Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion
KiloSwiss
Newbie Location: Switzerland Joined: Oct 27, 2014 16:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
@GGRussell

That's strange, because if I import a Video with 3 Audio Streams, PD13 adds only one video and one audio stream to the timeline.

See my previous post for a detailed explanation: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/125/40351.page#230293

Greez KiloSwiss
CV27 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 13, 2011 13:51 Messages: 77 Offline
[Post New]
Have the option to automatically calculate and add the chapter duration (mm:ss) at the tail end of the chapter text. Would be useful for output of Creating disc with menus. I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
[Post New]
I wish for customiseable and animate able masks. AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
miksh7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2015 08:27 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I badly need a few simple bulk actions with transitions which must be done since version 1.

1. "Delete All transitions"
    PD13 has a nice feature to "Apply a transition to all scenes" or "Apply random transitioon to all scenes" but after applying them the only way to remove them is manually one by one.

2. Transitions selection
    a. Now it is possible to select multiple transitions on timeline with Ctrl+Click which is great. However, if you try to select a range of transitions by Shift+Click or Ctrl+Shift+Click the range selection is suddenly made for scenes which is quite strange and sad.
    b. Also, when you select a few transitions with Ctrl+Click the transition action menu above is changed to allow Modify etc but Delete option disappeared, however the selected transitions might be removed with Delete key. Thus, the delete option works and must be enabled in the menu.
    c. It would be nice to have an option to "Select All Transitions" from context menu.

3. Bulk actions in the selected transitions
    Make sure that bulk changes such as Set Duration etc. could be applied for the selected transitions.

I would really want to have "Delete all transitions" feature to be done in PD13 as I don't want pay for the feature wich must be done from version 1!
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Given some functions in Edit mode (ex: stabilizer, speedup...) appear to be very heavy in processing, sometimes making the preview unusable, is there anyway to get assistance from the video card acceleration in performing those?

P.S. I meant, once HA is back on course in PD13 I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
[Post New]
Here's an idea: When you hover your cursor over an icon, perhaps a sign could pop up telling you what that feature does... All women can do great things.
Rickoh [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 31, 2015 17:08 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Rickoh wrote:
...I would love it if each timeline marker had an option to make it absolute to timeline or relative to a track. It would be even better if it could be relative to a specified track...

Optodata wrote:I think that's a great idea, too. There's a sticky post at the top of the PD13 forum called "Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion" and I think that would be a good place to post your thoughts I appreciate the time people devote to helping me. I hope others also benefit.
[Post New]
I would like a change to how and where PD13 loads. I would like it to load on the same monitor and in the same position where it was last closed. It always opens maximized on the primary monitor. To move it to my second work monitor, I restore down, drag to the second monitor and remaximize the app. Doing this once is not a problem. Doing this 3 to 10 times a day is a nuisance. Paul C
[Post New]
I would like CROP to be added to the Key Frame options. The problem with CROP today is: once cropped, always cropped. I would like a dynamic crop that can grow the picture out of a point to it's full size or visa versa.

That would add ability to do some interesting effects, like growing (shrinking) from a point; reshaping the area shown by shrinking the vertical and expanding the horizontal, etc. Paul C
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I would like a change to how and where PD13 loads. I would like it to load on the same monitor and in the same position where it was last closed. It always opens maximized on the primary monitor. To move it to my second work monitor, I restore down, drag to the second monitor and remaximize the app. Doing this once is not a problem. Doing this 3 to 10 times a day is a nuisance.

I think that would be helpful as well, and I've found that most apps remember their last position on the correct monitor the next time they're opened.

In the meantime, and if you're interested, there are 3rd-party utilities that can manage apps and taskbars on multi-monitor systems. I'm very happy with one called *Display Fusion* and the Pro version will let you assign a monitor for any app to open on, including specifying a starting size other than full-screen.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
In Magic Motion Designer...
1. Remember 'snap to' settings.
2. When selecting "User Defined" open clip with entire clip selected.
3. Provide "Select all" control (selected to edges of image).

In Title Designer...
1. In 'Align Objects" provide "Center Both".

(Editorial: Surprising we are at version 13 and still have these basic editing flukes. Almost like the developers don't use their own product.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 29. 2015 14:57

Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
PB13 should not require entry of leading zero prior to a decimal. For example: 0.623 shoud be able to be entered as 0.623 or .623 without the leading zero. When .623 is entered, the value recorded is 623.000.

Every software app I have ever used understands the implied 0 when the decimal is entered first. You would think I would learn after doing it a 1000 times. Paul C
[Post New]
Reference the editorial in the previous post. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: PB13 should not require entry of leading zero prior to a decimal. For example: 0.623 shoud be able to be entered as 0.623 or .623 without the leading zero. When .623 is entered, the value recorded is 623.000.

Every software app I have ever used understands the implied 0 when the decimal is entered first. You would think I would learn after doing it a 1000 times.
DEFINITELY!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote: In the meantime, and if you're interested, there are 3rd-party utilities that can manage apps and taskbars on multi-monitor systems. I'm very happy with one called *Display Fusion* and the Pro version will let you assign a monitor for any app to open on, including specifying a starting size other than full-screen.

Thanks, I did install Display Fusion, and it is performing as stated. Paul C
[Post New]
Display Fusion solves a problem for me also. Documented in this post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44685.page#231481

Thanks! Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
Allow PD to be opened in a normal or minimized window so that it can be opened on a different monitor than MON1. Currently PD will only open as mazimized (no matter what shortcut says), preventing it from being "trained" to open on a secondary monitor. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
Kevinhmr13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2015 09:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

"Not returning to chapter menu when chapter has ended" problem.

I think I've lost count of the number of posts regarding "not returning to chapter menu when chapter has ended" problem. It's clearly confusing many people and I think part of the reason for this is the unclear distinction between "Titles", "Scenes", "Projects" and "Chapters". A simple glossary explaining these elements would be useful and informative. I think another reason for users being confused by the "not returning to chapter menu when chapter has ended" problem is that many, many DVD authoring packages allow users to set how the program behaves after a chapter has been played. For example, Pinnacle Studio allows you to return to the menu after each chapter, if required. Using PD 13, if you want to return to the menu after each of your current Chapters you would need to have each of your current Chapters as a separate pds project, not simply chapters in a one project. Since so many users seem to want have the option to be able to return to the menu after a chapter has played, it'd be great if Cyberlink issued an update to enable this. Best wishes, Kevin
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello all,

"Not returning to chapter menu when chapter has ended" problem.

I think I've lost count of the number of posts regarding "not returning to chapter menu when chapter has ended" problem. It's clearly confusing many people and I think part of the reason for this is the unclear distinction between "Titles", "Scenes", "Projects" and "Chapters". A simple glossary explaining these elements would be useful and informative. I think another reason for users being confused by the "not returning to chapter menu when chapter has ended" problem is that many, many DVD authoring packages allow users to set how the program behaves after a chapter has been played. For example, Pinnacle Studio allows you to return to the menu after each chapter, if required. Using PD 13, if you want to return to the menu after each of your current Chapters you would need to have each of your current Chapters as a separate pds project, not simply chapters in a one project. Since so many users seem to want have the option to be able to return to the menu after a chapter has played, it'd be great if Cyberlink issued an update to enable this. Best wishes, Kevin

+1+1+1 I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
Wheaty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Yorkshire Joined: Nov 29, 2010 09:53 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, re suggestions for future patches or versions - as a relative newbie, I have just spent some hours removing gaps between images and video clips on the video track. Whilst I have discovered how to do this manually, the ability to automatically remove all gaps on a selected track would be extremely useful.
[Post New]
Change to how "Copy Keyframe Attributes" work for images

It would simplify life for users that work a lot with photographs to have the "Copy Key Frame Attributes" include Duration in the copy. It has no meaning for video and should be ignored in that case, but I often have two operations to perform when I bring an image into the timeline with the intention of making it perform exactly as another image - first set duration then copy keyframe attributes.

If I copy keyframe attributes first and the duration of the new image is shorter, the new image's attributes will be missing keyframe attributes that don't get copied and will have no attributes set at the end of its frame.

If the duration of new image is longer, it will have no attrubutes beyond the last attribute in the copied image. Paul C