Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD11 region code changes 0 on new installation
BaB29 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2013 17:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, so I've uninstalled my up to date version, put the first version plus all the update with the 2608 as the last one : situation is now under control, my brs are watchable.

I will keep the 2608 version until Cyberlink communicate about the bug and its solution...
techguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2010 10:00 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
After resetting back to POWERDVD 11 V2024 I also tried to update to version 2608 and so far it seems to be retaining the Region number at normal and allows me to play back successfully.

From this it makes you wonder then why 3318, the latest version causes this problem of region resets back to zero.

Daniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2013 20:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Well if you haven't heard there appears to be a hotfix.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The final fix is supposed to come before May. At least they finally responded to the issue with some useful information.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2013 04:38

maonstad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2009 01:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
It seems even though they'll have a fix before May, many people are going to go the competitor and buy their program. This is going to hurt sale from what I can tell.
Noguffay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2011 19:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I realize that this thread is for version 11, but the key reason I stopped using version 12 and gone back to 11 is that version 12 aborts constantly when playing back high resolution audio tracks such as DTD-HD MA or DOLBY TRUE HD audio tracks. Originally this was thought to be related to using INTEL HDMI audio, however when I went to an NVIDIA HDMI audio card with different driver and discovered the same problem, I pretty much gave up on it. This was to be fixed in this latest version 2428 but it's not. The problem is still there. I have now given up on the software and considered the upgrade a total waste of money.

Do you mean it kept going or flickering "black screan? When I started using PDVD 12 (trial), after this big issues with PDVD 11, I was getting a "constant aborting" or contsant blacking out. I discovered it was an issue with the video setting with PDVD 12. In videa settings "advanced" (i believe) there's a setting for "Interveaving" on or off, after turning this off, the problem went away. Full DTS-Master audio works great, also. Hope it works for you also.
DancingShade [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2013 02:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This is pretty much comically bad.

No I won't be updating to PowerDVD 12, which I'm sure works perfectly fine.

Yes I do expect this to be fixed sooner rather than later.

Yes I will be using a competitor's product from now on.

Oh yeah, if we're counting these here's my ticket CS001241959

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 09. 2013 08:39

SAC [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Sep 15, 2011 08:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have the same problem on two PCs and on Laptop - Stuck on Region A - 0 changes. Only ever set Region once to B. PowerDVD 11 is of no use to me on all three machines. Updated one machine to patch 3901 - only change is that radio button against Region A shows selected - still no changes and no way of getting back to region B.

Solution required urgently. SAC