Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Win 10 March update issues - now closed. Please refer to thread for Creators Update 1703 issues.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

There have been many reports of media based programs crashing after the install of the latest Win 10 Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4013429).

CyberLink has issued the following advice :

Users who have installed the Windows update "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4013429)" may experience CyberLink program crashes when the Windows DVD Player mobile app is installed on the same PC.

Microsoft has released a fix to resolve the issue.

Please implement the solution in the Windows update (KB4015438) released on the Microsoft website to resolve the issue here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015438/windows-10-update-kb4015438

If the CyberLink program crash condition persists, please select the option within the program to send the crash report back to CyberLink and then contact CyberLink Customer Support on:

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 03. 2017 03:05

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
EnvisionDesign [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2017 14:26 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Members,

There have been many reports of media based programs crashing after the install of the latest Win 10 Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4013429).

CyberLink has issued the following advice :

Users who have installed the Windows update "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4013429)" may experience CyberLink program crashes when the Windows DVD Player mobile app is installed on the same PC.

Microsoft has released a fix to resolve the issue.

Please implement the solution in the Windows update (KB4015438) released on the Microsoft website to resolve the issue here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015438/windows-10-update-kb4015438

If the CyberLink program crash condition persists, please select the option within the program to send the crash report back to CyberLink and then contact CyberLink Customer Support on:

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Have you heard any feedback from people? I ran the update and I still get the computer freezing. There is no crash, no error messages and the only thing in Event Viewer is something related to CompPkgSup.DLL

Really could use a solution here. I just bought PD 15 and cannot use it.
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

As a follow up to this Win 10 update issue, Microsoft have also released a new patch here :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4015438/windows-10-update-kb4015438

The patch release notes the following:

"This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.

Key changes include:

Addressed a known issue with KB4013429 that caused Windows DVD Player (and 3rd party apps that use Microsoft MPEG-2 handling libraries) to crash.

Addressed a known issue with KB4013429, that some customers using Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 1607 Client with Switch Embedded Teaming (SET) enabled might experience a deadlock or when changing the physical adapter’s link speed property. This issue is most commonly seen as a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or when verifier is enabled a VRF_STACKPTR_ERROR is seen in the Memory dump.

If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device."

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2017 03:11

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
My newest Upgrade with Windows 10 1607 all CyberLink Programms are running with No Problem laughing

Quote Hi Members,

As a follow up to this Win 10 update issue, Microsoft have also released a new patch here :

"This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.

Key changes include:

Addressed a known issue with KB4013429 that caused Windows DVD Player (and 3rd party apps that use Microsoft MPEG-2 handling libraries) to crash.

Addressed a known issue with KB4013429, that some customers using Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 1607 Client with Switch Embedded Teaming (SET) enabled might experience a deadlock or when changing the physical adapter’s link speed property. This issue is most commonly seen as a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or when verifier is enabled a VRF_STACKPTR_ERROR is seen in the Memory dump.

If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device."

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator
Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My newest Upgrade with Windows 10 1703 all CyberLink Programms are running with No Problem laughing

Quote Hi Members,

Key changes include:

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2017 04:40

Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
darbryan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2017 01:51 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I downloaded and installed PD15 on 30th March. I started using it then without any problems. I havent used it since until today.

I tried to use it today but it crashes after about 3 seconds and comes up with the PDR has stopped working popup.

I have sent the error reports as requested.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and the latest update 1607 (KB4015217) was installed today. i uninstalled this update but still have the same problem.

any help would be appreciated
Paul1945
[Post New]
Quote Hi

I downloaded and installed PD15 on 30th March. I started using it then without any problems. I havent used it since until today.

I tried to use it today but it crashes after about 3 seconds and comes up with the PDR has stopped working popup.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and the latest update 1607 (KB4015217) was installed today. i uninstalled this update but still have the same problem.

Try the new UPGRADE 1703 from Windows 10 Ore send the DxDiag

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2017 05:05

Pauls PC
darbryan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi

I tried that but it says the update is not compatible for my computer. not sure why it would say that though

what do you mean by sending the DxDiag.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2017 05:41

Paul1945
[Post New]
Quote Hi

I tried that but it says the update is not compatible for my computer. not sure why it would say that though

Hi darbryan

DxDiag ("DirectX Diagnostic Tool ") is a diagnostics tool used to test DirectX functionality and troubleshoot video- or sound-related hardware problems. DirectX Diagnostic can save text files with the scan results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2017 09:16

Pauls PC
darbryan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi

Hi darbryan

DxDiag ("DirectX Diagnostic Tool ") is a diagnostics tool used to test DirectX functionality and troubleshoot video- or sound-related hardware problems. DirectX Diagnostic can save text files with the scan results.

Hi Paul1945

the DxDiag didnt show any errors. the file is attached
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Dx diagnostic results
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
372 time(s)
darbryan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi

Hi darbryan

Hi Paul1945

I was able to get the 1703 update installed and it is working now.

Thanks for your help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2017 20:12

JotaTech [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Puerto Rico Joined: Mar 22, 2017 12:54 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I Update to "Creator Update" Version 1703 Build 15063.138, and crash after opening.

Trying to uninstall and reinstall, but failed.

donwload the patch KB4015438, but cannot install after the "creator update".

Im putting a DxDiag results of my PC.

Thanks.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
333 time(s)
darbryan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi

Hi darbryan

Hi Paul1945

I was able to get the 1703 update installed and it is working now.

Thanks for your help

I spoke too soon. After the update the video driver updated as well and i started getting blue screens due to video driver problems. i had to roll back the video driver to stop the pc crashing but it started the PD15 crash again.

Any thoughts?
[Post New]
Hi Members,

This thread was originally to deal with the broken March update.

To prevent it becoming confusing and overly long, can we continue in the new thread, specifically for the April 1703 Creators Update here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51995.page

I think it will be better to avoid confusing two seperate issues so I'll lock this one off.

Thank you.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2017 04:28