Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Nvidia GeForce 306.97 WHQL
risey
Member Location: United Kingdom Joined: Jan 31, 2012 19:38 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I wont say anymore on the matter, i stand by my comment, if i can work 70 hours a week, then others can at least put in the effort to contact nvidia about there product compatibility and try to amend the problem, ESPECIALLY when its been nearly 3 months and they use NVIDA as a sales pitch for the product...
AMEN
Risey has left the building lol Ryan Anthony
http://www.PhatMonkey.me
[Post New]
I'm genuinely taken aback by the fact that PD11 was released with this driver issue clearly in the know by the developers. I would think that they would at the very least issue some sort of statement regarding this rendering complication for users of Nvidia cards with the latest 300 series drivers.

And though they obviously are not Nvidia, they should have provided an official URL redirecting Nvidia users to the most recent, stable drivers (301.42).

Instead, they had to leave it up to us to troubleshoot our way to the best working nvidia drivers for PD11.
[Post New]
folks;
Since the time that PD11 went into production, there have been multiple releases of Nvidia WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) drivers. Also, and even PD10 is effected by the change in the drivers (rendering issue). I am not sure about PD9

Blatantly unfair to say that Cyberlink is not trying to keep problems uncovered or addressed (in my opinion).

Much has changed since PD11 went into development, and I think that this little HICCUP, may be more due to the changes that nVidia made to the drivers for Windows 8 support, than to something overlooked by Cyberlink? What do you think? Is it really fair to blame them for rapid advances in technology that they fell behind on?

If there is a PD11 (and I hope PD10) patch coming, I say give the benefit of the doubt until we see how QUICKLY they respond to this problem and if the patch fixes the problem...what do you say??

UPDATE: There was a patch released yesterday for PD10 (2023)....it did NOT fix the "rendering/CUDA" issue...perhaps a 2023a is forthcoming??
[Thumb - 2023_fixes.jpg]
 Filename
2023_fixes.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Mostly YouTube
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
244 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2012 17:22

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
10/10/2012 306.97 WHQL
09/19/2012 PD11 made available to public
09/13/2012 306.23 WHQL
06/18/2012 304.48 Beta released and PD10 issue referenced here 6/23, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23720.page#128339
05/22/2012 301.42 WHQL last known functional driver for current PD10 and PD11 versions

PD10 on my platform with 306.23 works fine as long as I don't apply the CL patch 1703. CL issue or Nvidia? Not pointing fingers at either company for current issue as I do not know who is at fault and not sure it's relevant.

An issue as this that has existed since at least 6/23 in a CL product and not remedied in a new updated product CL released to public on 9/19 is the issue for me (don't tell me CL does not read the posts, we even have focals with direct CL access). No problem if a patch was available immediately to remedy a "production" build whatever that date was, 4 months after initial issue observed in the forum we still wait for the parties involved to resolve, that's poor. The second this was identified in a beta release all development parties involved should have been jumping at the opportunity to resolve the issue with their product.

Jeff
MTFM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2012 07:51 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I try it. The rendering problem is still there.

Hello Bahjje
Thank you for the feed back . I've kept my previous driver Nividia Best regards