Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 10 "No audio in iTunes and iPad videos"
casualdon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2011 01:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone come up with a solution to the absence of audio in iTunes and iPad videos produced in powerdirector 10?
It seems to be a PD10 software problem, however Cyberlink seem to be unaware of it, can't find a solution, or they choose to ignore it.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

According to the latest news from CL, they are working on it... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20646.page

In the meantime, the only workaround I've found is to re-render (convert) the PD10 file in FormatFactory or Super© (both free), before importing to iTunes & transferring to your iPad/iPhone/iPod.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I'm using PowerDirector 10 Ultra, have the same issue when I updated to the 1129b patched version. Prior to that, audio was working fine in iTunes and iPad.

I asked Cyberlink about it today (2/6/2012) and they said, "I understand your concern related with the audio in iPad after producing the file in PowerDirector 10 Ultra. In regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that this is a known issue and the Research and Development team are still working on it to fix the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience."

In the mean time, I uninstalled the 1129b version and went back to the prior version and all is well again
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JHillmer -

Thank you for posting that. I hadn't realised it may have been a patch issue.

Other iPad users will be glad to see your post if they haven't worked it out for themselves.

Cheers - Tony
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Silly question really - same problem BUT how do you revert back to v1129a when the purchased download was 1129b??

I'm assuming you download the 1129a patch and installed over the top 1129b version?? Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

ynotfish
[Post New]
Neil -

I've always thought that to "roll back" to a previous patch/build of PD, you needed to uninstall - then reinstall from the original installer files - then apply the desired patch.

BUT there's a 50% chance that my understanding is wrong... I've never actually done it.

Someone who knows 100% for sure might chime in.

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
I didn't find any nice way to roll back, so I had to uninstall, and then reinstall the earlier version. The Cyberlink people replied to my question within 24hrs, so maybe the question to them should be, can you get a link to download the prior version (or patch level). As much as you would be a recent purchaser, and registered user, I'd like to think they could offer that. Though I say that not knowing for sure.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JHillmer,
I asked CyberLink to look in on this thread. If you need further support please advise me of your Ticket Number and I'll pass the information to CyberLink (to chase up and contact you).

Hi Neil (CubbyHouseFilms)
Please let me have your PD10 Purchase Order Number and I will get something sorted for you, asap.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator
Rich123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2012 17:29 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Any updates to this yet? I just upgraded to Power director 10 and now have the problem of no audio with iTunes or Apple TV. My sole use of this software to to convert my hi def videos (mts) to mp4 for streaming to my Apple TV.

Power director 9 worked fine for me, why I ever decided to upgrade is beyond me. I have to learn to leave well enough alone. I submitted a support ticket. I also asked if Cyberlink could provide me with the links to Power director 9, since I no longer have the installation files. At this point, I'd prefer to uninstall PD 10 and re-install PD 9.
Rayski59 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2012 16:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I take the file generated with PD10 for iPad/iPhone and run it through Aiseesoft iPad Video Converter. It generates the same video only now the audio plays.
Too bad you have to go through another step (and cost) but, support for PD10 doesn't seem to have an answer to the problem.
Rich123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did eventually find my links and keys to PD9. So I uninstalled PD 10 and reinstalled PD9. My mp4 files now play in iTunes and apple tv. I'm out the upgrade price of pd10, but have a product that works.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Another example where it requires TWO FULL versions of Power Director to create something, and boy am I glad I have the full versions of each so they can be opened independently without having to uninstall then reinstall!!!

Power Director 9 build 3305 - iphone/ipad video creation with sound in iTunes, iPhone 4S, iPad2.

Power Director 10 build 1129b - iphone/ipad video creation without sound in iTunes, iPhone 4S, iPad2.

Power Director 10 currently know as the "Apple SILENT MOVIE CREATOR!!"

Kevin

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 29. 2012 08:29

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
ChrislHoldsworth [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Aug 28, 2009 11:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
All videos rendered in MP4 PowerDirector 10 will not provide any audio for Itunes (haven't tried Ipad Iphone).
Solution if you have PD 9. Run the completed MP4 through Produce in PD9 and it will work in Itunes.
GoPokes
Member Location: NE Oklahoma Joined: Jun 04, 2011 10:33 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
"Apple SILENT MOVIE CREATOR!!"
That is Funny. LOL Amature does it till he gets it right. A Pro does it till he can't get it wrong.
Rich123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah that actually is funny. I'm just ticked I spent some 60 bucks to make silent movies.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Lets hope it gets patched soon! After all there are more than a few iPhones and iPads out there in the world and who knows what percentage bought Power Director 10 to put their precious memories on these devices to share with others and can't!!

And what percentage haven't found this forum to post their problem?

Transferring created videos to these type of devices is a pretty popular function I would guess, it is for me anyways.

Fortunately you can add sub titles so people can "read" and "watch" Grandma tell her stories to be shown at the family reunion!! That should be interesting video!!

Kevin
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Technical Support Ticket Ticket ID: CS001120630 submitted.
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Cyberlink Technical Support Update:

I am having a wonderfully interesting tennis match with Cyberlink Technical Support regarding this missing mp4 sound issue once the mp4 is imported into iTunes, then the sound vanishes. I plan on playing this one to the end to see how long it goes.

Three responses from technical support and three replies from me. So far Power Director 10 is the loser over Power Director 9 having the ability to actually place a video file on an Apple device that has sound.

Best,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06. 2012 21:47

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
With three responses each is it deuce or advantage Kevin?

On a serious note; let's hope it's the latter Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Final Response from me and Cyberlink Technical Support Reply:

Gaurav,
I did as instructed and viewed the produced mp4 file using Power DVD 11 and it had sound as expected. The problem (audio missing) is present when a user attempts to import the produced mp4 file using Power Director 10 Ultra, Build 1129b, into an Apple device. As soon as the mp4 is imported into iTunes, Version 10, the audio is missing.

This audio problem is NOT present when I use Power Director 9, Build 3305, and place the video sample "Nature Clip" onto the timeline and then PRODUCE to a video file and selecting the DEVICE tab, then selecting APPLE, then selecting either the ipad or iphone profile type, and selecting the HD Quality Profile type. The resulting mp4 file can then be imported into iTunes(audio present once imported) so that the video file can be synced to the Apple device. The result is the video can be viewed on the Apple device WITH sound.

Taking the EXACT steps using Power Director 10 Ultra, Build 1129b, producing the same mp4 using the DEVICE tab, selecting the ipad profile type, and selecting BEST Quality iPad Video, once the produced mp4 file is imported into itunes the audio has NO SOUND.

Please follow the steps I have indicated in your PC environment to duplicate the problem. It is reproduceable using the "Nature clip sample video" using Power Director 10 Ultra, Build 1129b, select the DEVICE tab, select APPLE, select either iPad or the iPhone Profile type and produce the mp4 file.

Play the produced mp4 file in a variety of media players including Power DVD 11 and the mp4 HAS sound.

Import the file into iTunes, Version 10,which IS REQUIRED, to import video files onto an APPLE Device such as an iPad, iPad2,iPhone,iPod...and after the video file is viewable in iTunes and played, their is NO sound. Sync your selected APPLE device with iTunes, and the imported mp4 file produced with Power Director 10Ultra, build 1129b, does NOT have audio present.

Same steps followed using Power Director 9 Ultra, build 3305, results in a successful import of the produced mp4 video, using the "Nature Sample Video Clip"into iTunes Version 10, and then seccessfully syncs and imports the mp4 video into the APPLE Device WITH sound.

Let me know if there are any further steps to explain the problem so that you understand it. It is easily reproduceable.

Also let me know if there is any further information you require to duplicate the problem in your PC environment at Cyberlink Technical Support.

Best,
Kevin

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for writing back.

Regarding your issue, for iTunes and iPAD audio, I would like to inform you that, I have escalated your issue to our Product & Development and they are working on it, once I get any update from our Product & Development department.