Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to create a Matte Semi Transparent Text Box
BlairC [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Florida, US Joined: Dec 10, 2013 18:37 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot figure out how to create a Matte Semi Transparent Text Box anything similar to the attached image using PhotoDirector. They seem to be used so much these days but I cannot find the weay to do it uisng PhotoDirector with my PowerDirector 365.

Speak Life
[Thumb - SpeakLife.jpg]
 Filename
SpeakLife.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Speak Life image
 Filesize
177 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31. 2019 13:20

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can't paste an image inline with the text directly. However, you can upload it to a web sharing site like Imgur and use this forum tool to link to it:

You can also simply attach it using this button:

Simply click on the Edit button and make the changes to your original post.

Once we can see what you're looking for, it'll be easier to make some suggestions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31. 2019 12:59

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BlairC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can't paste an image inline with the text directly. However, you can upload it to a web sharing site like Imgur and use this forum tool to link to it:

You can also simply attach it using this button:

Simply click on the Edit button and make the changes to your original post.

Once we can see what you're looking for, it'll be easier to make some suggestions.

Done. Thank you and sorry, I didn't realize that.
Elynde [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2019 04:50 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I cannot figure out how to create a Matte Semi Transparent Text Box anything similar to the attached image using PhotoDirector. They seem to be used so much these days but I cannot find the weay to do it uisng PhotoDirector with my PowerDirector 365.

Speak Life

An alternative solution would be to use a white Color Board in a lower track, crop or mask as needed, and set a high transparency. No need to leave the program that way.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Done. Thank you and sorry, I didn't realize that.

If you use the Preview button before you click on Submit, you should get a good view of what your post will look like.

Since you posted in the PowerDirector forum, I'll use that app for my suggestion. I'm assuming that you want the background to partially show through the text box, and not to actually add the woven mat texture in your sample image:

This image uses the title Backdrop feature in the Title Designer, which sets the opacity, color and size relative to the text block :

I also added the Fine Noise FX applied to only the title (not the photo), with the value set to 91. I've attached the full size screenshot so you can see the intentional graininess of the text box.

There are many, many other ways of accomplishing this, so don't be afraid to experiment

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

BlairC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow that is perfect,thank you....except that I indeed posted in the wrong forum. undecided I intended to be in the PhotoDirector forum and I apologize.

If I do the above using PowerDirector is there a way I can save that as an image still?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 01. 2019 14:46

optodata
[Post New]
Quote If I do the above using PowerDirector is there a way I can save that as an image still?

Sure. All you need to do is click on the camera icon to take a screenshot:

To get the highest quality, make sure you set the Save as type: box to .png or .bmp, not .jpg when the Save As window pops up. You can also set the default file type under Settings:

YouTube/optodata