Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Great question. I'd prefer NOT to convert anything but manage and edit them right inside Power Director BUT sound won't play from the .m2ts file when I drop it into PD.

That's why I'm wondering if I need some more codecs or something so that I can hear the sound.

this is pretty frustrating.

So the way I have to do it now...is use the Sony software to convert to .wmv or .mpg so I can hear the sound track inside PD.
Thanks DaffyD,

I checked, and I'm on a trial. If it will play my audio files I'll purchase the program, but I don't want to chunk down the $ if I'm going to have to do a bunch of converting every time I want to listen to something. The format out of my Sony HD handy cam is .m2ts and .modd (might be a sound file or something).

Is there a way to upgrade my codecs just to see if these work? If so, I'll buy the Ultra version.

Thanks again.

Frank
Will do thank you guys.
Thanks Adrian...how do I download media info?

I just switched to .wmv file and the audio file seems to be working.

Okay I tried it with the Nature.mpg file and there's a sound wave just below the video track and not only does it play in the media library but it plays on the timeline.

I am converting high-def files to .mpg and for whatever reason, when I drag them to the media library there is no sound attached.

Again the sound files play fine when played from my desktop, but not in the program at all.

Any ideas??
I am trialing the Power Director Suite 8 on Windows 7 and have tried multiple formats of video clips that have sound and play fine in the raw. However when I drop them onto the timeline I lose all sound and don't know how to enable it.

[/b]
What the heck am I doing wrong??

[b]
Go to: