Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Free effects download site not working, any suggestions?
aljo.petek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2018 08:55 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
What a scam! I bought PowerDirector16. Over a year than they want me to charge almost the same price for PowerDirector17 upgrade. Ok, no way I said. I ll still use version 16. Now I am trying to download some of the free effects but site is not working anymore only premium packs work. They want almost 50 bucks for one pack with few effects. I never thought that this would be my most expensive purchase ever. I am not a professional user but I like to edit some of my videos fast and effective - for reasonable price. I am switching to other software. Now forever. I hope you will not delete this message. Lets hear what other think.

bye

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2019 20:20

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I doubt they'll delete your post. But since you ended it with the word "bye" I assume you just needed to vent and you won't be back looking for advice.

Though I'm not sure how you were able to sink so much money into your investment. The PowerDirector Ultimate package has always seemed like a terrific value to me, and I've been upgrading every release. And I'm by no means a pro either.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What a scam! I bought PowerDirector16. Over a year than they want me to charge almost the same price for PowerDirector17 upgrade. Ok, no way I said. I ll still use version 16. Now I am trying to download some of the free effects but site is not working anymore only premium packs work. They want almost 50 bucks for one pack with few effects. I never thought that this would be my most expensive purchase ever. I am not a professional user but I like to edit some of my videos fast and effective - for reasonable price. I am switching to other software. Now forever. I hope you will not delete this message. Lets hear what other think.

bye

I have reviewed your posting history and the PMs that have been sent to you and received from you.

In summary:

Your last post on September 29th 2018 was equally opinionated and was removed - you were given the reasons why and you were offered a chance to justify your position but you just continued your opinions.

You stated that you had switched to another program and that "....I don't have time to argue with you....." amongst other things.

Your earlier posts on August 20th 2018 were on the same subject and wanting to sell your PowerDirector and PhotoDirector licenses for "......30 bucks...." Again, you stated that" ....I found other software which is much better...."

You now seemingly have retained the software and are complaining about upgrade prices - the use of the word scam seems a little unjustified - which was exactly the tone and subject that got the September 29th post removed.

As I pointed out to you originally, the forum is not a social media platform, it is a forum for members to ask for and receive help from other members. No-one here can influence the pricing or upgrade policy of CL. Your post is of no real value to other members.

You should alter the topic title and contents to properly reflect your issue - may I suggest "Free effects download site not working, any suggestions?" and remove the rant contents.

You posted in the PDR17 forum and the topic should rightly be in the PDR 16 forum and so I will move it accordingly.

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
aljo.petek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2018 08:55 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Well at that time I was still able to use a lot of free effects and I was still using a bit of PowerDirector16. Can you pls answer me why your site with free effects not working anymore.
On the other hand I bought other product, got free major update and a lot of free packs. All the payable effects are cheaper than yours.

Now its time to realy leave Cyberlinks software. By the way in our country 109 eur (which I spent for your software) is a good money.

Bye
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well at that time I was still able to use a lot of free effects and I was still using a bit of PowerDirector16. Can you pls answer me why your site with free effects not working anymore.
Bye

We are not sure what you mean, as you can see in the attached photo. Since you are gone for good, we can't help you figure out why you can't access the web site. You can also check this thread if using Chrome and BitDefender:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78053.page

Thread is now being locked as the user has left and was just posted for attention grabbing.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - dz.jpg]
 Filename
dz.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
709 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2019 01:47

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do