Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CL New Deploy Approach
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
It would appear someone with CL authority stated here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77337.page#post_box_316530

Quote No worries about the perpetual version of PowerDirector 17, of course users will get all the latest patches and updates.

Now the PD17 release states:
Quote - Subscriber Exclusive: Library Preview window helps you to preview source clips, mark in/out, and set markers before adding them to the timeline.
- Subscriber Exclusive: Snap/Auxiliary lines help to precisely position titles or other objects.
- Subscriber Exclusive: Customizable mouse wheel behavior for timeline scrolling.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78875.page

I guess these "Subscriber Exclusive" added features are not patches or updates, pretty crafty CL!

Jeff
[Post New]
Well, I don't expect my car dealer will call me to install any fancy new part from the coming 2020 model for free. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well, I don't expect my car dealer will call me to install any fancy new part from the coming 2020 model for free.

Sorry, I don't get your auto correlation. I'm not looking for anything installed that I never purchased and surely nothing PD related from 2020.

What if the new model goes to:
1) Subscriber Exclusive 1 month plan, this group of users get this "B" list of the latest patches and updates
2) Subscriber Exclusive 12 month plan, this group of users get a different list of patches and updates
3) Perpetual plan, this group of users gets yet a different list of patches and updates

I don't care if they offer you a new AI-Bedazzled offering for the Subscriber Exclusive club, that's what you purchased and I didn't, totally fine with that. I did however expect to get complete updates and patches as was stated by CLD post for the duration that CL releases them as it affects my core PD17 version purchased, nothing ever stated otherwise that I saw. A change to the Library Preview window sounds like core PD17 product feature change released in a patch.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2019 21:42

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff, I'm not sure if you noticed this line at the bottom of the 365 release post:

Note: these and other program enhancements/bug fixes will be available to non-subscribers in the GM5 patch release, which is scheduled for next month.

Seems to me like they had a few PD18 features ready ahead of schedule and decided to bring them out in this patch. For a change, they released the subscriber version ahead of the perpetual version, so it may just be a matter of timing rather than any witholding or favoritism for subscribers.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Jeff, I'm not sure if you noticed this line at the bottom of the 365 release post:

Note: these and other program enhancements/bug fixes will be available to non-subscribers in the GM5 patch release, which is scheduled for next month.

Seems to me like they had a few PD18 features ready ahead of schedule and decided to bring them out in this patch. For a change, they released the subscriber version ahead of the perpetual version, so it may just be a matter of timing rather than any witholding or favoritism for subscribers.

optodata, no, I saw that note. I just interpreted it different perhaps, as anything not marked "Subscriber Exclusive" will be available in the GM5 patch for perpetual key holders. It makes no sense to highlight these particular features with "Subscriber Exclusive" unless something else applies to them.

They also released the subscriber version ahead of the perpetual last time as you commented on here so nothing new there: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78263.page#post_box_321851 A weeks timing or such is no big deal, my comments were on a change of deploy on core feature upgrades and bugs.

Jeff