Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can someone explain how good or bad "motion still" is in PhD 9?
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I appreciate to read your experiences with PHD 9 and "motion still". Is this last trick really interesting? I have seen the tutorial of CL and it looks nice but what are your impressions? The trial version does not activate this trick that I know?

Thanks.

Alain II
[Post New]
Hello Alain II,

Another question on the Motion Stills feature was discussed here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63910.page

I would say how good/bad it works depends on (a) how much use you have for it & (b) how carefully the motion area is masked. Having only used it to create a small number of GIFs (about 6-7) I found it very easy to use and produced results very quickly. From video import to Gif export takes only a few minutes, depending on the complexity of the masking.

The edge of the mask is a critical area. If it's not carefully done, the quality of the motion still (.gif) is detrimentally affected.

These are NOT exemplars, just two I've made. The first is from a short clip of a flowing stream. The second is from a timelapse video of evening traffic.

Attached is a screenshot showing the masking stage of the traffic example. The GIF would have been better had I kept the mask edge aligned with the lane markings.

PIX
[Thumb - PhD_Motion Stills mask.png]
 Filename
PhD_Motion Stills mask.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1803 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Alain II,

Another question on the Motion Stills feature was discussed here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63910.page

I would say how good/bad it works depends on (a) how much use you have for it & (b) how carefully the motion area is masked. Having only used it to create a small number of GIFs (about 6-7) I found it very easy to use and produced results very quickly. From video import to Gif export takes only a few minutes, depending on the complexity of the masking.

The edge of the mask is a critical area. If it's not carefully done, the quality of the motion still (.gif) is detrimentally affected.

These are NOT exemplars, just two I've made. The first is from a short clip of a flowing stream. The second is from a timelapse video of evening traffic.

Attached is a screenshot showing the masking stage of the traffic example. The GIF would have been better had I kept the mask edge aligned with the lane markings.

PIX

Hello Pix,

Thanks for your reply. These are interesting tricks FX's. A nice asset!

All the best.

Alain II