Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot Activate
Terry SE NSW
Newbie Location: NSW, Australia Joined: Jan 28, 2010 02:07 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Are any members having difficulties activating PowerDirector 16? I have entered my Product Key but when I attempt to activate, the message “Cyberlink PowerDirector was not activated because a connection to the activation server could not be established. Check your internet connection and then try again.You have 30 days left to use PowerDirector without online activation.”

I have uninstalled then re-installed but the problem remains. I’m having no internet connection issues, also registration seems to go through OK.I’d be grateful for any suggestions to resolve this issue.

Terry
Terry SE NSW
Newbie Location: NSW, Australia Joined: Jan 28, 2010 02:07 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Occasionally Cyberlink Support gets a bad rap when users are seeking help but I'm pleased to say they were very prompt in replying to my questions and supplied the remedy I needed.

Thanks Cyberlink Support.
Igor-KIO [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Russia Joined: Mar 19, 2012 10:02 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Are any members having difficulties activating PowerDirector 16? I have entered my Product Key but when I attempt to activate, the message “Cyberlink PowerDirector was not activated because a connection to the activation server could not be established. Check your internet connection and then try again.You have 30 days left to use PowerDirector without online activation.”

I have uninstalled then re-installed but the problem remains. I’m having no internet connection issues, also registration seems to go through OK.I’d be grateful for any suggestions to resolve this issue.

Terry

Perhaps you used a previously pirated version. Locate the hosts file and open it using Notepad. Delete the lines with the words cyberlink, save the changes. Try to activate the program.
Graham1956 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2018 08:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Are any members having difficulties activating PowerDirector 16? I have entered my Product Key but when I attempt to activate, the message “Cyberlink PowerDirector was not activated because a connection to the activation server could not be established. Check your internet connection and then try again.You have 30 days left to use PowerDirector without online activation.”

Terry

I am having exactly the same problem
Graham
Graham1956 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2018 08:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Terry

I am having exactly the same problem
Graham

I have tried to get in touch with technical advice but every time I fill in the form it just hangs and says cannot connect to cyberlink timed out
LeonelB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2017 04:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys, i cannot activate Gear 360 director and power director both,
reason:
"Cyberlink PowerDirector was not activated because a connection to the activation server could not be established".

First, i switched off firewall and antivirus, disables real-time monitoring,

Nothing, it still gets errors
Suiko [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2018 02:52 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Occasionally Cyberlink Support gets a bad rap when users are seeking help but I'm pleased to say they were very prompt in replying to my questions and supplied the remedy I needed.

What did you do? I'm having the same problem and contacted them, did everything but none of them worked

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2018 16:55

LeonelB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2017 04:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Occasionally Cyberlink Support gets a bad rap when users are seeking help but I'm pleased to say they were very prompt in replying to my questions and supplied the remedy I needed.

What did you do? I:m having the same roblem and contacted them, did everything but none of them worked

Nobody answered me, but finally, i have solved this.
I found the APReg exe checker in other thread, made for PowerDirector15. But the bug was exactly in the Apreg linking to activation server.
Try it.
Suiko [Avatar]
[Post New]

What did you do? I:m having the same roblem and contacted them, did everything but none of them worked

Nobody answered me, but finally, i have solved this.
I found the APReg exe checker in other thread, made for PowerDirector15. But the bug was exactly in the Apreg linking to activation server.
Try it.

I'm absolutely not tech savvy, so when I tried googling 'APReg exe' I get even more lost.

Can you teach me how to go about it, if you have the time? I have a bunch of work in the pipeline due to this matter, it would help loads if you can help me!

Currently on Windows 10, using Cyberlink Power Director 16.

Please and thank you!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

The other thread is probably this one :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52267.page

The following has also worked recently for a member with activation problems:

I have to ensure that you understand that this has the possibility to cause a problem, but only if the procedure is not followed exactly. The system registry is a fundamental part of the computer environment and is complex and very sensitive to mistakes. However, nothing that is suggested will risk anything, as long as it is correctly done.

This is from the MS Knowledge base
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310516/how-to-add-modify-or-delete-registry-subkeys-and-values-by-using-a-reg

The main bit of interest is this:
"Adding Registry Subkeys or Adding and Changing Registry Values
To add a registry subkey or add or change a registry value, make the appropriate changes in the registry, and then export the appropriate subkey or subkeys. Exported registry subkeys are automatically saved as .reg files."

To make changes to the registry and export your changes to a .reg file, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.

You should ignore this section to start with :
[Locate and then click the subkey that holds the registry item or items that you want to change.]

Click File, and then click Export. [This should back up the whole of the registry for safeguard]

(This step backs up the subkey before you make any changes. You can import this file back into the registry later if your changes cause a problem.)

In the File name box, type a file name to use to save the .reg file with the original registry items, and then click Save."
Now you have your original registry safe.

Now for this issue with PDR navigate in the left pane to :

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Click the arrow to the left to open the subsections
Select Software
Open the subsections
Select Cyberlink and open subsections
Select PowerDirector16
In the right hand pane locate:
CDKey
and double click
The dialogue box opens

Type in your activation key exactly as written but with no hyphens [example - PK79197498517G65]
Enter
Check the value is set

File>Exit

Try PDR16 and/or restart your system.

Check all other operations (just in case!!)

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Suiko [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I have to ensure that you understand that this has the possibility to cause a problem, but only if the procedure is not followed exactly. The system registry is a fundamental part of the computer environment and is complex and very sensitive to mistakes. However, nothing that is suggested will risk anything, as long as it is correctly done.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310516/how-to-add-modify-or-delete-registry-subkeys-and-values-by-using-a-reg

To add a registry subkey or add or change a registry value, make the appropriate changes in the registry, and then export the appropriate subkey or subkeys. Exported registry subkeys are automatically saved as .reg files."

To make changes to the registry and export your changes to a .reg file, follow these steps:

[Locate and then click the subkey that holds the registry item or items that you want to change.]

Click File, and then click Export. [This should back up the whole of the registry for safeguard]

(This step backs up the subkey before you make any changes. You can import this file back into the registry later if your changes cause a problem.)

In the File name box, type a file name to use to save the .reg file with the original registry items, and then click Save."

Select Software
Open the subsections
Select PowerDirector16
CDKey
and double click
The dialogue box opens

Type in your activation key exactly as written but with no hyphens [example - PK79197498517G65]
Enter
Check the value is set

File>Exit

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

My luck cannot get any worse.

I don't find 'CDKey' in the left pane, or in any other folders for that matter.

There's DEFUSERKEY but that's it

UGHHHHHH this is frustratinggggg

[EDIT]

Right pane! Sorry. Found it. BUT, still didn't work my goodness whyyyyyyy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2018 19:04

Suiko [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Select Software
Open the subsections
Select PowerDirector16
CDKey
and double click
The dialogue box opens

Enter
Check the value is set

File>Exit

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

My luck cannot get any worse.

I don't find 'CDKey' in the left pane, or in any other folders for that matter.

There's DEFUSERKEY but that's it

UGHHHHHH this is frustratinggggg

[EDIT]

Right pane! Sorry. Found it. BUT, still didn't work my goodness whyyyyyyy

Ok so I tried restarting and editing the regedit again, and everytime I tried removing the hyphens from the product key in the dialogue box and opened Power Director 16, this happens(picture attached) :

So I tried filling up(typed one by one, AND/OR copy-pasted) the product key accordingly, and thhe '0 days left' dialogue box still pops up, everytime.

So I checked the regedit again, and now the hyphens are back.

I don't know what else to do, it's too late to ask for a refund because I should've dealt with this issue when I still had the 'xx days left', dammit ugh
[Thumb - delete.JPG]
 Filename
delete.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)
roba [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2019 19:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem with PowerDirector 17, I have checked the registry and it looks good.

This needs sorting out , can a moderator please help. Why can't you guys fix this nonsense in your coding rather than have people fall into the same stupid trap.

The only odd thing that I have done is that I installed a trial version of Powerdirector before installing the real one ...

any ideas?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This is a user’s forum not monitored by Cyberlink support. You can contact support. It may help to uninstal the trial verson first before installing the full version.
yzz zz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2015 14:09 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
hi, i have same problem but luckilly it was only block in host file... /win 10 1905 last)