Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error code 394260080
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2017 03:51 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I keep getting the error code on the 4k bluray advisor that SGX isn't available but I have it enabled in Bios. What can I do to solve this. I have the latest drivers and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the intel drivers. Also, the intel settings have stopped coming up when I click on it from the right click menu and the Taskbar icon. Thanks.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Have you ever launched Windows Update additionally after enabling SGX on the BIOS?
There are new automatic or suggested updates exclusively for Intel SGX feature issue fixing.

Intel ME driver and firmware should be updated to the very latest version as well. It's an essential component to perform SGX.
[Post New]
Hi,

I have the same problem and get the same error code (with minus "-" ahead though, see screenshot)

Here the link to my post

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76623.page

I have all latest BIOS, drivers, windows updates, even re-installed windows... no succes

Thanks for any hint
[Thumb - Advisor.PNG]
 Filename
Advisor.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
370 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
46 time(s)
puma99dk| [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2018 12:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have this problem too with my Intel Core i7-8086K setup: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76826.page
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi alll, good to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I have installed the latest ME driver but didn't take away the SGX error. It's when I install the latest intel display driver that the intel display settings screen won't come up. Also, eventhough these two things are annoying, my 4k blurays play fine but I thought the new 18 version was supposed to spread out the display to full screen . So far, the 4k Apollo 13 won't stretch, it just stays them same aspect ratio no matter what I change it to.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 31. 2018 00:15

puma99dk| [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2018 12:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi alll, good to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I have installed the latest ME driver but didn't take away the SGX error. It's when I install the latest intel display driver that the intel display settings screen won't come up. Also, eventhough these two things are annoying, my 4k blurays play fine but I thought the new 18 version was supposed to spread out the display to full screen . So far, the 4k Apollo 13 won't stretch, it just stays them same aspect ratio no matter what I change it to.

My 4K UltraHD drive read the "Ghost in The Shell" disc but PowerDVD 18 refuses to play it doe.

Do you use your Intel Graphics? if not the kontrol panel won't come up that I think might be the reason you cannot find it.

I got a GTX 1080 Ti myself and I don't want to which to Intel UHD 630 I really hope it's playable without me having to use a HDMI cable for this.
[Post New]
Quote Also, eventhough these two things are annoying, my 4k blurays play fine

Hi, this is interessting...
Can you confirm that you can play UHD Blu-rays on your PC, although the advisor result says "SGX is not available"?
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi alll, good to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I have installed the latest ME driver but didn't take away the SGX error. It's when I install the latest intel display driver that the intel display settings screen won't come up. Also, eventhough these two things are annoying, my 4k blurays play fine but I thought the new 18 version was supposed to spread out the display to full screen . So far, the 4k Apollo 13 won't stretch, it just stays them same aspect ratio no matter what I change it to.

If you play a 16:9 4K BD, and play it on a 16:9 monitor, then no further stretch will work because the aspect ratio of your video and monitor are identical. (no base to crop it further unless you don't care about video stretch distortion.)

Some movies are produced from 2.35:1 aspect ratio shooting, but the videos are actually placed in 4K BD 16:9 specification/resolution.

If you play this kind of movie on a 16:9 monitor, you will get black bars on top and bottom side because they are "part" of the movie video to fit "16:9" 4k BD specification.

The best fit display device to play those 2.35:1 movie discs is 21:9 ultra wide monitor. (powerdvd 18 will help you crop the black bars to let 16:9 4K BD playback fill the 21:9 monitor.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31. 2018 06:07

Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]

My 4K UltraHD drive read the "Ghost in The Shell" disc but PowerDVD 18 refuses to play it doe.

Do you use your Intel Graphics? if not the kontrol panel won't come up that I think might be the reason you cannot find it.

I got a GTX 1080 Ti myself and I don't want to which to Intel UHD 630 I really hope it's playable without me having to use a HDMI cable for this.

Yes, I am using intel graphics. Intel graphics is the only platform that will play UHD blurays unfortuanately.
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]

If you play a 16:9 4K BD, and play it on a 16:9 monitor, then no further stretch will work because the aspect ratio of your video and monitor are identical. (no base to crop it further unless you don't care about video stretch distortion.)

Some movies are produced from 2.35:1 aspect ratio shooting, but the videos are actually placed in 4K BD 16:9 specification/resolution.

If you play this kind of movie on a 16:9 monitor, you will get black bars on top and bottom side because they are "part" of the movie video to fit "16:9" 4k BD specification.

The best fit display device to play those 2.35:1 movie discs is 21:9 ultra wide monitor. (powerdvd 18 will help you crop the black bars to let 16:9 4K BD playback fill the 21:9 monitor.)

OIc, thanks.
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi, this is interessting...
Can you confirm that you can play UHD Blu-rays on your PC, although the advisor result says "SGX is not available"?
a

Hi Michael, yes, my 4K blurays play fine eventhough the advisor says SGX not available. Got to be a windows update that did it. Hopefully it will go away later. I know if I update my intel drivers it won’t play the sound correctly with HD sound so I had to install the outdated driver from the asrock site.
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]
a

Hi Michael, yes, my 4K blurays play fine eventhough the advisor says SGX not available. Got to be a windows update that did it. Hopefully it will go away later. I know if I update my intel drivers it won’t play the sound correctly with HD sound so I had to install the outdated driver from the asrock site.

Also, when I updated my BIOS to 2.50 it messed up the HDCP 2.2. It now won't play 4k blurays. Someone let me know if they are having this problem. I've read somewhere else that it has to do with the keys for the HDCP 2.2 not working with the BIOS and ME version. Gonna try somethings to get it to work.
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I have the same problem and get the same error code (with minus "-" ahead though, see screenshot)

Here the link to my post

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76623.page

I have all latest BIOS, drivers, windows updates, even re-installed windows... no succes

Thanks for any hint

Hi Micheal, are you using the Asrock Fatal1ty z220 gaming board and did you just update the Bios? If so, I’ve been told that it’s the Bios update that messed us up by some others who do Bios mods. I am now getting an HDCP 2.2 unavailable as well.
[Post New]
Quote/ Hi Micheal, are you using the Asrock Fatal1ty z220 gaming board and did you just update the Bios? If so, I’ve been told that it’s the Bios update that messed us up by some others who do Bios mods. I am now getting an HDCP 2.2 unavailable as well. /Quote

Hi Duggyhow656,
I have the Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming Itx/ac Motherboard and upgraded to BIOS (3.10). I could never get SGX confirmed on advisor after I upgraded (before the BIOS upgrade SGX was ok on advisor). HDCP is not yet confirmed, because I don’t have the display yet.
[Post New]
I also should mention that I opened a support ticket. After some days of information that I provided, I was told that my system looks ok, and I should ignore the advisor result, and come back to them in case powerDVD cannot play an UHD blu-ray
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Quote/ Hi Micheal, are you using the Asrock Fatal1ty z220 gaming board and did you just update the Bios? If so, I’ve been told that it’s the Bios update that messed us up by some others who do Bios mods. I am now getting an HDCP 2.2 unavailable as well. /Quote

Hi Duggyhow656,
I have the Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming Itx/ac Motherboard and upgraded to BIOS (3.10). I could never get SGX confirmed on advisor after I upgraded (before the BIOS upgrade SGX was ok on advisor). HDCP is not yet confirmed, because I don’t have the display yet.

Oic, thanks for the info, let me know if you have a problem with HDCP 2.2 when u get a compatible monitor. Asrock won’t admit that it’s their bios that messed up the hand shake but I think it is. The firmware of the Bios does matter for sure in 4K Blu-ray playback.
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Oic, thanks for the info, let me know if you have a problem with HDCP 2.2 when u get a compatible monitor. Asrock won’t admit that it’s their bios that messed up the hand shake but I think it is. The firmware of the Bios does matter for sure in 4K Blu-ray playback.

An update to this error: I reinstalled windows build 1709. I had the latest version which must have messed up SGX. After doing that I now have Pass by SGX and ME but HDCP 2.2 is still unavailable. Not sure what else to try. Asrock says it’s not their BIOS update that did it. Yet, right after I did the update, is when the HDCP messed up. Mmmm...
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I do recall that on Intel motherboards that you can revert to the previous bios. You can do the same on the ASrock mb to see if it fixes the problem. See this post: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9259&title=bios-rollback-on-fatal1ty-x370-gaming-k4 .
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I do recall that on Intel motherboards that you can revert to the previous bios. You can do the same on the ASrock mb to see if it fixes the problem. See this post: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9259&title=bios-rollback-on-fatal1ty-x370-gaming-k4 .

Hi Tom, I tried that but it still says HDCP 2.2 is unavailable. I’m stumped. Thinking of sending the board back. Not sure whatelse to try. Already did a Windows clean install of 1709, all drivers up to date. Something malfunctioning on board. Thanks though. Anything else, just let me know, thanks agaIn.

Update: I was able to fix this by doing a downgrade of BIOS and a reset of CMOS did the trick.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 08. 2018 16:44