Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CL Application Manager
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Today, when opening CL Application Manger on my laptop, I get a blank sign-in screen (see attached screenshot). I've uninstalled & reinstalled but I still get the same thing frown Oddly, I don't get the same issue on my desktops.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - CL App Manager.jpg]
 Filename
CL App Manager.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I have.
A while ago. I did check the internet connection which worked (typically it was waiting for something). 30 mins later it worked again. Maybe something at the CL side that was not taking in AM requests?
I have just now opened the AM, and it instantly came with an upgrade process. It installed okay. I am now running AM version: 4.2.2819.0, which now also appears to point to tutorials.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 11. 2023 06:55

Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes, I have.
A while ago. I did check the internet connection which worked (typically it was waiting for something). 30 mins later it worked again. Maybe something at the CL side that was not taking in AM requests?
I have just now opened the AM, and it instantly came with an upgrade process. It installed okay. I am now running AM version: 4.2.2819.0, which now also appears to point to tutorials.

Same for me!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This user had the same issue, and it seems like my recommendation won't make a difference since you've already done that.

It's possible it was an issue with CL's servers, but you'd think that the window template would appear normally.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well they just pushed out a new version of the App Manager:

If it doesn't prompt you to update when you launch it, manually download the latest version from the link in the discussion I linked to above. Maybe that will help with this issue...
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Well - that fixed it!

... and just after I'd tried everything I could & failing.

Thanks optodata!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!