Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MotionMenuGenerator Application has stopped working
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Carl312.
I'm currently using Power Director 10 Ultimate.
At this point I've only tried burning to a folder to simplify the process.
If I remove the menu from my project I now get CES_Cacheagent has stopped working a bit further along... seems like a message comes up in the top left suggesting it is starting to Render and then this message comes up and it dies.
I have saved a copy of the project and am only using a very small set of pictures and one video clip. The on video clip left is fine and I run through the project in preview mode without issue. I will try to do a small project without any video next to see what happens. The video is HD AVCH format. Thanks

You are not by any chance using the Powerdirector 10 Trial are you?

If you are using the trial, there are severe limits on AVCHD in the trial version.

You should test your system by using the sample files that are included with Powerdirector 10.

Part B and Part H.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

If you can not make a DVD using the sample files you have a serious problem on your computer or the PD installation.

You should make a new subject and post in the PD 10 forum since you and now using PD 10 Ultra.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/99.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2012 10:35

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DBED123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2011 22:23 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl, I will repost in the PD 10 Ultra forum.
I am using a purchased copy and have re-installed multiple times, cleared out all other similar programs, etc.
I did just try a simple test from your recommendation using a sample file and I get the same results.
Seems like it doesn't have anything to do with my media but as you suggest maybe I have a serious issue with my computer.
Everything else works fine so I guess PD is pretty picky. I did upload my dxdiag file.
Thanks
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
305 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl, I will repost in the PD 10 Ultra forum.
I am using a purchased copy and have re-installed multiple times, cleared out all other similar programs, etc.
I did just try a simple test from your recommendation using a sample file and I get the same results.
Seems like it doesn't have anything to do with my media but as you suggest maybe I have a serious issue with my computer.
Everything else works fine so I guess PD is pretty picky. I did upload my dxdiag file.
Thanks

You computer is underpowered for PD 10.

You do not have a good video card and it only has 250 MB of Video Ram (not enough).

You have two Burner drives in that computer, a Blu-Ray and a DVD burner. That causes conflict between the two burners in Powerdirector.

You should remove (disconnect) the DVD burner. The Blu-ray drive can burn all disk formats, so you do not need the DVD burner.

The two burners may be the reason you can not burn disks in Powerdirector. Too much conflict, PD is confused about the Disk burning.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DBED123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2011 22:23 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I disabled the regular DVD burner... same results. I guess I may have to consider a new computer.
It is odd that I can produce a very complicated project with a lot of HD video and create an MPG file. It takes a while but it works. I guess the burn process is far more complex than producing? I like the burned DVD because I can have nice menus and navigation for the output instead of just one long video you get when you produce. Thanks
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: I disabled the regular DVD burner... same results. I guess I may have to consider a new computer.
It is odd that I can produce a very complicated project with a lot of HD video and create an MPG file. It takes a while but it works. I guess the burn process is far more complex than producing? I like the burned DVD because I can have nice menus and navigation for the output instead of just one long video you get when you produce. Thanks

If you can produce a MPG file, you can take some of the load off of the computer for disk burning if you remove every thing on the time line, and put that produced mpg file on the time line.

Add your chapter points, then Create Disk.

You can take more load off the computer if you burn a folder only, uncheck burn disk.

When you have a successful folder burn, you then use disk authoring software to burn the actual disk.

There is plenty of disk burning software around.

Imgburn is free. Search for it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2012 15:53