Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A couple of questions regarding upgrade
[Post New]
A couple of questions:

If I upgrade from PD16 ultimate to Power Director 365, after 365 days I can no longer use PD365 unless I renew, right?

If I simply upgrade to PD17 ultimate (or ultra) I never get any patches and product updates? (if you take a look at the comparison table, one of the cells says "Always up-to-date with the latest features and updates", which is kind of worrying).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2018 05:32

PD17 Ult, PD16Ult, PD15ult + 13ult + 12ult
Painthop X9, X7, X4, 9
Aurora 3D (!!)
Animation Shop
Flex Gif Animator
Howler 9.5 !!
Intel Core I7-479 Cpu, 3.6 Ghz, 24 Gig Ram
Windows 10. 64 bits
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Yes, since 365 is a subscription version, so you would no longer have the version 17 (well 1 software in a year if you ended the subscription. But you would still have your perpetual version 16 of PowerDirector.

No worries about the perpetual version of PowerDirector 17, of course users will get all the latest patches and updates. The moderator mentioned the first patch was coming already here and here.

David
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

No worries about the perpetual version of PowerDirector 17, of course users will get all the latest patches and updates. The moderator mentioned the first patch was coming already here and here.

David

Thanks David.
Regarding your answer to question 2, you're either wrong or their comparison table is wrong then! :
[Thumb - missleading.jpg]
 Filename
missleading.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
155 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
PD17 Ult, PD16Ult, PD15ult + 13ult + 12ult
Painthop X9, X7, X4, 9
Aurora 3D (!!)
Animation Shop
Flex Gif Animator
Howler 9.5 !!
Intel Core I7-479 Cpu, 3.6 Ghz, 24 Gig Ram
Windows 10. 64 bits
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

It's probably referring to the latest effect packs and templates you continually get, as well as when PowerDirector 18 comes out...you will get it, i.e. all the stuff you used to have to pay for, even before subscriptions.

Cyberlink wouldn't restrict users from getting program bug fixes.

David

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 04. 2018 02:28