Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The Latest Release Crashes
Anthony John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2022 16:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Please provide link to reinstall previous release which did not have this problem.

Thank you.
[Thumb - PD.png]
 Filename
PD.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
52 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This isn't CL tech support, but you can reach them here.

I see several crashes of the CL App Manager (CAM) and a couple related to the new version of PD in the DxDiag results. You can download and install the final driver for your Radeon HD5760 GPU from this page, although I don't know if that will have any impact on this issue or not.

You can try uninstalling PD and then the CAM, and then reinstall both.

You also might want to try the 2 commands in this post to see if there are any issues with Windows' core files
bh5213 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2021 16:30 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Please provide link to reinstall previous release which did not have this problem.

Thank you.

I have this same problem since updating to the latest version today. I can't get any videos to export/produce without it crashing. Hopefully they can let us know what is going on very quickly.
Anthony John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2022 16:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have resolved the problem by installing powerdirector on my laptop and moving my project there. The laptop has a more modern graphics card than my desktop which is about 10 years old or more. My project is using fancy transitions and these seem to be the cause of the crashes on my desktop with the new release.

This suggests that the new release is moving towards making a more modern graphics card a requirement for rendering such fancy effects.

This sounds reasonable to me since we've all got to move with the times. At any rate, I am now able to finish what I was working on.

(P.S. My video card driver on the desktop was already up to date.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2023 11:21