Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tools disappear
[Post New]
This always happening, I realized today when opening project that started yesterday, was normal when saved project.
Now presents itself as the picture 1 and 2, some files shows a split between audio and video, for these tools video does not appear, only if I unlink audio and video.

With the collaboration of Jean Lan (Cyberlink Support) found the cause of the error (Tools video disappears) and its side effects.
On my PC, changing the default timeout transition to 1.8 or 1.9 causes the error.
Only with added transitions (CROSFADE)
Time pattern (2.0 Cyberlink)
Runs normal for other times.

Thank you for supporting Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

https://youtu.be/VnN5ro48aJU

Would anyone ever had this problem?

[Thumb - withoutools.jpg]
 Filename
withoutools.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1657 time(s)

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Feb 20. 2015 06:43

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Playsound, did you unlink the A/V, or did it do it on it's own? I swear an earlier build did that spontaneously to a project I had started in PD11, and then I had to replace/overwrite the file with the original to get my TOOLS back.
NOTE: It affected only the unlinked portions, other media behaved normally.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2013 12:07

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: Playsound, did you unlink the A/V, or did it do it on it's own? I swear an earlier build did that spontaneously to a project I had started in PD11, and then I had to replace/overwrite the file with the original to get my TOOLS back.
NOTE: It affected only the unlinked portions, other media behaved normally.

This happening spontaneously, I think it is reopening the project. at least in the latter was well.
I managed to save to file without problems for the project ready, turn editing is hard work

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2013 12:20

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
DGP23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2013 17:22 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
this happens to me on PD12 as well
DGP23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This keeps happening and is really annoying, even removing the clip and adding again doesnt get the tools back!!!!!!! fed up!!!!
[Post New]
More information about the error that happens to me, if someone as you want to try a solution.
The error is in when it is added to various transitions OVERLAP's clip and save the project.
If you need to return to the project the error appears in several clips, not all.
Err1 - Visually the audio and video appear unrelated, but this is disabled the editing tools.
Err2 - In clips that shows the error can breach the junction of video clips causing an offset between audio and video, which complicates for addition or removal of transition
[Thumb - Before Project saved.jpg]
 Filename
Before Project saved.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
249 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
250 time(s)
[Thumb - After Project reopened.jpg]
 Filename
After Project reopened.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
256 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2013 22:27

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
This sounds familiar: PD 11 Audio / Video out of sync:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27560.page

The PD 12 "Power Tools" tab is going missing to indicate the error when the trouble clip is selected.

I haven't done much with PD 12 on my end yet to try and replicate the issue.
Could be a new issue altogether in addition to the above thread.

R
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
I discover that all of a sudden the previous video clip on the timeline that I had just finished "fixing" no longer offers me ANY of the fix/enhance, power, etc. options ! Nor for that matter for ALL of the remaining videos on the timeline !

After piddling with the clip I get a message (from beyond Jupiter) to split the audio and video tracks and see what happens. And it happens ! The fixing, enhancing, power, etc options pop back on !!!!!

I must be doing this too long . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . Win 10, i7
[Post New]
I do a project with video, MP4 format 720x480 (Sansung camcorder), do it right.
Fis other videos with MPEG2 (SD) 720x480 (Sony camcorder)
Let crosfade transitions to the final step, did everything right, however it seemed to me that the work had doubled.
Here I already determined that videos in MPEG2 (SD) is that the error, camcorder videos or desktop recorder.
Anyway the problem appears after saving the project, and come back to it, Error 1. (tool video disappear)
If I change the duration or remove transition (crofade) got the error 2
(audio moves relative to video and open gap at the junction of the clip) AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
[Post New]
Audio and video parts are unlinked, did you try to link them (if they are the same clip)? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If you unlink the Audio from the video, the tools should re-appear. Small comfort. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
1rlmosk2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2010 16:15 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I've posted this same problem earlier and no solution yet. Paid lots of money for the PD 12 Ultimate Suite and can't even use it. I eventually contacted Cyberlink support and sent them lots of files they requested. They've sent it to the higher ups, whoever that is, but it's been over a week already. I'm working on a big project so I finally just started over using my old PowerDirector 11. It's working fine, but unfortunately, slower. I'm thinking of getting my money back on this one. Too bad. I've used PD for many years. First time I've had such a bad experience.

With me the audio/video clips weren't just appearing unlinked. If you right click the clip you may see that it is not unlinked. Actually unlink the A/V and then stretch the timeline way out you may notice that the audio and video are no longer the same length. It's as if they are out of sync. I've corrected the difference (sometimes at the beginning and end of the clip, linked the clip back and then it appears normal and the editing tools show up once again. However, I save it, close the program and then reopen it and everything is screwed up again.

Hopefully they come up with a fix soon. Good luck.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I may have been the first to report it here, and then Playsound confirmed it also happened to him, and now perhaps enough people have experienced this error to call it an official BUG!!!
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I may have been the first to report it here, and then Playsound confirmed it also happened to him, and now perhaps enough people have experienced this error to call it an official BUG!!!

You're right Barry, there are two eBug issues being investigated by R&D and they're looking to put the corrections into a beta patch for members to check out soon.

Forum Moderator
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
It's a "rare" occurrence, this apparent bug, it's only happened a few times to me, I can't pinpoint why, though Playsound may have a theory. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
DGP23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Happens to me everytime, all fine until I save a project and then reopen. I unlink the video audio to get the tools back, but then audio is out of line, so I delete the audio (luckily I havent really needed to use it) and this often causes the whole program to crash!!
DJTP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2009 15:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Has this been fixed?
DGP23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
not for me, I am getting by now by unlinking sound / audio, and then removing the audio, as soon as I put a clip into the timeline. Obviously this only helps if your not needing to use the sound in the clip, but so far I have been able to open saved projects without any problems and the program has not crashed since (fingers crossed)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,
Update: With the excellent help of playsound, CyberLink R&D have been able to reproduce the unwanted unlinking issue and are carrying out further testing to resolve the bug. The Tools disappearing issue is part of the same bug and is fixable if the file itself is unlinked via the right click.

The unlinking issue repeats when the default transition duration was set to 1.9. The current recommendation is to retain the default transition length.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2013 05:33

[Post New]
With the collaboration of Jean Lan (Cyberlink Support) found the cause of the error (Tools video disappears) and its side effects.
On my PC, changing the default timeout transition to 1.8 or 1.9 causes the error.
Only with added transitions (CROSFADE)
Time pattern (2.0 Cyberlink)
Runs normal for other times.
Thank you for supporting Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3