Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Download link expiration question
kronpano [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2018 06:27 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

might be a bit of a general question but I ordered Power Director 16 online that's why I ask here.

Ordered it on the 22 of Jan and started raising an error on the 25th.
Up to that point I had downloaded the main program, played with it and found a problem with 360 video processing.
After 5 times back and forth ( I attached a screencast the first time how it is easily possible to recreate the error with only build in examples ) the error has been accepted on the 23rd of February - about one month later with this response.
"With regards to your previous concern, we would like to inform you that we are able to reproduce the issue in our lab and an engineer is assigned to check the issue."

I still don't know if the error will be resolved but hey - I thought - lets download all the stuff and wait.

But no - I can't any more because the download links have expired.

Now I checked my order confirmation, my online order and so far I have been unable to find where I am being told that they expire in 30 days.
I totally acknowledge that I should have just downloaded everything right away but I was really unaware of this link expiry.
Yes I know - I can get an extended download for £6 but I would still like to know where I can find the 30 day expiry business.

So I can't download content packs, Audio Director or travel packs which I have actually paid for.

Not sure how much I will miss all of them - especially since my main concern is 360 video - has anybody a view on how useful all those content packs are for 360 video??

And please point me to the 30 day expiry stuff.

Thanks.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Each supplier will, no doubt, have therir own reasons for choosing their preferred method of securing their software distribution, perhaps bandwidth, perhaps server configuration or just cost?

CL currently use a time limited download link, rather than an account based download.

Whichever case, many experienced users take to storing their downloaded installation files somewhere secure, on or off site, so that they are availble under their own control. Even account based remote storage can suffer glitches from time to time!!

If you raise the issue with Customer Support, giving all the purchase details etc. then once they can valiadate your purchase they should be able to provide you with a new download link so that you can access all the installation files.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
kronpano [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2018 06:27 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Each supplier will, no doubt, have therir own reasons for choosing their preferred method of securing their software distribution, perhaps bandwidth, perhaps server configuration or just cost?

CL currently use a time limited download link, rather than an account based download.

Whichever case, many experienced users take to storing their downloaded installation files somewhere secure, on or off site, so that they are availble under their own control. Even account based remote storage can suffer glitches from time to time!!

If you raise the issue with Customer Support, giving all the purchase details etc. then once they can valiadate your purchase they should be able to provide you with a new download link so that you can access all the installation files.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for the answer and OK, fair enough but is this mentioned anywhere??
I checked my confirmation email and online account and so far I could not find any mention of the link expiry.
Should that not be mentioned somewhere?? Then I would have downloaded all the files first but since I didn't know I only installed what seemed necessary and wanted to look at additional stuff later.

That is why I am asking where I can find the information on link expiry.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

My information is that the original email setting out the download links etc. would normally notify the 30 day link expiration date.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
TheReal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2019 09:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I too was unaware of the key expiration. I purchased the product from a retailer. Used one of the install keys but didn't actually use the product until a couple months later.

Now I'm SOL. Or at least until i get a response from CyberLink

= /