Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion
CV27 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 13, 2011 13:51 Messages: 77 Offline
[Post New]
Ability to "delete" all transitions on a given track in 1 command. I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Suggestion: Indication of progress on long running tasks.

Using PD13 (2907.1), on a i7-4770 with 16 GB of memory and running Win7-64 all on SSD, on a 3hr movie with 550 clips, I regularly experience important delays (30-60 seconds) after invoking a function (from edit to capture to create, loading the project, etc.).

I also experience some glitches that force me to kill the process after contemplating the busy cursor for a minute or so.

If PD displayed a progress bar, as it does when loading a project, I would know visually to be patient and that things will complete.

And while we're at it, give the user the option to cancel the current long running task. I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Need to add Timeline Marker functionality to Title Designer.

Thank you CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Chapter markers that stick with a timeline clip vs sticking to fixed timecode.

Jeff
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ability to view a chapter thumbnail when previously set to a frame other than the beginning of the clip where the chapter applies.

Working with chapters in Edit mode, when a chapter thumbnail has previously been set to a frame other than the beginning of the clip where the chapter applies, it is impossible to view the actual chapter thumbnail unless going into Create and previewing the menu of the movie. I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Chapter markers that stick with a timeline clip vs sticking to fixed timecode.

Jeff

Case in point. I created a movie with 16 chapters, deleted the first half of the movie, result: only 'timeline anchored' chapter markers that fit within the new elapsed movie time were retained, but are useless since they pertain to the chopped portion of the original movie; now need to delete & redo chapters.

Plus the fact that the warning message when chapters are cut off is misleading.
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Warning msg when cutting off chapters
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
104 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2015 15:43

I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
I've setup my old flight sim equipment to produce key strokes.

I'm in need of Hot Keys for the following...

• View Entire Movie

• Adjust Video Track Height (Small, Medium and Large)

• Adjust Audio Track Height (Small, Medium and Large)

• Fix/Enhance

• Power Tools

• Keyframe

• Edit Audio (Audio Director, Wave Editor)

• Seek By (Frame, Second, Minute, Scene, Subtitle, Chapter, Segment)

• Preview Quality (Full, HD, High, Normal, Low)

• Snap to Ref Lines (Preview Window AND Modify Window)

• Grid Lines (Preview Window AND Modify Window)

CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
jcardana
[Post New]
There's a conversation about cutting scenes into clips.

Computers are supposed to easy the process of tasks.

I suggest adding an option to a clip's context menu... "Produce this Clip"... which will perform the following tasks...

1. Automatically set the range to the selected clip.

2. Click the "Produce Range" button

When I have an hour long video I use the Multi-Trim to cut it up into clips. It gets very repetitive to set the range (which doesn't snap to the start or end) and produce the clips. This feature would only require 4 steps (after the initial setting of what format to produce to).

Thank you for your time,

Joe CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

Sutter Hill SDA Church
KiloSwiss
Newbie Location: Switzerland Joined: Oct 27, 2014 16:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
My Problem when working with PowerDirector is the following:

If I insert a source file (.avi Video) that contains multiple audio tracks, only the first track is recognized by PD and the other audio tracks have to be externally extracted and manually addet to the timeline and then grouped with the video clip.

Here is a Screenshot, of a .avi video file that contains 3 different stereo audio tracks (one is ingame sound, the second is my microphone and the third track is ingame audio+TeamSpeak):

As you can see, PD only shows me one audio track and the other two are somehow non existent for the software.

Have a look at Sony Vegas, when I import the same video file, it automatically splits the existing audio tracks and adds them each in a separate line.
But Sony Vegas has many other flaws and problems and the overall experience and especially the workflow with PowerDirector is much better, except of that one single issue.

Greez KiloSwiss

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 29. 2015 03:34

[Post New]
Odd that only one track show when it is stereo?
Mine does the same thing although the resulting sound is good enough for my work.

I concur that Power Director 14 should at least have the option to split the Stereo track.
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know if this is the appropriate place for my post. If not, move and advise.

I'm wondering if there is any possibility to include either Lao or Thai in your language updates. I use Lao (and can use Thai, both similiar) extensively but have a problem when I copy/paste the translation into PD13. PD includes spaces where there should be none and when I delete the space a very critical character is also eliminated - in both the Lao and Thai translations. Without that character the entire phrase/sentence is totally useless.

Any ideas on copy/paste translations effectively would be appreciated.

Thanks for listening. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
[Post New]
SPELL CHECKER FOR ALL TEXT BLOCKS! Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
I have a high powered PC, CPU, HD, and video card. Even so, there is an awful lot of wait time when editing videos. Also goofy idiosyncrhacies like when play a clip the audio goes ahead but the video stop, then finally the audio and video get back in synce. I'm using "normal" preview quality, no other programs running, single track with occasional PIP image, etc. Very simple stuff.

If possible, create a "fast editing" feature that speeds up simple editing by using less CPU and GPU cycles. Perhaps a reduced functionality mode to achieve smoother and more streamlined editing.

Just trying to help make users as happy as possible.

==== FOLLOW UP 7/22 ====

Background on this request...

I have been using PD since version 7. I have been using it on state of the art PC's I build myself, and which have a good "Passmark Rating" (passmark.com). With each of the 7 PD version I have gone thru, the new version requires more horsepower to run than the privious version -- FOR THE SAME SIMPLE EDITING. I use 10 minute or less clips to edit, add a few inline or pip photos, simple non-animated text. For this simple work the productiviy, fluidity, and performance should be the same in 13 as it was in 7. That's not the case. Each PD release increases the hardware requirements by 20-30%. So if you are using the same computer on 13 that you were on 11, you are now in trouble. Your productivity has gone way down. As a software engineer I can tell you this is because the code had been added on to, instead of re-written. This contant adding onto the code creates "bloatware" that runs like a slug, even thought your aren't doing anything different that you were 2 releasses back. You are forced into hardware upgrades just to keep PD running "normal". That's why I'm suggesting an Entry Level verson of PD that does basic editing, with pip tracks and music tracks, but uses only the "core" code from PD13 (the shorter the code path, the fast it runs). I guess I'm suggesting a "Consumer" version of PD, with the option to upgrade to a "Professional" version of PD. THe price-point of PD is not the problem, it's the system requirements.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 22. 2015 16:18

Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
Integrate audio editing into the main program (improved productivity).

Add an audio edit (effect) to reduce vocal echo. This functionality is available via WaveEditor 2 using VST plug-ins.

Another WE2 VST I use a lot is a compressor/limiter on an audio track. This is different from "normalize", which is to average, not compress and limit. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your response.

Never had an occasion to use WaveEditor but guess I'll give it a try and see what I come-up with.

Thanks again

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2015 20:19

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
WAHEED1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kuwait Joined: Sep 30, 2011 12:39 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
How about adding this feature.
The ability to save PIP settings to be used on different images. Similar to Character Presets in Text. Win7 64bit Ult., EVGA X58-E758, i7 970 3.2GHz, Corsair 30GB, HDs: Kingston 240GB SSD, 3TB WD, 1TB WD, Radeon 6870 1GB. Dell U2711+Asus VK266H. Logitech Solar Keyboard + Logitech K750. Razer MousePad
"And we are just given a bit of The Knowledge"
[Post New]
Add to preferences the ability to specify where the working directories are located. This would include shadow, prefech, caching, thumbnail, save to, locations. This will allow using a solid state hard drive to improve editing and rendering performance. I've tested this and it really makes a difference. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
Productivity Improvement:

Add the ability, with a shortcut key, to add the fade transition to any video cliip or picture or pip by presing the key. Alternately, choose a transition, press a shortcut key, and the transition goes onto the start and end of the selected entity. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
Being able to add an edit such as brighten to the whole timeline not just one segment (clip).
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
When importing a video file with more than one audio stream, a way to import just one stream.

At the moment, PD13 imports the video twice - one with each stream. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
KiloSwiss
Newbie Location: Switzerland Joined: Oct 27, 2014 16:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
@GGRussell

That's strange, because if I import a Video with 3 Audio Streams, PD13 adds only one video and one audio stream to the timeline.

See my previous post for a detailed explanation: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/125/40351.page#230293

Greez KiloSwiss