Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Insta360 One X 5.7K Full Resolution In & Output from PD17
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, I just uploaded new files there (same location). This is some strange behaviour of the fusion. The THM files are not created everytime the cam starts recording I guess based on the position you are with the camera. As I have been analysing the situation. Anyway you got now everything included THM files so tested adn it should works now. Thanks for letting me now.

The short answer is that you probably missed a crucial part in STEP 8 "Edit as you like. Make sure you use 360 if you want 360"

What that means is that you have to manually set the timeline aspect ratio to 360 so that PD will know that you've got a 360 clip. No meta injection or other steps needed.

I've got everything working as expected here, and will post the fully documented steps soon...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, I just uploaded new files there (same location).

Thanks very much for the full, new upload.

I was able to open the files in Fusion Studio. I kept the default settings and rendered to 5.2K MOV. I'm sure you know most of this already, but I want to document all the steps and explanations for future forum readers.

As can be seen from the app's settings, the output is rendered using the CineForm codec. Because 4:2:2 is a 10-bit color depth, PD can't open it, so we'll need to convert it in the next step:

Note that clicking on H.264 disables the 5.2K option, so we have to use a 10-bit codec to get the full resolution out of the GoPro app.

Next, I converted the MOV clip into a MagicYUV AVI clip with a direct audio stream copy. Here are the relevent video specs:

Next, I imported the AVI clip into PD17.

PD didn't automatically recognize the clip as 360, so I had to manually change the timeline's aspect ratio. After that everything worked as expected, as can be seen in this screen capture:

I then added a 3D title and produced a 10 sec version to H.264 5.2K, and as you can see, it's a 360º video when played in VLC:

I've shared the MagicYUV clip and the VDub2 project settings used to create it (Use File > Load Project and locate MagicYUV.vdproject); as well as the PD17 project, the output profile I used, and the 10 sec produced clip in this OneDrive folder.

You should be able to get everything working with these steps and have no trouble if you wanted to download ands work with any of my sample clips.

(Note that the AVI clip will take another 1/2 hour to finish uploading since it's 14.4GB, but all other clips are now available)
MFoist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2019 15:13 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]

The short answer is that you probably missed a crucial part in STEP 8 "Edit as you like. Make sure you use 360 if you want 360"

What that means is that you have to manually set the timeline aspect ratio to 360 so that PD will know that you've got a 360 clip. No meta injection or other steps needed.

I've got everything working as expected here, and will post the fully documented steps soon...

Hello, that sounds realy funny - I will try, I did it with another export before from which I have no more the source files and I am sure I switched it to 360 manualy but only underneath the playback window within PD or in the upper toolbar.

So I have to do it on both places? Up in toolbar and as well under the playback window? This only differs from what I've done.
optodata
[Post New]
Hello, that sounds realy funny - I will try, I did it with another export before from which I have no more the source files and I am sure I switched it to 360 manualy but only underneath the playback window within PD or in the upper toolbar.

So I have to do it on both places? Up in toolbar and as well under the playback window? This only differs from what I've done.

Those are two different but related settings.

In order to access any 360º features, you have to set the project aspect ratio to 360. If that's the only thing you do, PD will treat all edits you do to the clip as equirectangular and you'd use the View Designer to specify which area of the clip your viewers will see.

If you want to edit and produce a 360º video, then you also need to put the timeline into 360 degree mode, and that's what the 360 icon under the preview window does.
MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

Those are two different but related settings.

In order to access any 360º features, you have to set the project aspect ratio to 360. If that's the only thing you do, PD will treat all edits you do to the clip as equirectangular and you'd use the View Designer to specify which area of the clip your viewers will see.

If you want to edit and produce a 360º video, then you also need to put the timeline into 360 degree mode, and that's what the 360 icon under the preview window does.

Hm, strange, look at this, this was 5,7 K export of timelapse of the gp fusion ... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hx6M6u0vvX89_vN0qu66mKgEFk7UDHua/view?usp=sharing
optodata
[Post New]
Hm, strange, look at this, this was 5,7 K export of timelapse of the gp fusion ... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hx6M6u0vvX89_vN0qu66mKgEFk7UDHua/view?usp=sharing

That video has been flattened before you imported it. You need to use different settings in Fusion Studio - make sure you choose 360, and not Overcapture.
MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

That video has been flattened before you imported it. You need to use different settings in Fusion Studio - make sure you choose 360, and not Overcapture.

Overcapture export looks at the beginning like the small planet. This export is different, but I understand what you mean. I will try.

And thank you very much!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2019 02:06

MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

Btw: Why to use for export from gopro fusion studio the Cineform and not the Prores ? Might that be the reason, why my export was flattened?
optodata
[Post New]
Btw: Why to use for export from gopro fusion studio the Cineform and not the Prores ? Might that be the reason, why my export was flattened?

I have no idea. I was able to get everything working by using the above steps and settings.

If you want to get your Fusion 360 degree clips working properly in PD, I would suggest that you do the exact same steps first before randomly making changes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2019 10:23

MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello, no, it has not been flattened, it works just fine - the mistake was in the steps order in PD ... Before in my failed attempts - I always started PD directly to 360 mode, that was the mistake. Because it started to work after I just:

1) changed the ratio in the upper bar back to 16:9
2) then changed back to 360
3) changed to 360 in view and switched to clip mode ... so timelapses and the vids too from fusion are working perfectly.

As a small bonus for members here, I finaly got the proper sequence of commandline commands to get the 5.7 K export outof gopro fusion studio instead of just 5.2 K. For better results use the 2.0 firmware, but I' m on old 1.8.

So the exact sequence on a comp with Win 10 is:

FusionStudio_x64.exe --front e:\fusion_stitchdir\GF027014.MP4 --back e:\fusion_stitchdir\GB027014.mp4 --width 5760 --videoCodec 1 --pc 1 --stabilization 2 --iq 3 --denoise 128 --globalContrast 128 --sharpness 128 --temperature 128 --synchro --wave e:\fusion_stitchdir\GB027014.WAV --amb 1 -l 4 --output E:\27014.mov

You can then play with the other parameters - there is definitely not good description of the cmdline fusionstudio commands (something is if you try just the command with -h for help) but this what I pasted above is the starting point and then you can play around (the 128 is the middle value between 0 - 255) - I' m realy curious how my first PD export will look like. Very time expensive attemps

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2019 11:50

MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I think I have the 360 5.7K IN & OUTput working from PD17 and think this warrants a new thread.

Great it works ... https://youtu.be/dOJJIHRKTuc ... although I'm still unable to get proper sound when editing, the result works. So the workaround is to use the proxies in separate program to find out the scenes I/O.
MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

just hopefully one last trouble ...

It ignores hardware acceleration (as I can see in taskmgr), I´m unable to set hardware encoder when using this 5.7 k custom profile. And 162 hours for 360° vid 45 min is siplme too much and not necessary (I got GTX 1070 8G and 48 G RAM and SSDs).

And I´m unable to check/uncheck the hardware acceleration in production mode of PD when using this custom profile.

There are Encoder type and Encoder mode parameters (within the profile.ini file ) I don´t know what the value should be? Please help ...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2019 12:17

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It ignores hardware acceleration (as I can see in taskmgr), I´m unable to set hardware encoder when using this 5.7 k custom profile. And 162 hours for 360° vid 45 min is siplme too much and not necessary (I got GTX 1070 8G and 48 G RAM and SSD).

Probably because the profile.ini simply jury-rigged the 5.7K capability that was never intended at this release. Basically, NVENC does not support resolutions higher than 4096 in H.264 with any current hardware, hence your observation.

Jeff
MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

Probably because the profile.ini simply jury-rigged the 5.7K capability that was never intended at this release. Basically, NVENC does not support resolutions higher than 4096 in H.264 with any current hardware, hence your observation.

Jeff

O ou ... so perhaps the right time to test some experimental NVENC features or to armor myself with patience, correct?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote O ou ... so perhaps the right time to test some experimental NVENC features or to armor myself with patience, correct?

I'm not aware of any experimental NVENC features to help with H.264 resolution limit. Switch to H.265 in similar profile.ini jury-rig and then NVENC will be supported at that resolution.

If you need H.264 at that resolution, NVENC will not be utilized, so yes, patience or more CPU capability.

Jeff
MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

I'm not aware of any experimental NVENC features to help with H.264 resolution limit. Switch to H.265 in similar profile.ini jury-rig and then NVENC will be supported at that resolution.

If you need H.264 at that resolution, NVENC will not be utilized, so yes, patience or more CPU capability.

Jeff

I´m not sure if H.265 and 360 vid is ok? If yes, I´ll jump into it immediately ...
optodata
[Post New]
I've just created an H.265 profile for the full 5.7K (5760x2880) resolution, and it's now in the shared OneDrive folder. Since your nVidia card can use HEVC for up to 8K clips, you should be able to drastically cut down on your producing time.

Using your 1:34 5.2K test clip, I produced to this 5.7K profile in only 2:22.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2019 13:05

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I've just created an H.265 profile for the full 5.7K (5760x2880) resolution, and it's now in the shared OneDrive folder. Since your nVidia card can use HEVC for up to 8K clips, you should be able to drastically cut down on your producing time.

Using your 1:34 5.2K test clip, I produced to this 5.7K profile in only 2:22.

Great I will do, thank you for your help.

So If I get it correctly - I just have to copy the content of custom profile.ini under new custom profiles created under H.265? No further changes required?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2019 13:29

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMadmajkl
https://soundcloud.com/michal-foist

Win 10 Pro 64 b, Acer Predator 15, Nvidia GF GTX 1070 8 G
Gear: Sony FDR-X3000, Gopro fusion, Canon 60D, Huawei mate 10, DJI Phantom 4 Pro
optodata
[Post New]
Quote So If I get it correctly - I just have to copy the content of custom profile.ini under new custom profiles created under H.265? No further changes required?

The easiest thing to do is open up the 5.7K profile, select all content, then copy it and append it to the end of the existing Profile.ini in this folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\UserConfigure. Then save the file and open up PD.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
terrafrost [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2021 22:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

The easiest thing to do is open up the 5.7K profile, select all content, then copy it and append it to the end of the existing Profile.ini in this folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\UserConfigure. Then save the file and open up PD.

I tried doing that without success. I'm using PowerDirector 19 and when I click on the "Produce" button at the top. I select "Custom" as my "Profile type" and then I get a popup saying:

There are no customized profiles available. Select one from another profile group.

If I click on the "+" to "Create a new profile" the highest resolution I can select is 4096 x 2048.
optodata
[Post New]
This post was written for PD17, so you'll need to save the custom Profile.ini in the correct folder for PD19. That would be C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\UserConfigure

It also sounds like you haven't yet created any custom profiles from inside PD, so you don't have an existing Profile.ini file in the above folder. Simply copy the 5.7k profile.ini file there. Rename it to profile.ini and the 5.7K option should be visible when you open up PD19 and go to the Produce page.