Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Nvidia GeForce 306.97 WHQL
jonas_1_jonas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2011 20:26 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
New Nvidia drivers.

Nvidia GeForce 306.97 WHQL

Try them out, and let us know if rendering problem has gone.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_306_97_whql_3264_bit.html
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
I try it. The rendering problem is still there.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 10. 2012 08:39

Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
Schwedi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2011 09:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Rendering bug is still there

best regards

Schwedi
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
New drivers till not fixed!!!
Stick with 301.??
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
James1;
There are many items that are fixed in each WHQL release of nVidia's drivers. Some are related to hardware issues (like failures, crashes, reboots, etc.). Some are related to updates in the rendering and shader portions of the GPU or multiple card (SLI) support. A review of the "Release Notes", shows just how many issues are addressed in JUST THIS release of the drivers:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/306.97/306.97-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

We ALL want the CUDA cores issue resolved, but since many of us currently have systems strong enough to turn off "Hardware Acceleration", the workaround of turning off the cores is a workable solution (on a temporary basis).

I would suggest that if your card supports the newest WHQL drivers (306.97), install them and disable the CUDA cores in nVidia Control Panel. Sadly, my GTX465 card does NOT support the new WHQL drivers, but I am running 306.23 very successfully with both PD10 and PD11. There are different cards supported for 32BIT and 64BIT, so use the nvidia page to be sure your OS, Language and Card are supported:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Using this method, you will find that WHQL 301.xx is supported by SOME cards, but NOT ALL. Additionally, the link will assure you get the right ones for your Card!!

EDIT: OK, last edit for this post (I promise): Nvidia and Microsoft do not recommend or support "rollback" of Graphic Drivers. You should use "Clean installation" option (under CUSTOM during installation), or COMPLETELY remove drivers using "Add or Remove Programs". See page 35 on the "Release Notes" Document ABOVE for a detailed explanation from Nvidia.

Notice I say WHQL a lot? I do NOT recommend BETA drivers..they are BETA for a reason, and most of us just don't NEED the "bleeding edge" to get what we want!!

Just a suggestion, I am NOT nVidia or Cyberlink..just a poor user trying to share my thoughts without getting punched for my efforts!!

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at Oct 10. 2012 15:36

risey
Member Location: United Kingdom Joined: Jan 31, 2012 19:38 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Rendering is still present... Looks like i will have to invest in Serif Movie plus... Ryan Anthony
http://www.PhatMonkey.me
Zaite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2010 10:03 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased PD11 and this thing is BROKEN... Rendering continually... I can't use it AT ALL. Totally disappointed right now. Is there going to be a fix? FAST ?
risey
[Post New]
I am very sorry to tell u Zaite its been an on going problem for almost 2 months now, the last official driver was fine, the new dirver and / or Beta has made it worse. I decided to make a youtube video this evening as i just released my latest song on iTunes, the video was only 4:44 and just had a picture with music, its been rendering now for 40mins !!! Ryan Anthony
Zaite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2010 10:03 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
In that case I am getting a refund and moving to another product unless something can be solved very soon

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2012 18:46

[Post New]
UPDATE: WHQL 306.97 is now available for most nVidia Geforce cards at http://www.geforce.com/Drivers .

On my system (Windows 7 64BIT with GTX465), it failed to install the newest version of HD Audio drivers and 3D vision drivers until I used Control Panel to fully uninstall the nVidia product (selecting "clean install" during the first attempt at installation DID NOT WORK). Once I removed using Control Panel and Rebooted, I was able to install 306.97 (and 3d vision+HD Audio drivers) successfully.

Rendering issue is still present, but disabling the CUDA cores still works to suppress the problem!!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2012 00:41

ed123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2012 01:22 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I hope is Nvidia's faulty, but only Cyberlink powerdirector have problem for me, I use sony's Movie Studio Platinum & TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 and both use Cuda or GPU acceleration no problem at all, I like powerdirector better have more tools too do video but, problems !!!!
Mau1wurf1977 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 14, 2012 00:55 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just purchased PD11 and this thing is BROKEN... Rendering continually... I can't use it AT ALL. Totally disappointed right now. Is there going to be a fix? FAST ?

Yes there is. Create a 3D profile for PD11 and disable CUDA. Look at my previous posts, I have posted a screenshot.
jonas_1_jonas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Disabling CUDA on Nvidia Control Panel its not the solution.

Producing time without CUDA enabled it takes much more time to complete. Using 301.42 Drivers with CUDA enabled, producing time it speeds like hell, GPU usage on my GTX 670 goes at 40% when CUDA is enabled.

Cyberlink should do something because other editing programs have no issues with the newest Nvidia drivers.

Cyberllink will lose costumers in the next months if they don't do nothing....................

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2012 06:02

[Post New]
Yap,
One key issue being that PD10 and PD11 have started showing this rendering problem, making PD unusable, with all the WHQL drivers certified for both Window 7 AND WINDOWS 8. It means that this problem will also prevent PD10 and 11 users from upgrading to Windows 8 !!!
Mau1wurf1977 [Avatar]
[Post New]
To me this is a perfect example of how unreliable GPU computing still is. One change in the driver and you lose heaps of performance.

Imagine Intel did the same thing. Oh sorry we made a change to the driver, it still works just at half the speed.

Have an i7 with Intel QuickSync and you'll be laughing. Leaves any GPU solution in the dust.
jonas_1_jonas [Avatar]
[Post New]
"Notes:

1. Accelerated video encoding on AMD graphics cards requires the user to install the AMD Media Codec Package, also known as the Avivo™ Package. This package is available as an optional download when obtaining an AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver for AMD desktop graphics and notebook graphics products, available at www.amd.com.
2. CyberLink PowerDirector 11 also supports AMD VISION and FUSION A-Series, E-series, and C-series Accelerated Processors Technology.

3. Windows® is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies."

This are the notes on PD11. Where is the warning for Nvidia costumers that they cant use latest certified Nvidia Drivers?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps my post here on CyberLink working on a patch fix, may help.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25040.page#136320
Forum Moderator.
risey
[Post New]
One word for the company Cyberlink developers 'Laziness'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2012 13:08

Ryan Anthony
Mau1wurf1977 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: One word for the company Cyberlink developers 'Laziness'

I don't think that's fair.

In the driver that's affected, Nvidia has added CUDA 5 Release Candidate. These changes to CUDA have resulted in PD11 not working as it should.

On one hand Nvidia and AMD keep promoting GPU computing, but as it shows there are often bugs. Unfortunately they like to squeeze out more performance rather than focus on stability and reliability.

It's unfortunate, but there is a really simple workaround by creating a profile for PD11 and disabling CUDA.

Intel QuickSync is still working as it should. So if you have an i5 or i7 and need the acceleration just use that technology. It's the fastest technology available at the moment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2012 16:03

risey
[Post New]
I wont say anymore on the matter, i stand by my comment, if i can work 70 hours a week, then others can at least put in the effort to contact nvidia about there product compatibility and try to amend the problem, ESPECIALLY when its been nearly 3 months and they use NVIDA as a sales pitch for the product...
AMEN
Risey has left the building lol Ryan Anthony