Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
like NOT to use Acceleration Hardware

I haven't seen that but maybe I'm not checking the right place?

Edit -> preferences -> Hardware Accelleration -> Enable hardware encoding ??
Oh yeah, one more thing. PD is definitely worth every $ compared to the competition. No complaints from me about that.
My system gets defragged once a week whether it needs it or not.
Yes, the preferences can be changed for the file locations but I have a number of projects that are in different locations around my system and I may work on two or three projects in one day. One global location parameter if fine for people that keep all their videos in My Videos but I support three web sites which are stored in a folder structures under My Documents. I also have two youtube channels. The videos I have for youtube *are* in two folders under My Videos folder. I also do photo slide shows for various people and keep the videos for those in subfolders of the My Pictures folder. I also have another software package that is located in a folder directly under in C:\. During the install it does allow you to change the installation folder but if you chose that route it loses it's mind for some of the functionality. I've been using that software for around 8 years and they just announced that they are finally going to make it more of a windows standard type of installation Any way it would be very convenient to have the file locations saved with each project.

I agree, my graphics card does need upgrading. I've been thinking about that lately but my videos are usually pretty short and the rendering time isn't too much of a concern for me right now.

Just thought I'd post this up for general info.

I purchased Director Suite 2 which includes Power Director version 12 and have a few observations.

When I close a project one and try opening another project PD2 crashes about 80% of the time.

My observations after a few days of PD12 usage:

Most of the following things existed on PD8. I thought there would have been an improvement since then. But, I guess not.

1: I like to work on multiple projects at the same time. preferably in separate windows, side by side. Most applications now days allow this. I suppose there are reasons why this is not possible but I can't think of any. Maybe when computer memory was limited to 1 or 2 GB and processor speeds were limited to 1.5Ghz, but those days are over. I guess the only work around is to open project 1, work on it, save & close it, open project 2, and work on it, and go back to project 1. I could even deal with this cumbersome method if it wasn't for the crashing.

2. Another annoyance and this is, so far, my biggest complaint... Why can't PD12 remember my previously accessed folder/file structures for each project? When I close PD12, things revert to a pre-defined folder and file name defined in a global structure defined in "Edit-> preferences -> File" . Why can't those definitions stored with in the File Project Properties" instead of making them global? Very aggravating since PD12 crashes 80% of the time when switching between projects.

3. I am surprised that the app still has to open to fill the whole PC screen. In the years since the earliest versions when screen sized were 14, 15 or maybe 17 inch I could at least rationalize this behavior on an application but now with the average size of PC monitors approaching 23 inches why can't I just resize the PowerDirector 12 window and have it remember that size the next time I open it?

4. Non-compatibility when Opening projects made with earlier versions. A lot of the transitions don't port. Even though some of the original the transitions are still there in some upgraded form they don't even port. The flip transition is one example.

With all that said I still think PowerDirector V12 is a really good upgrade from my previous version 8.
I'm having crash problems too. Seems to happen most of the time when I try to switch from one project to another. Although I've only had version 12 for a few days.

The hiccups you're talking about... Are they the blips seen at what looks like places where you split the movie and removed some part?

Ok, Problem solved. Don't know what the problem was but I moved the text object about .1 seconds down the timeline and it now works.
I just downloaded PowerDirector V12 (Trial Version). I'm coming from V8 (yes I'm really tht old ) and have been using it for years. Don't remember exactly how many.

I was having a couple problems with V8 uploading to youtube and also creating DVD videos didn't work any more. Mostly in the past I just edited and uploaded youtube videos and I didn't do much as far as DVD rendering goes. But now I need to create a DVD which is the main reason I am looking at V12. I have been able to sort out the youtube uploading and DVD creating by using V12. I upgraded my H/W from 32 to 64 bit processor so I suspect it may have been part of the problem. Other than a couple problems with transitions not porting directly from V8 to V12 everything seems to be working except one thing so far...

I've added a text object with a transition at about 5 seconds into the movie. It works fine if I create a DVD and run he DVD in my PC or on my TV DVD player. It also plays fine if I just run the movie in the internal player. But... When I produce the movie for a youtube upload the text doesn't render at all.

Total movie consists of photos and transitions plus a couple slide shows and length is about 9 minutes.

Any suggestions.

I'm thinking I'd like to purchase the Director Suite 2 but would like to get this minor bug fixed first.
Go to: