Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Win 10 Creators Update v1703
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

Following last month's problems with Win 10 updates, can we use this thread to post/discuss any issues following the Creators Update please?

I have closed off the previous thread here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/51734.page

to prevent it all becoming confused with the March Update problems, but please note the last few posts which refer to possible 1703 issues.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 16. 2017 03:17

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JotaTech [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Puerto Rico Joined: Mar 22, 2017 12:54 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I Update to "Creator Update" Version 1703 Build 15063.138, and crash after opening.

Trying to uninstall and reinstall, but failed.

donwload the patch KB4015438, but cannot install after the "creator update".

Im putting a DxDiag results of my PC.

Thanks.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
606 time(s)
darbryan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2017 01:51 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I was able to get the 1703 update installed and PD15 started working. After the update the video driver updated as well and i started getting blue screens due to video driver problems. i had to roll back the video driver to stop the pc crashing but it started the PD15 crash again. attached is my DxDiag file.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
426 time(s)
darbryan [Avatar]
[Post New]
can someone from Cyberlink give me an update on this issue, or are we wasting our time in posting here
JotaTech [Avatar]
[Post New]
I reinstall everything, including the Creators Update (Fresh Intall fo W10) and every time I install a program, I make a Restore Point.

I see the PassMark Software (Benchmarking Tool) cause a error, after that, PD15 crash after 5 seconds of open.
JotaTech [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE!

The update KB4015583 (OS Build 15063.138) is breaking PD15 and other editors apps.

you can unistall the update...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2017 18:03

mrallroy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2017 18:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I've applied the PDR15 v2820 beta patch and now it doesn't crash at start up.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52131.page

Hopefully, it's fixed for good now.
JotaTech [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I've applied the PDR15 v2820 beta patch and now it doesn't crash at start up.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52131.page

Hopefully, it's fixed for good now.

what version fo W10 do you have? build #?
JotaTech [Avatar]
[Post New]
After applying update KB4016240 (OS Build 15063.250) still crash!

After applying the update and the beta patch PDR15 v2820 still crash!
xsmashx88x [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2017 06:39 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote After applying update KB4016240 (OS Build 15063.250) still crash!

did you find a fix? mine was working fine and has been crashing when it opens or it dont crash tell i try and load a project file
darbryan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I was able to get the 1703 update installed and PD15 started working. After the update the video driver updated as well and i started getting blue screens due to video driver problems. i had to roll back the video driver to stop the pc crashing but it started the PD15 crash again. attached is my DxDiag file.

Dell have finally created a video driver that doesnt cause any problems with blue screens or the PD15 crashing.

thanks for the help everyone.
JotaTech [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote After applying update KB4016240 (OS Build 15063.250) still crash!

did you find a fix? mine was working fine and has been crashing when it opens or it dont crash tell i try and load a project file

I unistall MSI Afterburner and resolve the issue, but then appears to be my GPU or the PCI-E slot on my PC.
MrJoshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 21:26 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I do not feel i am over stepping my bounds or being unreasnoble by DEMANDING you fix your product to at least the point where we can run them without crashing my products are

AudioDirector 7 Ultra MediaEspresso 7.5 Deluxe PhotoDirector 8 Deluxe Power2Go 11 Platinum PowerDirector 15 Ultimate PowerDirector 14 Ultimate PowerDirector 14 Ultimate PowerDVD 17 Ultra AudioDirector 6 Ultra PhotoDirector 7 Ultra PhotoDirector 5 Ultra Power2Go 10 Deluxe PowerDVD 16 Ultra PowerDVD 15 Ultra PowerDVD 14 Ultra

My Paypal Historie seems to have problems but the products above are just some, i have estimated i spent about

2 197.77 U.S. dollars since 2014 on your products and i have products from as far back as 2009 but can't find the billing so i have excluded it

so am i being unfair DEMANDING you fix the problems with your products Windows 10 CU is now almost 1 month old plenty of time to get your software sorted, i do not think i am alone when i say if this problem is not sorted i will stop buying your products and launch a campaign on twit FB ins, and every other online media to inform people about your lack of no your refusual to fix the problems

you must have some people on your staff with brainz fix it

"Just to clear up Cyberlink did not break anything the Windows 10 CU did" Cyberlinks products are still high value but needs to be fixed with MS CU btw MS brokew there own sql server but still release the CU so my 2 backup programs i have a lifetime licens on both, but i can only say, if i had the licens on paper there is only 1 use for them now, ill spare you the details, brb "bathroom break"

So i am being abit unfair, i know but still 1 month should be enough time to make a "dirty fix" or what?

do you other members who spent a fortune aggree or am i being a jerk and expecting to much
MrJoshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 21:26 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Ignore my spelling sorry bout that see above post
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

As you are probably aware, this is a forum for members to help other members. Ranting in general, whilst most folk understand a degree of frustration sometimes, won't get you a fix.

So no-one here can directly help unless you can give members precise information to go on.

Are you saying all your CL products are affected? or is your problem just with PD? If you think it is a result of this specific Win 10 update what has happened to make you think so?

It's important that you can isolate, as much as possible, exactly what your symptoms are, when they commenced, what you have done so far to resolve them and give members as much clear information as you can, about the context in which you are operating - 1080, 4K, 360, system specs etc.

To give members the best chance of helping, please read and follow the guidelines here :

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50105.page

Cheers

PowerDirector moderator

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
V4l1dN1ckn4me [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Stroud, UK Joined: Apr 19, 2015 18:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I do not feel i am over stepping my bounds or being unreasnoble by DEMANDING you fix your product to at least the point where we can run them without crashing my products are

AudioDirector 7 Ultra MediaEspresso 7.5 Deluxe PhotoDirector 8 Deluxe Power2Go 11 Platinum PowerDirector 15 Ultimate PowerDirector 14 Ultimate PowerDirector 14 Ultimate PowerDVD 17 Ultra AudioDirector 6 Ultra PhotoDirector 7 Ultra PhotoDirector 5 Ultra Power2Go 10 Deluxe PowerDVD 16 Ultra PowerDVD 15 Ultra PowerDVD 14 Ultra

My Paypal Historie seems to have problems but the products above are just some, i have estimated i spent about

2 197.77 U.S. dollars since 2014 on your products and i have products from as far back as 2009 but can't find the billing so i have excluded it

so am i being unfair DEMANDING you fix the problems with your products Windows 10 CU is now almost 1 month old plenty of time to get your software sorted, i do not think i am alone when i say if this problem is not sorted i will stop buying your products and launch a campaign on twit FB ins, and every other online media to inform people about your lack of no your refusual to fix the problems

you must have some people on your staff with brainz fix it

"Just to clear up Cyberlink did not break anything the Windows 10 CU did" Cyberlinks products are still high value but needs to be fixed with MS CU btw MS brokew there own sql server but still release the CU so my 2 backup programs i have a lifetime licens on both, but i can only say, if i had the licens on paper there is only 1 use for them now, ill spare you the details, brb "bathroom break"

So i am being abit unfair, i know but still 1 month should be enough time to make a "dirty fix" or what?

do you other members who spent a fortune aggree or am i being a jerk and expecting to much

Hi

Understand your frustration. Similar issue here. However, I work as a software developer and something at my work cropped up and it turned out to be a registry permissions issue (not sure if you're au fait with any of the terminology). On one of the bug reports I look at for PowerDVD14 it mentioned a similar permissions issue as the root cause.

You could try this...it worked for me and the errors have gone...

Open RegEdit (windows + R, then type RegEdit and click OK).

Locate HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG on the left-hand side. Expand it and select Software. Right-click Software and select Permissions...

In turn, select each item in the 'Groups or user names:' list. For each one of these, make sure 'Full Control' is ticked in the checked list below. Once you've done them all, click OK. Close the registry editor.

Try the applications again. Hopefully you may progress further than an error report.

Cheers
[Post New]
I have updated teh Windows to Creators Edition and I don't have issues. My video card is nVidia and I have the latest drivers but, I do install them "Custom", without installing the "NVIDIA geForce Experience".
[Post New]
Hi Members,

I think this topic is now completed. The May 10th 2017 update to 1703 has been rolled out, so I will close this one off.

Any issues that members have on the 1703 update specifically, please start a new topic.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator