Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
crop image greyed out?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
I put a video in the timeline. When I go to "edit video image" crop image is greyed out. Why is that? Thanks
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I put a video in the timeline. When I go to "edit video image" crop image is greyed out. Why is that? Thanks
Because you have a video selected, More Features > Edit Video/image > Crop image works on a still image only.

For a video you can use Power Tools > Crop and Zoom.

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I put a video in the timeline. When I go to "edit video image" crop image is greyed out. Why is that? Thanks
Because you have a video selected, More Features > Edit Video/image > Crop image works on a still image only.

For a video you can use Power Tools > Crop and Zoom.

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2017 22:39

djhurlburt91 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2018 08:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a similar issue. I tried the "trial" version and not all features were available for trial. So the company suggested I buy the software and if I didn't like it, I could get a refund. That said, when I downloaded the purchased software and entered my key, it does NOT appear that any new features are available. There are 'samples' that come with the product and I don't seem to be able to operate on them. Example: I select a .JPG file and still the Edit->Edit Item->{all items in the choice list} are greyed out. Cannot do anything with the file. If I select an .mp4 sample (or import one myself), I cannot "zoom" in as this thread suggests. There isn't even a "Power Tools > Crop and Zoom" available to me. Please help. I'm a newbie, but and this software is not intuitive or user friendly imo as of my initial use.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
djhurlburt91 - This post is solved. You need to start a new post like the OP above to get the best response.

The above post works only if you highlight an asset that you placed on the timeline and not if you highlight something in the media library. You cannot edit anything in the media library. Everything is grayed out in Edit/Edit Item as you have found. You can only perform edits on assets on the timeline and then only if you highlight it first by clicking on it. I haven’t found any consumer video editing software that this is not true.