Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion
[Post New]
More keyboard shortcuts to "nudge" elements and tracks for alignment would be a productivity improvement. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
I'm currently using PD12. Just bought it a couple months ago so I'm not planning to upgrade to PD13... UNLESS...

When I rename Color Boards, the names of Color Boards get saved with the project.

also

When I create Custom Colors in the Color Selector, those need to be saved with the project as well.

Thank you for your time,

Joe CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
In play mode, when the cursor reaches the end of the clip or movie has to stop. Instead, return to the beginning of the clip or the movie. very annoying
Sorry for automatic trnslator

Stop al cursore nella timeline, per rifinire la fine del clip.
Con attiva la modalità riproduci, quando il cursore raggiunge alla fine della clip o del filmato si deve fermare. Invece ritorna all'inizio della clip o del filmato. Molto fastidioso.
Scusate per il traduttore automatico W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
[Post New]
When upgrading to a new version, please transfer the following customized settings and entities to the new version. In the past 6 upgrades this may or may not happen. Make it consistent.
+ Downloaded or created effects, PiP objects, titles, and transitions
+ Program Preferences
+ Custom video rendering profiles
+ Downloaded or custom disk templates.

In short, anything that can be saved or customized by the user, should be remembered after upgrading to a new release.
Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: PLEASE can we have some form of velocity smoothing to apply the the start and end of motion

Even though it's not implemented in PiP Designer & other modules where motion is applied, there's some evidence of it in SlideShow Designer. In Camera, Collage, Scrapbook & Montage templates, photos "ease" into place.

Quote: When upgrading to a new version, please transfer the following customized settings and entities to the new version. In the past 6 upgrades this may or may not happen. Make it consistent.

Custom & downloaded effects - titles, PiPs, particles, menus etc - are always available in any new version (because they're stored separately from the program folders.
You could save your custom video rendering profiles by keeping a copy of your Profile.ini & replacing the "new" one with it.

Like James' idea, this is a small thing too. I'd like to see a more generously sized Font Picker in Title Designer. NewBlue Titler PRO has it. Word has it. Paint.NET has it. I find scrolling through fonts in Title Designer to be quite annoying - purely because it has such limited real estate. Comparison screenshot attached.

It's just a small thing but I wish it was bigger!

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Font Picker.jpg]
 Filename
Font Picker.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
748 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
231 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 01. 2014 16:47

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Like James' idea, this is a small thing too. I'd like to see a more generously sized Font Picker in Title Designer
We also need the ability to type the first few letters of the font name so we don't have to scroll. I have over 500 fonts. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
[Post New]
"Custom & downloaded effects - titles, PiPs, particles, menus etc - are always available in any new version (because they're stored separately from the program folders."

Hmmm. I wonder what I've done wrong. Several times in the past when I've upgraded I've lost custom titles, templates, etc. I'll watch for this on the next upgrade.
Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
A very convenient feature would be to save ALL the parameters of a project INCLUDING the output formats.

PD13 still behaves like all it's predecessors with the screen windows being altered sometimes when switching between video clips. A very annoying behaviour ! Win 10, i7
JosephM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2014 11:22 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I strongly agree with you. Scrolling the fonts is another problem.

Quote:
Quote: Like James' idea, this is a small thing too. I'd like to see a more generously sized Font Picker in Title Designer
We also need the ability to type the first few letters of the font name so we don't have to scroll. I have over 500 fonts.
pheadbaq [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2013 15:07 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Lossless formats!

That and the ability to encode using the Constant Quality features of H.264+.

VP9 would be nice too

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 06. 2014 22:32

[Post New]
Here are some more requested productivity improvements...

1. Media Room -- ability to show unused clips

2. Hot Key for "Mute Clip". Right-click of clip allows mute clip, but it has no hot-key (nor menu access). "Customize Keyboard Hotkeys" (Alt+H) provides no ability to assign a hot-key to this action.

3. Audio Mixing Room -- ability to apply volume change to entire clip. Currently to apply volume change to current clip must select clip, press home to position to beginning, change volume via Audio Mixing Room which only changes the beginning volume, press end to position to end of clip, change volume via Audio Mixing Room. The entire clip now has the volume change, but requires too many actions.

4. "Remember" the "Snap to reference lines" settings in each designer pop-up, and save with the project. Currently have to keep turning off "snap" over and over again.

5. Motion Designer -- each time entered, default to maximum selection box (entire image). As previously suggested, also provide ability to maximize selection.

Hopefully Version 14 will include these basic functions not included in the previous 13 releases.

jcardana
[Post New]
I know this is video editing software. But when I'm making the DVDs for my church, I also make CDs because some of the older folks don't have DVD players. They'd rather just listen.

So my suggestion is...

Add the ability in the Create Disc section to select CD-Audio. Give us options as to the quality KBs and filetype. Let us optionally, select a folder to place the files into and then produce the audio only, making a separate file for each chapter. Then burn to a CD.

This would make my file SO much easier.

Here's what I'm doing now...
-I convert the entire sermon into MP3
-Edit the MP3 into sections based on topic/scripture
-Export each section
-Import Each section into Media Player to burn to CD

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2014 13:44

CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

Sutter Hill SDA Church
jcardana
[Post New]
What would be nice is the ability to drag a folder into the media library and have PD automatically make a new tag with the contents of the folder in it.

I have a project with 900+ files in 90+ folders. (Will re-post in the "Suggestions") CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

Sutter Hill SDA Church
[Post New]
In addition to the previous improvements for Magic Motion, allow the following:

In the Magic Motion motion style dialog, put a checkbox next to each magic motion "style", along with a "Select All" button. The user can them select the styles to use for the "Apply To All" button. For example, if the user only wants the Zoom In and Zoom Out styles to be randomly applied to all images, they would just select those two styles.

Thanks!
CCapra123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2014 15:18 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to be able to put markers on video/audio snips that stay with the snip (not just sticking to the same spot on the timeline). It wouldhelp identify parts I might want to use elsewhere.
jcardana
[Post New]
Quote: I'd like to be able to put markers on video/audio snips that stay with the snip (not just sticking to the same spot on the timeline). It wouldhelp identify parts I might want to use elsewhere.
To amplify... we would set the timeline marker where we want it. Then... right-click on the clip and select "Add Timeline Marker". That way, PD knows what clips are associated with what markers. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

Sutter Hill SDA Church
CCapra123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2014 15:18 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
thanks jcardana - that's what I'd like!
jcardana
[Post New]
Quote: ...I think it would be an improvement in this program if the next version allowed one to determine what the play head should do once it reaches the end of the movie. I'm sure a simple check box could be added in Preferences...
CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

Sutter Hill SDA Church
[Post New]
Over the years since PD-1, the interface has gotten kind of "dusty". Some activities require too many mouse movements and clicks. The more that can be done without taking your hands off the keyboard, the higher the productivity. This suggestion is that the entire user interface be re-thought considering modern concepts (like context sensitive menus), and make the interface consistent in look, feel, and operations no matter what the user is doing (e.g. the same keys do the same thing everywhere in the program). Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
Julien Pierre [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Apr 14, 2011 01:34 Messages: 476 Offline
[Post New]
Seeing I have a bunch of PCs on my gigabit LAN and 802.11ac wireless LAN at home that are all capable of running PowerDirector, I would very much be interested in network cluster rendering capability.

Most of the PCs would only need to run a network agent to run in the background, not the full version of PD.

Since a 4K rendering in H.265 with 3-4 effects stacked can easily take 10 minutes for each minute of video even on my 8-core 4.6 GHz FX-8350, it would be particularly nice to be able to split a single rendering job between 4-5 PCs and bring the total rendering time to something more reasonable. Obviously, any GPU acceleration would have to be disabled for such jobs, since the various rendering PCs may have different GPUs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 23. 2014 08:40

MSI X99A Raider
Intel i7-5820k @ 4.4 GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte nVidia GTX 960 4GB
480 GB Patriot Ignite SSD (boot)
2 x 480 GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (striped)
6 x 1 TB Samsung 860 SSD (striped)

2 x LG 32UD59-B 32" 4K
Asus PB238 23" HD (portrait)
inspectagame
Member Location: Australia Joined: Oct 28, 2014 03:20 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I seem to be hitting a brick wall and don't know if I need to create a thread or post this as a suggestion, ok so a suggestion for scratch disks for PD as I experience black video files on my timeline after saving the project and reopening them, every time I go over 50 video files dropped into the timeline or when I hit 200GB+ of footage on the timeline. I can work great when I edit but if I save the project and reopen it, all the video files on the timeline appear black and with 0,0,0 so don't know if there is a limitation of PD with file sizes and amounts of video files on the timeline but if there is can scratch disks be created etc to handle the issue? Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/inspectagame
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/inspectagame
Twitter: https://twitter.com/inspectagame
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Inspectagame/
Steam Group: