Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD 17, 3D playback not working Nvidia
NZRyan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2017 02:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get 3D play back working with Nvidia cards?, I have a gtx 1080ti and windows 7 (latest patches and latest nvidia driver).

I set the 1080 24 3D mode in windows, then launch Power DVD, (select hdmi 1.4 1080 24 in 3d options, and play 3D content as 3D) Power DVD thinks its playing in 3D and plays the disc, the glasses flicker like they do in 3D (they do that right fom setting the 3D video mode in windows), but there is no 3D depth and both eyes seem to have the same picture ( thats why no depth).

When running the 3D setup in Nvidia control panel it all seems ok, I get the seperate pictures each eye etc.

From the searching I've been doing, it sounds like Cyberlink always have this problem with Nvidia, funny when I had my AMD R290x, 3D worked perfectly everytime, now with my new Nvidia card it just wont work right, and very frustrating.

I tried Display Driver Remover a few times, and fiddling with various settings, but just cant get it to work, any ideas?

Thanks, Ryan
Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

From the searching I've been doing, it sounds like Cyberlink always have this problem with Nvidia, funny when I had my AMD R290x, 3D worked perfectly everytime, now with my new Nvidia card it just wont work right, and very frustrating.

Thanks, Ryan

Yes this issue has a very long historyfrown. I had the same problem with an Nvidia GTX 1050Ti and PowerDVD 15 and despite much effort never got working. I had to go back to my AMD for my HTPC while the GTX 1050Ti sits underused in my Desktop PC. That was despite the fact that the Nvidia would play 3D from mkv/mvc rips using the MPC-HC player, so for me the problem is with PowerDVD. I have held off upgrading to 16/17 pending a positive feedback that this Nvidia/3D problemwas fixed, sadly it looks like it hasn't been.yell

Not much help I know, but good luck and please report back on any progress as I really like PowerDVD but need 3D to work with Nvidia.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2017 03:54

Joe
spc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2017 15:42 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Try leave pdvd running for some seconds after movie playback starts and the 3D depth may suddenly appear

Strange but this worked for me!
x7007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2014 01:09 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try leave pdvd running for some seconds after movie playback starts and the 3D depth may suddenly appear

I have an issue with 3D with Windows 10 Fall Creators with Nvidia 1080GTX 387.92 . in 3D Bluray it just goes in to 3D - 2D loop and the screen keeps blinking every sec, I can't do anything expect but CTRL + ALT + DEL and Sign off windows. one time I couldn't even boot because I didn't get signal from TV becuase of something that happened with the 3D to 2D changing, needed to boot safe mode and uninstall driver and reinstall .

but the issue still didn't fix. I even installed the newest powerdvd 17 patch and still the issue still.

I tested WinDVD12 Pro and it works fine in 3D.

PowerDVD 17.0.2101.62

What's wrong with PowerDVD17 with Windows 10 Fall Creators ?

It was working just fine before the windows 10 update 1709, with 160x and 1703
Sleasyridr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2016 11:19 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try leave pdvd running for some seconds after movie playback starts and the 3D depth may suddenly appear

I have an issue with 3D with Windows 10 Fall Creators with Nvidia 1080GTX 387.92 . in 3D Bluray it just goes in to 3D - 2D loop and the screen keeps blinking every sec, I can't do anything expect but CTRL + ALT + DEL and Sign off windows. one time I couldn't even boot because I didn't get signal from TV becuase of something that happened with the 3D to 2D changing, needed to boot safe mode and uninstall driver and reinstall .

but the issue still didn't fix. I even installed the newest powerdvd 17 patch and still the issue still.

PowerDVD 17.0.2101.62

I am having the same issue!!!!

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">I have an issue with 3D with Windows 10 Fall Creators with Nvidia 1060 387.92 . in 3D Bluray it just goes in to 3D - 2D loop and the screen keeps blinking every sec, I can't do anything expect but CTRL + ALT + DEL and Sign off windows.</span>

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">I have installed the newest powerdvd update for the fall creators support.</span>

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">The same 3D movies will play using Corel WinDVD without a problem so it must be a PowerDVD issue. </span>
x7007 [Avatar]
[Post New]

PowerDVD 17.0.2101.62

I am having the same issue!!!!

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">I have an issue with 3D with Windows 10 Fall Creators with Nvidia 1060 387.92 . in 3D Bluray it just goes in to 3D - 2D loop and the screen keeps blinking every sec, I can't do anything expect but CTRL + ALT + DEL and Sign off windows.</span>

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">I have installed the newest powerdvd update for the fall creators support.</span>

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">The same 3D movies will play using Corel WinDVD without a problem so it must be a PowerDVD issue. </span>

did you try other driver? like 385.69 ir 385?. can you test? I think it's issue with wddm 2.3 that nvidia support but maybe with bugs or powerdvd doesn't
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Since x7007 and Sleasyridr have hijacked this thread would they at least confirm that they were able to play 3D Blurays using Nvidia GPUs and PowerDVD 17, also what if anything they needed to do extra to get it working e.g. change default settings etc. Joe
x7007 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Since x7007 and Sleasyridr have hijacked this thread would they at least confirm that they were able to play 3D Blurays using Nvidia GPUs and PowerDVD 17, also what if anything they needed to do extra to get it working e.g. change default settings etc.

I didn't hjacked, I just confirmed what is happening to me..... what ........ all that I wrote I said I have an issue and powerDVD17 doesn't work with 3D

Well and again, it doesn't work for me in 3D if it's not understood
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Since x7007 and Sleasyridr have hijacked this thread would they at least confirm that they were able to play 3D Blurays using Nvidia GPUs and PowerDVD 17, also what if anything they needed to do extra to get it working e.g. change default settings etc.

I didn't hjacked, I just confirmed what is happening to me..... what ........ all that I wrote I said I have an issue and powerDVD17 doesn't work with 3D

Sorry but it looked to me like you were reporting a new problem following the installation of the Win 10 Creators Fall update.

So was 3D playback working for you before the update and if so did you need to do anything with the settings etc. to get it working with an Nvidia GPU or did it work out of the box? Joe
x7007 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sorry but it looked to me like you were reporting a new problem following the installation of the Win 10 Creators Fall update.

So was 3D playback working for you before the update and if so did you need to do anything with the settings etc. to get it working with an Nvidia GPU or did it work out of the box?

3D playback was working perfect with 1703 creators , yes before 1709 Fall Creators update. nothing needed to be change, it was using NVidia 3D Vision/3DTV just the one that comes with the NVidia drivers, nothing to download from other place, just nvidia drivers + 3D Vision , and using HDMI 1.4 3D option in PowerDVD17 . 3D was working fine for all 3D movies.
x7007 [Avatar]
[Post New]

So was 3D playback working for you before the update and if so did you need to do anything with the settings etc. to get it working with an Nvidia GPU or did it work out of the box?

3D playback was working perfect with 1703 creators , yes before 1709 Fall Creators update. nothing needed to be change, it was using NVidia 3D Vision/3DTV just the one that comes with the NVidia drivers, nothing to download from other place, just nvidia drivers + 3D Vision , and using HDMI 1.4 3D option in PowerDVD17 . 3D was working fine for all 3D movies.

Did you guys check if it's Nvida Drivers issue ?? jut download 385.69 or 382.41 or something and check . tell us if it works. I mean this is the only thing I can think of that you can check easy. I would check but you seem to just saying powerdvd to fix it and not really debugging anything.
laledan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2017 10:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem for me with amd r9 290x
Sleasyridr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Opps sorry I "hijacked" the thread. I though I was just replying to that message.

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f4f4f4;">I am having the same issue!!!! </span>

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f4f4f4;">I have an issue with 3D with Windows 10 Fall Creators with Nvidia 1060 387.92 . in 3D Bluray it just goes in to 3D - 2D loop and the screen keeps blinking every sec, I can't do anything expect but CTRL + ALT + DEL and Sign off windows.</span>

Sometimes after getting to the sign off option I can hear the video playing in the background but if I return to Powerdvd the blinking loop cycle continues and will sometime eventually crash and I have sent in the report.

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f4f4f4;">I have installed the newest powerdvd update for the fall creators support.</span>

I have tried doing a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers and that did not solve the problem.

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f4f4f4;">The same 3D movies will play using Corel WinDVD without a problem so it must be a PowerDVD issue.</span>

<span style="font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f4f4f4;">not sure why I am getting html tags with disable html checked ;-(</span>

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2017 15:56

NZRyan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2017 02:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Finally got mine working, after installing the latest nVidia Drivers and the latest PDVD 17 patch, it still didnt work, but I then changed Power DVD to 'TV' mode, and it started working properly for 3D Blu Ray's, but does not seem to work in 'PC' mode, I wonder if thats related to nVidia's 3D option where you have to buy an add on for gaming and 3D tv support (I think that still applies? perhaps 'PC' mode changes something here and nVidia Drivers start thinking game mode, and 'TV' mode confirms its just a TV so nVidia is happy to play the blu ray in 3d, totally a wild guess though.), anyway using 'TV' mode in Power DVD for me now makes 3D Blu Rays play correctly in 3D through my nVidia 1080Ti to both the 3D TV and 3D projector.
Sleasyridr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nice catch NZRyan but switching to TV mode didn't work for me. Just downloaded latest Nvidia driver 388.00 Still the same issue it keeps blanking out and back. When I CTR ALT DEL and get the logout menu I can hear the video playing in the background and if I cancel it I see the 3D video for a second and then it goes back to flashing.

Any other help from users or Cyberlink would be appreciated.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
x7007 and Sleasyridr

Please open support tickets, I have the same problem as you and already have a ticket open (albeit with german support :/) so the more people opening tickets the more they see that there is an actual problem they need to fix.

Currently they have me install incompatible drivers and try with those. funny enough, if you install older than 387.92 drivers you can't even activate 3d in the control panel anymore, it crashes as soon as it tries to display the 3d picture where you are supposed to select what you see in left and right eye.

So there is definitely something changed in the fall creators update in regards to how it handels 3d modes.
x7007 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote x7007 and Sleasyridr

Please open support tickets, I have the same problem as you and already have a ticket open (albeit with german support :/) so the more people opening tickets the more they see that there is an actual problem they need to fix.

Currently they have me install incompatible drivers and try with those. funny enough, if you install older than 387.92 drivers you can't even activate 3d in the control panel anymore, it crashes as soon as it tries to display the 3d picture where you are supposed to select what you see in left and right eye.

So there is definitely something changed in the fall creators update in regards to how it handels 3d modes.

I already did, but cyberlink is the most slowest site in the universe, more than 40 times I couldn't see the whole thread so I couldn't post. it's something with the HDR I think and also some weird bug in powedvd16 and 17. I had issue that I like like crazy motion blur in 3D. and I didn't have it on Windvd12 and not in any games or movies using Potplayer with madvr. I thought what the hell could it be.. so I went to the powerdvd video settings and everything is uncheck as always. but I thought what if those settings look disables bjt are enabled. at least the Truemotion, so I enabled all and then it said it can't enabled some of them for the 3D playback because the HDR might for 2d or that's actually the bug, that powerdvd think the 3D bluray is HDR which is not and you can't enable the enchantments. but I could still enabled Truemotion and some other settings there.

but for some reason even thought trumotion could enabled and I enabled it , but for more than 3-6 times it didn't want to stick! so I did it couple of time and suddenrly the motion blur was gone!! I was shocked, because I even reinstalles powerdvd 16 and 17..

so something is screwed from powerdvd with hdr is the main thing. then there are other issues.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 26. 2017 07:37

Sleasyridr [Avatar]
[Post New]

1. This is the slowest site I have ever used.

2. I have opened a support ticket.

3. I agree that part of the issues are related to HDR because I have had it do that flashing back and forth but saying switching to HDR or SDR mode as well as 3D mode flashing on repeatedly.

4. I have been experiencing the crashing during the 3D setup wizard for the last 3-4 driver sets. On one build if i waited for the right moment to enable 3D on my tv it would complete the setup successfully. On the latest to Nvidia drivers it does not crash during the wizard setup but I must manually set my tv to 3D on at the second screen but I don't have to time it exactly to keep it from crashing.

5. I still do not have any issues using WinDVD for any 3D content.

6. Please continue to open tickets if you are having these issues.

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

3. I agree that part of the issues are related to HDR because I have had it do that flashing back and forth but saying switching to HDR or SDR mode as well as 3D mode flashing on repeatedly.

4. I have been experiencing the crashing during the 3D setup wizard for the last 3-4 driver sets. On one build if i waited for the right moment to enable 3D on my tv it would complete the setup successfully. On the latest to Nvidia drivers it does not crash during the wizard setup but I must manually set my tv to 3D on at the second screen but I don't have to time it exactly to keep it from crashing.

I got no HDR equipment so I don't even see the settings, but if it actually tries to send HDR for me it would explain the problems since my beamer has no HDR.

You get a different crash when you use earlier drivers on the fall creators update than 387.92, it crashes with an error in Stereo Driver "stereo bit call copied only half of the image, as it did not recognice NV_Stereo_image_header and performed a regular bit instead of stereo". Cyberlink had me install 385.69 on fall creators update where I noticed that.

I had the previous crashes while trying to setup 3D in control panel too with earlier windows versions, very annoying and yep, with fall creators update they are fixed for me too.

I didn't even know windvd is still around, does it work well with current blu ray content ?
Sleasyridr [Avatar]
[Post New]

I got no HDR equipment so I don't even see the settings, but if it actually tries to send HDR for me it would explain the problems since my beamer has no HDR.

You get a different crash when you use earlier drivers on the fall creators update than 387.92, it crashes with an error in Stereo Driver "stereo bit call copied only half of the image, as it did not recognice NV_Stereo_image_header and performed a regular bit instead of stereo". Cyberlink had me install 385.69 on fall creators update where I noticed that.

I had the previous crashes while trying to setup 3D in control panel too with earlier windows versions, very annoying and yep, with fall creators update they are fixed for me too.

I didn't even know windvd is still around, does it work well with current blu ray content ?

Yes Corel WinDVD is still around and still doing updates. I can only say that it works with the latest content that I have that has been ripped to an ISO image and mounted with virtual clone drive. Just watched War of the Planet of the Apes in 3D which would not play on PowerDVD due to the current issues. And it also supports my Dolby Atmos system.