Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Insta360 One X 5.7K Full Resolution In & Output from PD17
das3Dstudio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2019 19:01 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I think I have the 360 5.7K IN & OUTput working from PD17 and think this warrants a new thread.

Following these two threads:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77316.page
&
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63881.page

I created a new profile ini which works for 5.7k output.

Two things turned out to be important when doing that.

1)
If you create a custom profile the words Custom Profile -1 (or
2,3,4.....n) needs to be kept. If this is directly replaced by the
profile name it does not work.

2)
When you edit the new custom output profile under the produce tab,
it still claims to be of 1280x640 resolution when you change to the
video tab.

Under proprties in the Profile Name Tab of Quality Profile Setup
(and in VLC or file properties) the properties say though that its
actually 5780 width by 2880 height=5.7k

5.7k INPUT works also fine. To do this you need:

A fast computer & lots of storage space & this additional software:
http://virtualdub2.com/
&
https://www.magicyuv.com/

WORKFLOW:
Step 01
Install Virtualdub2 and the latest version of MagicYUV
Step 02
Export your video file at full res out of Insta360 Desktop app
Step 03
Open it with Virtualdub2
Step 04
Save as losless AVI with the Video Comprssion set to MagicYUV - YUV 4:2:0
Step 05
Be very patient & have a huge storage disk
Step 06

Import finished file into Power Director 17 Ultra or Ultimate
Step 08
Edit as you like. Make sure you use 360 if you want 360 ;
Step 09
Use your custom profile for exporting in 5.7k
Step 10
Upload to youtube if you want

Here is the content of my modified profile.ini which works for OUTPUT of 5.7k, if you need higher quality increase the 50Mbps setting to a much higher level (careful bigger files & faster hardware & faster network necessary). Here included are 2 custom profiles, 1x with about 50Mbps and 1x with about 150Mbps enjoy & have fun:

&
<Class>MPEG-4 AVC
<Name>Custom Profile -1 5760x2880 29_97Fps 50Mbps
<Description>
Custom Profile -1 5760x2880 29_97Fps 50Mbs
<Output FileName>
<DescID>11920
<NameID>22496
<Group>2
<File Format Class>11
<Video Format Class>8
<Audio Format Class>10
<Stream Flag>3
<Field Order>0
<Attribute>10040083
<Video BitRate>48500000
<Min BitRate>24250000
<Max BitRate>49000000
<Video Quality>0
<Video Width>5760
<Video Height>2880
<Frame Rate>29.969999
<Profile Level>65357
<Pattern>IBBPBBPBBPBBP
<Pre Processing>0
<Resize>1
<Flip Video>0
<Speed Quality Indicator>6
<Interlacing>0
<Encoder Mode>0
<App Type>2
<Dynamic GOP>0
<Deblock>1
<EntryMode>1
<Encoder Type>32
<Audio Layer>2
<Audio Mode>2
<Audio BitRate>384000
<Audio Channels>2
<Audio SamplesPerSec>1
<Audio BitsPerSample>1
<Misc>0
<SamplesPerFrame>0
&&
&
<Class>MPEG-4 AVC
<Name>Custom Profile -2 5760x2880 29_97Fps 150Mbps
<Description>
Custom Profile -2 5760x2880 29_97Fps 150Mbps
<Output FileName>
<DescID>11920
<NameID>22496
<Group>2
<File Format Class>11
<Video Format Class>8
<Audio Format Class>10
<Stream Flag>3
<Field Order>0
<Attribute>10040083
<Video BitRate>148500000
<Min BitRate>24250000
<Max BitRate>149000000
<Video Quality>0
<Video Width>5760
<Video Height>2880
<Frame Rate>29.969999
<Profile Level>65357
<Pattern>IBBPBBPBBPBBP
<Pre Processing>0
<Resize>1
<Flip Video>0
<Speed Quality Indicator>6
<Interlacing>0
<Encoder Mode>0
<App Type>2
<Dynamic GOP>0
<Deblock>1
<EntryMode>1
<Encoder Type>32
<Audio Layer>2
<Audio Mode>2
<Audio BitRate>384000
<Audio Channels>2
<Audio SamplesPerSec>1
<Audio BitsPerSample>1
<Misc>0
<SamplesPerFrame>0
&&
<output> </output>

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Feb 16. 2019 17:18

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for doing all of the setup and outlining your workflow!

As for the 2 findings you mentioned, I wonder if you'd solve the first one if you tried doing things a bit differently. In the other post that you linked to above, I had created a 5.2k profile and shared it, and just now I created a new 5.7k profile from scratch and changed the name to "Insta360" and typed my own comments. I didn't leave any "custom profile" words in there.

I then closed PD and opened profile.ini in Notepad. I changed the <Video Width> and <Video Height> lines to the correct values and saved the file, then I reopened PD and confirmed that everything is set correctly:

For your second finding, you shouldn't use the built-in profile editor for this since it's beyond what PD will allow you to work with. Any edits you want to make will have to be done in Notepad, but it's OK to check that the settings are correct as shown above.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Also I saw in the other PD16 thread that you want someone to test out the video.

It should import without any problems (like the 5.2k clip I tested in my other thread) but I can't find any full resolution clips to download. If you could make a short sample and upload it to a cloud folder and share the link, I'd be happy to download it, import it make some edits and produce it @ 5.7k.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2019 18:48

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
das3Dstudio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2019 19:01 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Your welcome.

Thanks for laying down the groundwork & and, clarifications!

Testing videos will follow.

Its 01:15 hours here, time to get some sleep ;

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 16. 2019 19:21

Jan Jansen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2019 04:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
struggling to get this to work: when converting the insta360 one x input, th evideo no longer shows as a 360 video. Thoughts?
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I think I have the 360 5.7K IN & OUTput working from PD17 and think this warrants a new thread.

Following these two threads:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77316.page
&
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63881.page

I created a new profile ini which works for 5.7k output.

Two things turned out to be important when doing that.

1)
If you create a custom profile the words Custom Profile -1 (or
2,3,4.....n) needs to be kept. If this is directly replaced by the
profile name it does not work.

2)
When you edit the new custom output profile under the produce tab,
it still claims to be of 1280x640 resolution when you change to the
video tab.

Under proprties in the Profile Name Tab of Quality Profile Setup
(and in VLC or file properties) the properties say though that its
actually 5780 width by 2880 height=5.7k

5.7k INPUT works also fine. To do this you need:

A fast computer & lots of storage space & this additional software:
http://virtualdub2.com/
&
https://www.magicyuv.com/

WORKFLOW:
Step 01
Install Virtualdub2 and the latest version of MagicYUV
Step 02
Export your video file at full res out of Insta360 Desktop app
Step 03
Open it with Virtualdub2
Step 04
Step 05
Step 06

Maybe a dumb question but,
Why do we need all of this preperations?
When I render the files from INSV into MP4, I just throw them into PD17 and everything works fine...
Where does the benefit of VirtualDub2 and MagicYUY comes into place?

Quote struggling to get this to work: when converting the insta360 one x input, th evideo no longer shows as a 360 video. Thoughts?

You need to inject 360 metadata
https://support.google.com/jump/answer/7044297?hl=en
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Maybe a dumb question but,
Why do we need all of this preperations?
When I render the files from INSV into MP4, I just throw them into PD17 and everything works fine...
Where does the benefit of VirtualDub2 and MagicYUY comes into place?

Not a dumb question at all. Many people have computers that aren't powerful enough to work with 4K/5.xK/UHD videos smoothly in PD, and the 2 best options are to turn on shadows files or use an intermediate codec like MagicYUV.

Each has their own pros and cons, but if you can do everything you want on the timeline and not feel like your system is lagging, then stick with the straight & simple approach
MFoist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2019 15:13 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Step 04
Step 05
Step 06

Step 08
Edit as you like. Make sure you use 360 if you want 360 ;

Hm, problem, after saving lossless AVi I´m missing the spatial metadata. It shows no longer that it is 360 video. That´ s problem. ... And AVI cannot be injected by the metadata spatial injection tool.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 12. 2019 14:18

optodata
[Post New]
Quote Hm, problem, after saving lossless AVi I´m missing the spatial metadata. It shows no longer that it is 360 video. That´ s problem. ... And AVI cannot be injected by the metadata spatial injection tool.

Make sure you have these Video > Compression > Configure settings in VDub2:

optodata
[Post New]
--- Unsuccessful attempt to correct formatting ---

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2019 13:24

MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you very much, the only difference was the version ... 1.2 vs 2.0 ... now exporting, so curious. Btw: my cam is fusion, not using Insta 360 but gopro fusion studio for export stitched material. And after that file injected by spatial metadata injector, so I´ll see.
MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

So unfortunately nothing, import possible, but not as 360 spherical view.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote So unfortunately nothing, import possible, but not as 360 spherical view.

Can you upload the clip to a cloud folder and paste the link to it here? I can download the GoPro app and maybe if you shared the original clip from your Fusion and the converted version we can figure out where the problem came from.

EDIT: Just to confirm: If you don't convert to MagicYUV, does the clip import into PD as 360 when it comes straight from GoPro Fusion Studio?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 12. 2019 17:00

MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

Can you upload the clip to a cloud folder and paste the link to it here? I can download the GoPro app and maybe if you shared the original clip from your Fusion and the converted version we can figure out where the problem came from.

EDIT: Just to confirm: If you don't convert to MagicYUV, does the clip import into PD as 360 when it comes straight from GoPro
Fusion Studio?

Thank you very much. It is huge file, and today I´m in foreign on worktrip, but I´ll try after I come back.

When you can download the gopro fusion studio, I can uplad for you the original unstitched material from both cams as well if you want.

Clip in max size and MOV format does correctly import into PD. Only if export from gopro fusion studio is set to MP4 it works. Import as mov at maximum possible quality is unable to import into PD - reason unsupported format. What I ve tried so far - full export 5,2 K from gopro fusion studio as well as the commandline export of 5,7 K material ... I can open it with lightworks as standard videofile, I can open it with davinci resolve as a 360 file (but in both apps - 360 video - useless ) ... so I went for PD ...

I´ve tried then to inject the metadata into the mov file using the metadata injector and then I converted it using virtualdub2 and magicyuv as described here -- result - imporet without 360 attributes :/

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 18. 2019 06:48

optodata
[Post New]
OK. If you want to export to .MOV and have PD be able to work with it directly, you may need the QuickTime codec. Since Apple stopped supporting QT for Windows years ago, many people use the free QT Lite codec.

Please upload your clips when you return, and I'll confirm the steps needed to get the clips imported into PD as 360 degree videos.
MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote OK. If you want to export to .MOV and have PD be able to work with it directly, you may need the QuickTime codec. Since Apple stopped supporting QT for Windows years ago, many people use the free QT Lite codec.

Please upload your clips when you return, and I'll confirm the steps needed to get the clips imported into PD as 360 degree videos.

I have no problem to playback MOVs usualy. The case now is - it is just missing the 360 data after export from vitualdub into the AVI recommended here. But thank you for the codec anyway. Now, I´m uploading the unstitched original files from my gopro fusion cam. You can afterwards play with it much more. I'll add link here when done - in total 4,5 G. Much better way than to try to upload the somehow exported file IMHO ...
MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

Here it is complete, please let me know if you need something. I hope files are ok and I hopefully properly set the permissions.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fQPleNCwh6LPKh9E84z7aJoPcKQJ6yI1?usp=sharing

You can now download the gopro fusion studio for stitching. After installation just create in your PC somewhere temporary folder like "fusion" for example, into this one then download both shared folders (front & back) and guide gopro fusion software into this folder fusion for stitching. It should work as usualy. If not, just let me know please. Then you can play with all possible export format options.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 19. 2019 02:09

optodata
[Post New]
Quote Here it is complete, please let me know if you need something. I hope files are ok and I hopefully properly set the permissions.

For some reason, Google Drive was only letting me download @ 1.2Mbps, so even though I have a 1Gbps connection, it took hours to download everything.

In any case I now have all 5 files and they are arranged in the Front and Back folders, but I get this error message in Fusion Studio when trying to Add Media:

There's a whole GoPro forum thread on this, and the only thing I saw there that might be relevent is I might be missing a .thm file. Have you encountered this issue before? Can you import these clips exactly as-is on your end?

I can play the MP4 files and import them into PD, I just can't get them into Fusion Studio..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2019 13:00

MFoist [Avatar]
[Post New]

For some reason, Google Drive was only letting me download @ 1.2Mbps, so even though I have a 1Gbps connection, it took hours to download everything.

In any case I now have all 5 files and they are arranged in the Front and Back folders, but I get this error message in Fusion Studio when trying to Add Media:

There's a whole GoPro forum thread on this, and the only thing I saw there that might be relevent is I might be missing a .thm file. Have you encountered this issue before? Can you import these clips exactly as-is on your end?

I can play the MP4 files and import them into PD, I just can't get them into Fusion Studio..

Hello, I just uploaded new files there (same location). This is some strange behaviour of the fusion. The THM files are not created everytime the cam starts recording I guess based on the position you are with the camera. As I have been analysing the situation. Anyway you got now everything included THM files so tested adn it should works now. Thanks for letting me now.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Hello, I just uploaded new files there (same location). This is some strange behaviour of the fusion. The THM files are not created everytime the cam starts recording I guess based on the position you are with the camera. As I have been analysing the situation. Anyway you got now everything included THM files so tested adn it should works now. Thanks for letting me now.

The short answer is that you probably missed a crucial part in STEP 8 "Edit as you like. Make sure you use 360 if you want 360"

What that means is that you have to manually set the timeline aspect ratio to 360 so that PD will know that you've got a 360 clip. No meta injection or other steps needed.

I've got everything working as expected here, and will post the fully documented steps soon...