Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 and SmartSound (Magic Music)
Bill A
Newbie Location: Houston, Texas Joined: Oct 06, 2012 17:39 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I finally gave in and purchased PowerDirector 15 since they were offering the whole shebang including ColorDirector for so cheap.

I understood that Smartsound Quicktracks (Magic Music) was no longer included but wasn't worried because I knew that my stuff from PD13 would "or should" come forward.

The strange thing is that what got pulled into PD15 is my Quicktracks from a previous version of Roxio Video Wave that I had on my computer.

The Core Foundations are the same between Roxio and PD13 such as "Clear Vision" and "Pavane" however the "Variations" between PD and Roxio are differant in some cases. Roxio actually has a greater number of "Variations" which were brought into PD15 but several of the "Variations" from PD13 were not brought forward.

Has anyone else run across this?

Are the variations defined in a seperate database.

I will also ask this this on the Smartsound support but was just wondering if anyone else has come across this "peculiarity"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2017 14:10

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you attempt to update the Quick Tracks library? Select Magic Music and click on it to update. I have both the programs and just checked; there was a library update. You may have more to download and install. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Bill A
[Post New]
Quote Did you attempt to update the Quick Tracks library? Select Magic Music and click on it to update. I have both the programs and just checked; there was a library update. You may have more to download and install.

Wow - Fast Response

Yes, I installed the update. It appeared to be an additional album I could purchase.

I also rebuilt the SmartSound Database in all three programs, Roxio, PD13 and PD15.

They all reference the same folder for the SDS files and I suspect they all rebuild the same database.

I have a feeling the variations are defined somewhere else and are limited to what SmartSound provided to each company they partnered with.

I have sent a support request to the support at SmartSound. Hopefully they can answer.

Not really an issue since I actually ended up with more variations in PD15 now but I would also like to have everything I can brought forward from PD13.

Thanks,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bill -

In PDR (at least), the number of variations available for a particular SmartSound track is dependant on the duration you've set. Here's an example

I don't use the Roxio app you mentioned, but I suspect that the same would apply. Try setting the same duration in both apps & see if you get the same number of variations.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bill A
[Post New]
Quote Hi Bill -

In PDR (at least), the number of variations available for a particular SmartSound track is dependant on the duration you've set. Here's an example

I don't use the Roxio app you mentioned, but I suspect that the same would apply. Try setting the same duration in both apps & see if you get the same number of variations.

Cheers - Tony

Fantastic - That worked!

I had never changed the duration in the "Enter Duration" box. I had always just grabbed a variation and drug it down to my music track. I then stretched it to the length I needed.

I checked all three programs I have - Roxio, PD13 and PD 15 and when I set the duration length at anything higher than about 1 minute they all show the "additional" variations.

I "learned" something new. cool

Thank you!!