Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdirector on multiple pc's ?
FROMNOW [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 26, 2018 18:46 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I plan on buying the 365. Can I install the programs on more than one pc ?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello

Yes, but you are only allowed to use one at a time. So desktop and laptop installs are fully legit.

There also seems to be a hard limit of 3 (or possibly 4) installs before you get a warning stating that you can't install on another machine until you remove it from another one.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello

Hi,

The licensing criteria for PDR17 are laid out in the EULA (which you will have to accept when you install PDR)
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23377&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1&CategoryId=-1&keyword=EULA

You may also have a local copy after installation - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\AppManager\EULA and C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector17\Eula

The starting point might be this clause:
"....CyberLink, as licensor, grants to you, the licensee, a non-exclusive right to download and/or install the accompanying PowerDirector software program(s) (hereinafter the "SOFTWARE") on a certain number of computer(s)/ device(s) in accordance with the number of the license(s) you purchased and use the SOFTWARE in accordance with the terms contained in this license......"

but I would recommend you read the EULA and check all the applicable sections for yourself.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This page is specific to DS 365 subscription licenses, and it's what I based my response on.

I have also run into the hard limit recently when upgrading hardware and doing a full Win10 reinstall on two machines, and in one case I had to restore the old system image to remove DS365 before I could reinstall it on the same machine after resetting Win10.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
FROMNOW [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 26, 2018 18:46 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you to both of you !!
Tony Ish UK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2018 05:36 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
My opinion of CL's approach to single license per PC / laptop is rather self defeating in today's video / IT approach to on site editing then pulling it together at home base.

Other editors seem to allow a wider distribution.

allowing two uses per license, would satisfy most users.

If users want to use a second copy, there are ways to get around the problem. Second page on a web search can take you to places you should not go! It would be wiser for CL to accept this is a problem and take action to prevent piracy and encourage a better thought solution.

Fortunately I have a previous PD licence for an earlier version which runs on my laptop. Obviously PDS files may not be backward compatible, but early editing is very useful.

Just a thought

rgds
[Post New]
Quote Hello

I have Powerdirector 365 on two computers, my desktop and laptop. Everytime I switch between machines I get a message:

"CyberLink PowerDirector cannot be activated because the activation limit has been reached. Click [Activate this Computer] to move a license to this computer. Any installation on another computer will be deactivated."

Is this what others deal with, only one computer can be activated at a time? It's a nuisance and I think Cyberlink needs to allow at least two computers per account. I think two installs is reasonable.
optodata
[Post New]
CL tech support informed me that this is now to be expected, although it never used to happen.

The subscription license does allow multiple installs provided that only one can be used at a time, and the activcation window is how they've chosen to enforce that limitation. Here is their exact response:

With reference to your query, please be advised that you can download and install your PowerDirector 365 subscription software on multiple computers. However, you can only be signed in to the PowerDirector 365 on one of those computers at a time.

Please click "Activate this Computer" to resolve the concern.
Clifford Bowe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2022 19:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I have Powerdirector 365 on two computers, my desktop and laptop. Everytime I switch between machines I get a message:

"CyberLink PowerDirector cannot be activated because the activation limit has been reached. Click [Activate this Computer] to move a license to this computer. Any installation on another computer will be deactivated."

Is this what others deal with, only one computer can be activated at a time? It's a nuisance and I think Cyberlink needs to allow at least two computers per account. I think two installs is reasonable.

I am getting this same message.I am afraid to deactivate one system as I am currently working on a project
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I am getting this same message.I am afraid to deactivate one system as I am currently working on a project

There's no cause for concern. Save the main project and close PD on that system. Open it on your other computer, activate PD there, do whatever editing you want, then close it. When you return to the original computer, launch PD and activate it and continue with your main project. There's no limit on how frequently you can switch computers.
dajdu_dd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2020 02:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
While I followed the recommendations in this topic and I can work on a pc and a laptop, I am now encountering this problem.

The videos/addons/effects installed on the pc are not installed on the laptop.

It is practically impossible to find what I had installed on one, to install on the other?

Pls, is there a work around?

Thanks.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Pls, is there a work around?

Your best bet is to open the CL App Manager on your desktop and install the same packs on your laptop.

Unrelated to the message you're seeing (but maybe of more significance), is that if you used any items from DirectorZone, you'll have to download and install them on your laptop in the same order as you did on your desktop.

That's because PD assigns them folder names like Title00001 and your laptop will use whatever content is in the folder with that name, even if it's completely different from what the original project used. Don't worry about this if you haven't used any DZ content in any project.