder did not resolve the issue.
No solution yet, but maybe anyone can help me find a solution now that the problem has been narrowed down?!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 13. 2019 10:43

NoudvR [Avatar]
[Post New]

Am I afraid that you are right. Yesterdays experiments made me come to the same conclusion.
If I hear something from CL, I will get back to the forum.
For now, great to have had immediate feedback from you!

Addition:
I did some more testing and now I can reproduce what has happened / (maybe) understand what the problem is.
In de past I cleaned up my SSD in order to get rid of double files, including photo's which were imported twice.
I did a test with PD10 if I could remove files outside PD10 without any problems.
PD10 detected the deleted files, asked me to remove them from the library and everything kept working, including the calendar view.
I just did the same test with PD11 and even if I only remove 1 photo outside PD11, the calendar view is gone.
Synchronising the folder did not resolve the issue.
No solution yet, but maybe anyone can help me find a solution now that the problem has been narrowed down?!

Micracles do happen. After exporting 180 selected photo's I suddenly had my calendar view back!
This even happened before installing the updated version I received afterwards.
After installing the new version everything is still working fine.

Thanks again for all the help optodata.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Micracles do happen. After exporting 180 selected photo's I suddenly had my calendar view back!

Thanks for posting this! I'm very glad to hear that the calender items "miraculously" re-appeared.

I wish I knew what caused them to disappear in the first place, but this isn't the first time that performing a seemingly-unrelated function has cured a vexxing problem with Cyberlink software.

A long-time issue with audio waveforms not appearing on the timeline in PowerDirector was solved by emptying the media library, so it's possible that exporting a bunch of photos managed to regenerate/recover the missing calendar items here in PhD...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2019 14:03

YouTube/optodata

NoudvR [Avatar]
[Post New]

Micracles do happen. After exporting 180 selected photo's I suddenly had my calendar view back!

Thanks again for all the help optodata.

And miracles disappear
After starting up PD11 today, I had the same problem of having no calendar view again.
I will report back when CL has offered a final solution.
NoudvR [Avatar]
[Post New]

And miracles disappear
After starting up PD11 today, I had the same problem of having no calendar view again.
I will report back when CL has offered a final solution.

Cyberlink support was very supportive and have been able to reproduce this issue in their lab.
It has been escaleted for further investigation.
I will report back when there is a solution.
NoudvR [Avatar]
[Post New]

Cyberlink support was very supportive and have been able to reproduce this issue in their lab.
It has been escaleted for further investigation.
I will report back when there is a solution.

I am happy to announce that the new update, 11.0.2307.0, fixed the issue! Starting, closing and starting again of PD kept the calendar view in full glory. Thanks CL!