Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MotionMenuGenerator Application has stopped working
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2009 13:27 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am getting an error message when I attempt to create a disc -- either onto a DVD or onto my hard drive. It says "MotionMenuGenerator Application has stopped working." And I have to click out of that and get a message from windows saying that the possible cause is either a broken or missing source file or I am out fo system memory. I have 4 gigs of RAM which I would think should be enough. Anyone else getting this and what can I do to correct. Thanks, Pete
Zakhir Ali [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2006 09:44 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I too have the same problem under PowerDirector 8. After few tries I managed to burn DVD but end up with no sound when palying!!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter and Zakhir,

I have sent both of you a PM as you seem to have the same issue. The PM contains instruction to present information for CyberLink Customer Support (CS) and requests project data.

Once supplied the information and report etc will be handed onto CS.

Thanks.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Zakhir Ali [Avatar]
[Post New]

Dafydd,

I have attached the screen shot showing the error message. I will send the video if it is really needed.

Regards,
Zakhir
 Filename
PD8_MotionMenuGenerator_error.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
635 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, the standard response to these sorts of issues is to uninstall - reinstall PD.

Make sure you reinstall the program and then the content pack.

FULL INSTRUCTIONS:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART C
Uninstall and reinstall of PowerDirector

Dafydd
Zakhir Ali [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Dafydd,

Do I still send the requested info or uninstall & reinstall the PD8?

Thanks,
Zakhir
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Dafydd,

Do I still send the requested info or uninstall & reinstall the PD8?

Thanks,
Zakhir

1. uninstall & reinstall the PD8

2. test and post results.

Dafydd
Gordon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2009 20:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I too have this problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled according to the instructions and still get this error on 2 machines. I didn't get it when I Created a disk without a clip on the timeline, only a menu. I've tried it with and without first creating a hard disk folder. It's getting very frustrating. Can anyone throw any light on it Support did not address this problem when I brought it up. I did manage to burn 1 disk when I put a short file onto the timeline with no edits or enhancements, but this will obviously be enough.
Zakhir Ali [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem still persists and PD8 crashes a lot even when try to save the project. I think PD8 must seriously under go a QC for all PC configurations which can be done getting help from PD8 members. May be CyberLink R&D can provide a debug or test version for all users who have similar issues to run and gather log message to pin point the problem scenario....
Gordon [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm getting extremely frustrated and agravated with PD8. I've spent hours trying to resolve this motionmenugenerator problem and no help seems to be forthcoming from Cyberlink. I've reinstalled exactly as per instructions - same problem. I've tried downloading the latest build (which is?) from the supplied ftp site - I'm always timed out as the connection is too slow (about 22kb/s). I know it's not my problem as I'm on high quality/speed broadband and other sites are fast. I also tried downloading a different menu from the Director Zone - I got exactly the same speed and again I was eventually timed out. Is there something wrong with Cyberlink's website - it can't always be that busy - I've tried at many various times. I've found that using the basic menu one gets when first going to Create Menu I can burn a disk. Contrary to my earlier post Magic Fix can be applied. It looks like the motionmenugenerator exe file can deal with some menus but is erratic. I'm trying to run a business with this problem and just can't rely on PD8 - I wish I hadn't upgraded. I'm on build 1930 - have we any idea when the next patch will come along? I should say I've also upgraded my display drivers to the latest ones with no change to the problem - I Can't even access the supposed faster speeds in rendering. This looks like a major problem and with limited solutions except for stock answers, I'm tempted to go back to Pinnacle at present.
Gordon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Finally I think I'm getting somewhere. It looks like the motionmenugenerator.exe problem could be linked to which menu you use. I used a particularly difficult and complicated one - disks floating in and out - and this definitely has problems for me. Having tried one or two other menus, notably 'Cinema' found on the Director's Zone', I've found I can burn disks again.Hopefully those with the same problem can pool our experiences here to see which menus may be better than others.
Mat [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Herefordshire Joined: Jan 12, 2010 18:07 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I also have the same problem and my machine is a clean Vista build so no other driver problems. I have 4 gig, a CoreI7 920 and AtI Radeon HD5850 graphics so I don't think I have a resource problem.
I am so pleased it's only a trial version I am running so I am going to evaluate Adobe now. Vista Ultimate 32bit
4gb 1600
ATI 5850
Gigabyte ex58 mb
I7 920
Iiyama Prolite HDS monitor
xjykjy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 00:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Latest update: After receiving the 'MOTIONMENUGENERATOR APPLICATION STOP WORKING' message, I tried the guru's advice to un-install and re-install the PD 9. Done that and tried to burn a simple photo photo montage and the same darn error message returned at 16% of the burning process.

Extremely upset due to the consistent hanging 'POWERDIRECTOR STOPPED WORKING' errors and 'MOTIONMENUGENERATOR STOP WORKING' errors.

Have spent hours trying to re-try and search for solution but apparently there is no solution to this simple problem....

Anyone else facing the same problems with Power Director 9???
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I bet you have not supplied the information about your PD and Computer.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Part A and Part B.

You describe not enough space on your hard drive or your computer is just not up to the task.
We won't know until you post the needed information.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DBED123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2011 22:23 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
It's always the same reply from Cyberlink. Look here for a file and upload... I've done this for months and the problem persists. I have a computer that is very capable with a lot of disk and memory... software should throw errors that explain the problem and resolution... otherwise they shouldn't be sold.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It's always the same reply from Cyberlink. Look here for a file and upload... I've done this for months and the problem persists. I have a computer that is very capable with a lot of disk and memory... software should throw errors that explain the problem and resolution... otherwise they shouldn't be sold.

Most of the time 'MOTIONMENUGENERATOR STOP WORKING' errors are a bad video file on the time line.

You don't need to contact Cyberlink support for bad videos on the time line, a process of elimination, can discover which file is the problem.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DBED123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply Carl312.
Unfortunately my project has about 30 different clips so a process of elimination will take quite while.
I'm not sure what you mean by a 'Bad' video clip. They all work fine and in fact I can produce an output file from the project. I just can't burn it to a DVD with a menu. Thanks
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the reply Carl312.
Unfortunately my project has about 30 different clips so a process of elimination will take quite while.
I'm not sure what you mean by a 'Bad' video clip. They all work fine and in fact I can produce an output file from the project. I just can't burn it to a DVD with a menu. Thanks

Can you burn a DVD folder only, uncheck burn disk?

I very rarely burned a disk in PowerDirector 8. But I had great success burning Disk folders, then burn the disk using Nero Burning ROM.

It is possible the menu creation in your copy of Powerdirector 8 are messed up.

A 'Bad' Video clip is one that does not work properly in PD. It may play just fine in other players.

The process of elimination is a split the project in half, test it, if that half is OK, try the other half.
In the half that has the problems, split that half in half again, and go on splitting the halves in half each time. It is very quick to isolate to the small section where the trouble lies.

30 clips > 15 clips > 7 clips > 4 clips > 2 clips > 1 clip.
6 steps starting with 30 clips.

DBED123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Carl312.
I'm currently using Power Director 10 Ultimate.
At this point I've only tried burning to a folder to simplify the process.
If I remove the menu from my project I now get CES_Cacheagent has stopped working a bit further along... seems like a message comes up in the top left suggesting it is starting to Render and then this message comes up and it dies.
I have saved a copy of the project and am only using a very small set of pictures and one video clip. The on video clip left is fine and I run through the project in preview mode without issue. I will try to do a small project without any video next to see what happens. The video is HD AVCH format. Thanks
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Carl312.
I'm currently using Power Director 10 Ultimate.
At this point I've only tried burning to a folder to simplify the process.
If I remove the menu from my project I now get CES_Cacheagent has stopped working a bit further along... seems like a message comes up in the top left suggesting it is starting to Render and then this message comes up and it dies.
I have saved a copy of the project and am only using a very small set of pictures and one video clip. The on video clip left is fine and I run through the project in preview mode without issue. I will try to do a small project without any video next to see what happens. The video is HD AVCH format. Thanks

You are not by any chance using the Powerdirector 10 Trial are you?

If you are using the trial, there are severe limits on AVCHD in the trial version.

You should test your system by using the sample files that are included with Powerdirector 10.

Part B and Part H.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

If you can not make a DVD using the sample files you have a serious problem on your computer or the PD installation.

You should make a new subject and post in the PD 10 forum since you and now using PD 10 Ultra.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/99.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2012 10:35