Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost edits in PhotoDirector 10
RogerG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2019 12:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yesterday I edited for several hours. Today NONE of the edits from yesterday are loaded when I open PowerDirector. The .phd file is there, but none of the edits were saved.

I am brand new to this program. I don't see any menu item for saving my changes, so I assumed that the edits were being stored "real time".

I wonder if anyone knows a way to locate a backup of the .phd file? Also, I tried to see if there was a setting for backup of the .phd file, but could not find anything.

I am running Version 10.6.3010.0, Version Type 365 and have this running on subscription.

Any help is much appreciated.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are several recent threads on this topic already, and using the forum search is much faster than posting and waiting for a response.

The .phd file backup frequency and location is shown on this screen:

If you have OneDrive installed and PhD10 is saving the project file there, you can recover older versions by going to the OD website and navigating to the online folder location.

Select the file and then click on Version History, then right click on the version you want to use and choose Restore.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°