Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I use PowerDirector like OBS for Twitch.TV streaming?
Axwack [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2017 22:54 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Can Powerdirector be used for Twitch streaming? OBS has this capability and was wondering if Powerdirector could accomplish the same thing as well?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can Powerdirector be used for Twitch streaming? OBS has this capability and was wondering if Powerdirector could accomplish the same thing as well?

Power Director or Power DVD?

if you have a program that works for you, why look for another? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Axwack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Can Powerdirector be used for Twitch streaming? OBS has this capability and was wondering if Powerdirector could accomplish the same thing as well?

Power Director or Power DVD?

if you have a program that works for you, why look for another?

Not to sound flippant but do you like context switching? Software has a learning curve. This one in particular, Powerdirector, does as well. I prefer all my creative and digital artifacts to be in one place. That’s the primary reason I want it all in Power Director so ilI don’t have to use different software to do similar things.

Do you know if PD can do this? Do you know what OBS is?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
"Do you know if PD can do this?"

In a word no, whereas OBS claims to be for/capable of live streaming. I've never looked at it so have no personal experience.

PDR is specifically non linear editing software. It already has some 'extraneous' features such as uploaders which I think are best left to the apps meant for that purpose. I believe that a proper tool built for the job is much to be preferred.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
No, Yes

Did you try? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Axwack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote No, Yes

Did you try?

IF you mean, after you wrote this post no but I did look and it seems that the thing that it can do is screen capture (not sure if at 60fps). I checked out OBS and it's more like a real time production system where you can overlays on the system.