Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green stripe
azehavi [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2020 04:41 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

What is the green stripe above the time line? It disrupts my entire editing.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Abraham
[Thumb - green stripe.jpg]
 Filename
green stripe.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
azehavi [Avatar]
[Post New]
A pop-up window appears on execution rendering
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Lower the preview quality one notch down. If it is on UHD, go to Full HD, if on Full HD, go to HD, etc. until the auto render stops happening.
azehavi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much tomasc
azehavi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately this glitch reappears again, any help would be welcome. At the same
time, I also contacted CyberLink support and I am waiting for their reply
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's not a glitch. It's PD pre-rendering a section of your timeline either because of a setting or because you clicked Yes when it asked you to pre-render a section because the video playback was choppy.

For the first case, disable this option:

In the second case, you may have chosen Yes at some point when you were presented with this message screen:

If you see it again, choose No.

Again, these are related to the UHD preview quality setting and staying at Full HD or lower will prevent the issue from appearing without warning.

It's also possible that you clicked on the Render Preview button at the top right end of the timeline, so don't do that either:

You may also want to delete all the temporary files to ensure that they won't interfere with your future editing. See this post for details.

A final option is to let the rendering process finish so that you can actually preview the project in real time and at UHD quality, although in my experience it's better to use Range Select and produce that specific section and then bring in the produced clip to replace the original timeline content

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2022 12:33

azehavi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much Optodata.
I am not using the USD preview quality and the "Render a preview..." is unchecked.
It also happened in much lower preview qualities.
Now for some reason the software works fine but I am worried about the continued work.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you very much Optodata.
I am not using the USD preview quality and the "Render a preview..." is unchecked.
It also happened in much lower preview qualities.
Now for some reason the software works fine but I am worried about the continued work.

If you deleted the render preview files and the issue continues with a reduced display resolution settings, the other possibility is your system. PD still has the feature that it will automatically generate render preview files when it detects resource playback issues. This can even occur at reduced display resolution settings with weak hardware and/or high-quality content in the timeline, and/or complex timelines for some low end GPU's and/or systems.

Maybe you are seeing this automatic preview generation feature since you imply it randomly appears fixed and then not with preview files being generated again.

Jeff
azehavi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much Jeff,
I showed your post to my technician and he came to the
conclusion that the GPU needs to be replaced.
Hope this will help
Abraham