Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink 13 do no find projects
Seppo Sakari
Newbie Location: Finland Joined: Dec 13, 2017 07:48 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Here is videoclips properties in picture. I will after a moment look after Hardware Accleration.

<a>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/Finneptun/PowerDirector%20file%20properties.jpg</a>

Hardware Accleration is enabled, Open GL is not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2018 12:17

Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here is videoclips properties in picture. I will after a moment look after Hardware Accleration.

<a>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/Finneptun/PowerDirector%20file%20properties.jpg</a>

Hardware Accleration is enabled, Open GL is not.

OK, try disabling it and see what happens.

If that doesn't work try this:

Take ONE clip and use something like Handbrake to re-encode it to the MP4 format with AAC audio format. Does that work??

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
I am also using Power Director 13 and, apart from slight variations in video and audio bitrates, those properties are identical to my .M2TS library files. Needless to say I don't have any issues with audio so I would say those clips should work without the necessity of conversion. However I would agree that it might be instructive to do as Robert suggests as an experiment. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
I tried to remove Hardware Acceleration. No change, no original sounds.

I am very sorry, but I would not start editing original video clips. I have also them in other video editing programs and they work great for the original sounds. As IT journalist I have tested a numbver of them. Likewise, CL 11-12 has never had any audio problems before. The reason for me now is that the CL 13 prograqm i'm running does not work. How should to manage in this case? Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I tried to remove Hardware Acceleration. No change, no original sounds.

I am very sorry, but I would not start editing original video clips. I have also them in other video editing programs and they work great for the original sounds. As IT journalist I have tested a numbver of them. Likewise, CL 11-12 has never had any audio problems before. The reason for me now is that the CL 13 prograqm i'm running does not work. How should to manage in this case?

Sappo

I'm sorry, but I can think of nothing else if you are not willing to try a conversion of a file.

I now believe that there is something fundamentally wrong with your version of PD13. Mike, who has files similar to yours, says that his work fine. H.A. disabling has made no difference and a search of all the audio settings in PD has proved fruitless.

I can only think that your reinstalling of Windows has changed something. I dont know what others will think, but I would now try uninstalling PD13 and reinstalling the program.

Other than that, I have no further suggestions to make.

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
To re-cap, you get no sound in Power Director apart from the audio you have added in the music tracks. I was going to suggest that maybe the audio track 1 was disabled in some way even though it is checked but since clips played directly from the media library also lack sound it seems to rule that out.

The fact that you can play the files in other applications also appears to rule out a missing codec. Therefore I'm inclined to agree with Robert that there is something wrong with your Power Director installation. If you decide to try a re-install make sure you clear the registry of all entries relating to Power Director. The standard Windows un-installer will not do this. There is a free Cyberlink utility that will do it. Personally I use the free version of Revo Uninstaller.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 03. 2018 10:04

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
OK, thank you very much Robert and Mike. I will remove the CL 13 program and its registy entries. And will reinstall it. I'll tell you the results after a few days, because I am couple of days away.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/Finneptun/Files%20in%20original%20clips.jpg

Here's a link to a picture. It is from the original videofiles. There are the original sound included in all m2ts files, as it should. Each of these m2ts files can be run with media players on the machine. You see one beach picture highlighted, whose wawes sound well.

I'll be back. Seppo Sakari
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Hello again, here we're on the spot, albeit get a little bit cold. I'm only preparing to make the operation. First is needed to ask a couple questions. After the normal Power Director 13 removal, the following folders is still on the machine:

• Power Dirfector 13 Content Pack Essential, 4.43 Gb, 33531 files

• Power Director, 1,0 Gb, 18771 files

I don't know what they are. The latter could be a part of previous installations. Do I also remowe these two? On the machine is Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, wich I'm accustomed to using. Would I use Eusing to remove unusable registry entries? Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Hello again, here we're on the spot, albeit get a little bit cold. I'm only preparing to make the operation. First is needed to ask a couple questions. After the normal Power Director 13 removal, the following folders is still on the machine:

• Power Dirfector 13 Content Pack Essential, 4.43 Gb, 33531 files

• Power Director, 1,0 Gb, 18771 files

I don't know what they are. The latter could be a part of previous installations. Do I also remowe these two? On the machine is Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, wich I'm accustomed to using. Would I use Eusing to remove unusable registry entries?

Hi Seppo

It's difficult to advise as we don't know what those files are. The general consensus is to transfer those files to an external drive just in case.

Then reinstall and hope that it all works OK. If those files are needed you will have them available to you. However, I would think that reinstalling would install all the necessary files required. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Many thanks. I did this and reinstalled CyberLink 13. Bad news. The original soungs will still not be in the program. They do not come in original videoclips and they are not part of old projects. I think there is anything else to do for this.

I was thinking that when get time I can try to download this to my Win 10 machine. However, could no longer find the download link for free of charge CL 13. The insatallation may be done by transferring the downloaded file from the Win 7 machine. See if it is function then.

Tanks you very much for all! But I have to loock to see this thing is there. cry Well hello! Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Many thanks. I did this and reinstalled CyberLink 13. Bad news. The original soungs will still not be in the program. They do not come in original videoclips and they are not part of old projects. I think there is anything else to do for this.

I was thinking that when get time I can try to download this to my Win 10 machine. However, could no longer find the download link for free of charge CL 13. The insatallation may be done by transferring the downloaded file from the Win 7 machine. See if it is function then.

Tanks you very much for all! But I have to loock to see this thing is there. cry Well hello!

Well Seppo, Longedge, Fenman and myself have tried and failed.

I have one very last suggestion.

Try downloading the 30 day free trial version of PD16 and see if that works. Nothing to lose.

Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
I am still here. I find the download link for free CyberLink 13 and download it to Win 10 machine. Hi, there is the same problem, no original sounds. It is maybe the software or something when I try to download original klips. Do I use "Import Media Folders" or "Media Files"? Win 10 transfer told something that "Selectred file contain no RichVideo information to display scene information, do you want to generate it now". What it means?

Will you kindly help me again? I will now study all possibilities, what it is and how to correct it. Also study CL 14 trial verson. May take litle time. Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote I am still here. I find the download link for free CyberLink 13 and download it to Win 10 machine. Hi, there is the same problem, no original sounds. It is maybe the software or something when I try to download original klips. Do I use "Import Media Folders" or "Media Files"? Win 10 transfer told something that "Selectred file contain no RichVideo information to display scene information, do you want to generate it now". What it means?

Will you kindly help me again? I will now study all possibilities, what it is and how to correct it. Also study CL 14 trial verson. May take litle time.

Hi Seppo

From CL product info Frequently asked questions:

What is Cyberlink Rich Video (CLRV) and how do I use it?
CLRV can save an enormous amount of production time by reusing video file information created by MagicCut or Scene Detection functions. PowerDirector stores the information within the files, ensuring that the next time these features are used on the same files, the speed of production is dramatically improved. You can check CyberLink's rich media technology by accessing "Preferences".

CLRV voi säästää valtavaa tuotantoaikaa käyttämällä uudelleen MagicCut- tai Scene Detection -toiminnoilla luotuja videotiedostojen tietoja. PowerDirector tallentaa tiedot tiedostoihin varmistaen, että seuraavalla kerralla, kun näitä ominaisuuksia käytetään samoissa tiedostoissa, tuotannon nopeus paranee huomattavasti. Voit tarkistaa CyberLinkin multimediatekniikan siirtymällä kohtaan "Preferences".

Sorry about the translation, my Finnish is rubbish

I did suggest the free trial version of PD16!!! This may have a missing codec

Import Media files: Use this option If you just want to load a small amount of clips, but no all in a folder.
Import Media Folder: Use this option if you want to load ALL the clips in folder.

Fenman
[Post New]
Hi Seppo,

I was busy typing out the following reply but Robert beat me to it laughing :-

Sorry we haven't been able to help you (so far). RichVideo is not connected to the problems you are having. You can find a brief description of what it does here. I would decline the offer to generate it, at least for the moment.

The problem is baffling. You have clips that play fine in media player applications, which implies that the sound stream is present and the correct codec is installed, yet they won't play in PD13 on two different platforms using software that's been independantly downloaded. There doesn't seem to be any common factor. Furthermore these clips presumably worked in PD13 before you had to re-install W7 and the only thing that changed was the assignment of the drive letters. That shouldn't have affected anything.

I wonder where you found the download for PD13. Cyberlink doesn't usually maintain these links once new versions have been released. Did you get it from the Cyberlink website or a third-party site? It might be safer to do as Robert suggested and try the trial version of PD16 from Cyberlink.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas at the moment. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Robert: Your Finnish is very good, much better than my English.

Complete history. Destroyed registry caused the Win 7 reinstallation. Previously I did not have CL 13 but CL 11 and it was upgraded to CL 12. These I have doing my projects. They never had difficulties with the sound. They were in the same partition wich now have a different letter, including all the video files.

It was impossible to activate old CL softwares. I search repacement from internet and found a free CL 13 porgram, a CyberLink giveway product. Here's a link to it:

https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/Giveaway/Giveaway/PDR13/index.jsphttps://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/Giveaway/Giveaway/PDR13/index.jsp

My use is good enough for CL 14 (i.e. PL 14). As the demads of these softas still increase, and my Win 7 machine is no longer new, the CL 14 is, for the time being, a good solution for me. I think CL 16 is exellent and some day I will get it. But now next time I will make a new video after summer next fall. Maybe CL 14 can to point out that this audio problem was in free version that is currently coming out of the net.

I will tell you the results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2018 07:37

Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Robert: Your Finnish is very good, much better than my English.

Complete history. Destroyed registry caused the Win 7 reinstallation. Previously I did not have CL 13 but CL 11 and it was upgraded to CL 12. These I have doing my projects. They never had difficulties with the sound. They were in the same partition wich now have a different letter, including all the video files.

It was impossible to activate old CL softwares. I search repacement from internet and found a free CL 13 porgram, a CyberLink giveway product. Here's a link to it:

https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/Giveaway/Giveaway/PDR13/index.jsphttps://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/Giveaway/Giveaway/PDR13/index.jsp

My use is good enough for CL 14 (i.e. PL 14). As the demads of these softas still increase, and my Win 7 machine is no longer new, the CL 14 is, for the time being, a good solution for me. I think CL 16 is exellent and some day I will get it. But now next time I will make a new video after summer next fall. Maybe CL 14 can to point out that this audio problem was in free version that is currently coming out of the net.

I will tell you the results.

Hi Seppo

PD13 LE: This version is a watered down version, and given free in the hope that it will entice people to upgrade to a full version. I did not know that this was the version that you were working with. It is quite possible that this watering down may be the reason that your clips do not play. It is quite possible that the LE version does not support Dolby Digital sound, it is for this reason that I wanted you to convert one file to another format.

I did not suggest that you buy PD16, but I really do suggest that you download the free 30 DAY TRIAL version as soon as possible. If you do this now it will tell us for sure if it is the PD13LE version that is causing the problem. Doing this will allow to put this extended thread to bed.

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2018 10:37

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
OK, I did so. I installed the PD 16 trial version. It worked for sound as it should. The trial version is only for experimentation and makes some watermarks. So I do not really work with it. Anyway I will test is the power of the machine enough for it. Seems so that PD 13 does not make me cheaper than this 16.

The case has therefore resolved. It is unfortunate that CyberLink will not inform what is missing of the software.

Finaly, I thank you Robert and all the participants! Hopefully we will still be able to discuss some other issues. When you know Finnish, here is my IT site. There is own part, among others, for "picture programs" (photos and videos).

https://neptunet.net/

It can also be translated by Google, wich is not good because the Finnish language is difficult. Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote OK, I did so. I installed the PD 16 trial version. It worked for sound as it should. The trial version is only for experimentation and makes some watermarks. So I do not really work with it. Anyway I will test is the power of the machine enough for it. Seems so that PD 13 does not make me cheaper than this 16.

The case has therefore resolved. It is unfortunate that CyberLink will not inform what is missing of the software.

Finaly, I thank you Robert and all the participants! Hopefully we will still be able to discuss some other issues. When you know Finnish, here is my IT site. There is own part, among others, for "picture programs" (photos and videos).

https://neptunet.net/

It can also be translated by Google, wich is not good because the Finnish language is difficult.

That's good news at last.

I had a look at your web site, and thought the cartoon on the Hymyhuulet page was very topical.

Anyway, Seppo, don't be a stranger.

Fenman
[Post New]
So it looks as if Robert has nailed the problem at last. The final piece of the jigsaw was the revelation that you were using a LE - Limited Edition - of PD13.

I'm glad you've got it resolved at last. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system: