Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Strange picture distortion - Star Wars blu ray
[Post New]
Have you looked on the site for it? I received an email from cyberlink with a link for the file however I can email it to you if you need it. PM me with an email that will accept files larger than 3mb and I'll send it to you if you can't find it here on site.
II M0Z II [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2011 19:49 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am having the same issue. Using the full version of powerdvd 11 to watch Star Wars Blu Ray with my newly purchased Blu Ray drive. The discs play ok but every now and again the video becomes heavily distorted for around 30 seconds or so but the Audio in unaffected.

I have read numerous similar stories on the internet and have tried with hardware acceleration on and off, changing settings on my graphics card and within powerdvd 11, I have tried disc cleaning, have un-installed and re-installed everything. I have all the latest drivers and firmware updates but nothing seems to work.

Specifications are as follows:

Intel Q8400 Quad-core CPU
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
4 GB Corsair Ram
Samsung HD103SJ Blu Ray drive
Asus P5KPL-AM iG31 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard
Windows 7 64 Bit
HDMI connection to Samsung 42” HD Flat Panel
Intel Q8400 Quad-core CPU
4 GB Corsair Ram
Windows 7 64 Bit
fracas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2011 15:19 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Its taken Cyberlink too long to provide a fix for this. I have therefore requested a refund !!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2011 14:04

[Post New]
I'm attempting to attach the powerdvd 9.5 patch to this post. Keep in mind this is the oem version that came with my dell alienware laptop but it does play the bd's correctly for me.
 Filename
powerdvd30_0905_patch.rar
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3198 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
660 time(s)
JOSHUA E [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2011 12:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

If you wish to see your movies while they try to fix it or before you claim a refund do like me.
Move the ArcSoft website to download TotalMedia Theatre 5 trial version, at least you would have 15 days to see your Blu-Ray.

At least if you are like me.. I were completly blocked with PowerDVD 11 Ultra which can't read any of my 300+ Blu-Ray, downloaded TotalMedia Theatre and got no problem at all !

I tried Arcsoft's Total Media Theatre and it does the exact same thing, so no solution there. Has anyone else noticed that when trying to play the Star Wars blu rays on PowerDVD, that the color scheme isn't changed to Windows Basic like it normally does???
erwtwret [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2011 05:44 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
yes but I couldnt find it. the only version of 9 is 9.0123 bla bla. Let me try your way...
erwtwret [Avatar]
[Post New]
It does change to the basic but still the same distortions. I tried all possible players and updates. There is a solution based on anydvd program. It supposed to work "between" blu ray player and cyberlink but it costs $40 . Will try now 9.5 solution. Lets hope it works I have friends coming on Sunday to watch SW BD, what I suppose to tell them? close your eyes every now and then for 10sec?
erwtwret [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I'm attempting to attach the powerdvd 9.5 patch to this post. Keep in mind this is the oem version that came with my dell alienware laptop but it does play the bd's correctly for me.

confusion. is this power dvd 3? my system says I dont have right pdvd installed? pdvd 9.017
Belgarions1492 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2010 13:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Corel Windvd 11, 30 day trial version works for Xmen First Class on my system without warnings of high cpu usage or messing picture up.
mattcharlton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2011 07:59 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Disappointed that this is still an issue. Regret purchasing Power DVD 11.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please see a workaround until the issue has been fixed:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19254.page

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
mattcharlton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2011 07:59 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Watched Star Wars Episode III for around 30 minutes after removing the security update as per that workaround and I can confirm that this appears to have resolved the problem. First CPU core is still up at 100% but the pixelation has gone.

Hardly ideal removing a Windows security update but at least it provides a workaround until the problem can be fully patched.

Thanks Michael
erwtwret [Avatar]
[Post New]
Corel Windvd 11, 30 day trial version works for me. I watched last night ep IV for about 45 min and there was not a single one pixelation!. The core 2 still 100% but everything else smooth. If cyberlink will provide patch within 30 days I stay with PDVD 11 if not I buy the full Corel software.
erwtwret [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
please see a workaround until the issue has been fixed:

Br
Michael

you guys better do somthin' before:

authenticated local attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it.
II M0Z II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Removing security updates isn’t really ideal is it.

Hopefully we get an actual fix soon because I am really not happy about upgrading to powerdvd 11 so far... Intel Q8400 Quad-core CPU
4 GB Corsair Ram
Windows 7 64 Bit
erwtwret [Avatar]
[Post New]
get the Corel Windvd 11, 30 day trial, by then they should fix it.
LuthiensBeren [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2011 16:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if there will be a solution for PowerDVD 8/9/10?
abbeyboy91 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2011 20:19 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Does anyone know if there will be a solution for PowerDVD 8/9/10?

This fix works for 10, although as I think it was said before Core 1 is still overloaded. But I was able to get through Ep. 1 without artifcating, for which I am grateful.
Ed_T
Newbie Location: Fort Worth, TX, United States Joined: Apr 05, 2011 21:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Watching Star Wars V on living room TV. All is good in the world.

Wifey walks into the kitchen and begins clammoring around with pots and pans. Damit!!

I get up (out of my favorite recliner) and head to my study. Insert blu-ray into computer, start up Cyberlink PowerDVD 11, and PIXELATION. Damit!! Damit!! Damit!!

Cyberlink...you owe me one!!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed,

did you check this thread:

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
II M0Z II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any news on a genuine fix yet? I am getting seriously ticked off with this now...

The removal of security updates is not what I would call a fix and looking at the forums still isn’t resolving the issue for everybody....

In addition downloading another player shouldn’t be a solution when we have paid good money for powerdvd... Intel Q8400 Quad-core CPU
4 GB Corsair Ram
Windows 7 64 Bit