Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 10 "No audio in iTunes and iPad videos"
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Final Response from me and Cyberlink Technical Support Reply:

Gaurav,
I did as instructed and viewed the produced mp4 file using Power DVD 11 and it had sound as expected. The problem (audio missing) is present when a user attempts to import the produced mp4 file using Power Director 10 Ultra, Build 1129b, into an Apple device. As soon as the mp4 is imported into iTunes, Version 10, the audio is missing.

This audio problem is NOT present when I use Power Director 9, Build 3305, and place the video sample "Nature Clip" onto the timeline and then PRODUCE to a video file and selecting the DEVICE tab, then selecting APPLE, then selecting either the ipad or iphone profile type, and selecting the HD Quality Profile type. The resulting mp4 file can then be imported into iTunes(audio present once imported) so that the video file can be synced to the Apple device. The result is the video can be viewed on the Apple device WITH sound.

Taking the EXACT steps using Power Director 10 Ultra, Build 1129b, producing the same mp4 using the DEVICE tab, selecting the ipad profile type, and selecting BEST Quality iPad Video, once the produced mp4 file is imported into itunes the audio has NO SOUND.

Please follow the steps I have indicated in your PC environment to duplicate the problem. It is reproduceable using the "Nature clip sample video" using Power Director 10 Ultra, Build 1129b, select the DEVICE tab, select APPLE, select either iPad or the iPhone Profile type and produce the mp4 file.

Play the produced mp4 file in a variety of media players including Power DVD 11 and the mp4 HAS sound.

Import the file into iTunes, Version 10,which IS REQUIRED, to import video files onto an APPLE Device such as an iPad, iPad2,iPhone,iPod...and after the video file is viewable in iTunes and played, their is NO sound. Sync your selected APPLE device with iTunes, and the imported mp4 file produced with Power Director 10Ultra, build 1129b, does NOT have audio present.

Same steps followed using Power Director 9 Ultra, build 3305, results in a successful import of the produced mp4 video, using the "Nature Sample Video Clip"into iTunes Version 10, and then seccessfully syncs and imports the mp4 video into the APPLE Device WITH sound.

Let me know if there are any further steps to explain the problem so that you understand it. It is easily reproduceable.

Also let me know if there is any further information you require to duplicate the problem in your PC environment at Cyberlink Technical Support.

Best,
Kevin

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for writing back.

Regarding your issue, for iTunes and iPAD audio, I would like to inform you that, I have escalated your issue to our Product & Development and they are working on it, once I get any update from our Product & Development department.
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin et al -

This is really quite ridiculous

Back here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20646.page#109742 (26 December, 2011) I did fairly extensive testing which absolutely showed the issue with PD10's production for Apple devices.

That thread was referred to CyberLink by Dafydd http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/20646.page#110690

Now - over two months later - the issue has been escalated to R&D. Perhaps nobody mentioned the issue to Gaurav & the rest of the technical support team. They could have saved Gaurav & Kevin a truckload of time going through the same silly process & arriving at the same conclusions.

It should have been...
Cap'n Kevin: Dear Tech Support - There's no audio when I import my PD10 videos into iTunes.
Gaurav: It's OK Cap'n. We're already onto it.

Two words - Beta Testing!

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2012 02:06

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I don't want to be a killjoy to this thread....

Just wait for the patch .... coming really really soon and I'm sure it'll be posted/spotted on the PD page in due course: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 10. 2012 04:21

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
JOY???

There was none, Dafydd!

Hope someone's told Gaurav...

Cheers - Tony

PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
techdancer1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2010 10:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Don't get mad, just ask for your money back. That will wake them up.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

For those following this thread I have received this message from technical support:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are using CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Ultra software and facing issues with iPhone/ipad audio files.

In response to your issue I would like to inform you that CyberLink Research And Development team is working on the iPhone/iPad audio issue. However, the updates regarding the same will be released shortly, to be informed for the updates please keep visiting our website.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards,

Mubin
CyberLink Technical Support

I guess we just have to wait Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Missing audio when importing into iTunes is now corrected with the new patch 1424C

Tested and Verified.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2012 11:40

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
latest 1424 patch supposed to fix sound .. Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!