Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photodirector 9 pre sales question re:cinemagraphs
360vids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2016 02:51 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I'm planning on updating to PD9 for cinemagraphs. Can it export cinemagraphs as high res video instead of gifs?

Thanks
[Post New]
Hello 360vids,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum if you've not been welcomed before. Welcome in any case. laughing

The purpose of a cinemagraph, or Motion Still in PhD terms, is to create a looping animation. PhD exports these in GIF format only, because that's the most appropriate format.

As far as resolution is concerned, you can export the GIF in high resolution (i.e. the resolution of the original video), but that takes more processing time & results in higher file size. These may not be significant considerations for you.

e.g. Original video: 1920x1080 - 11 sec - 17.5MB

Exported GIF: 1920x1080 - 25.5MB, 1200x675 - 10.8MB, 960x540 - 7.25MB

PIX PIX YouTube channel
360vids [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know it should be looping. I use the Flixel Pro cinemagraph app for Mac and it can export in MP4 for higher quality video. The problem with gifs is the reduced color palette and larger file sizes. Facebook and Instagram will take cinemagraphs in video format. Do you know if PD9 have plans to at least have the option to export in video format?

Thanks!

Quote Hello 360vids,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum if you've not been welcomed before. Welcome in any case. laughing

The purpose of a cinemagraph, or Motion Still in PhD terms, is to create a looping animation. PhD exports these in GIF format only, because that's the most appropriate format.

As far as resolution is concerned, you can export the GIF in high resolution (i.e. the resolution of the original video), but that takes more processing time & results in higher file size. These may not be significant considerations for you.

e.g. Original video: 1920x1080 - 11 sec - 17.5MB

Exported GIF: 1920x1080 - 25.5MB, 1200x675 - 10.8MB, 960x540 - 7.25MB

PIX
[Post New]
Hello 360vids,

Here's some good news for you. Our friends at CyberLink have taken note of your suggestion to enable export in video format as well as GIF.

As you read this, it's quite possible that people in the development team are considering if & how your idea could be incorporated into PhD.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
360vids [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks to you and the CL team for responding.

Quote Hello 360vids,

Here's some good news for you. Our friends at CyberLink have taken note of your suggestion to enable export in video format as well as GIF.

As you read this, it's quite possible that people in the development team are considering if & how your idea could be incorporated into PhD.

PIX